Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:06:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Missing rules?  (Read 12116 times)

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Missing rules?
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2016, 01:29:11 PM »
Well said, Craig.  A Gentleman's disagreement it seems.
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline copeab

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2016, 06:53:08 PM »
Some people like rules-light games and some like rules-heavy games.

For example, the Captain's Edition of Star Fleet Battles covers a lot of ground, but a bunch of new players aren't going to be able to open it up and play it with alll options available in one evening.

BattleTech was originally easy to start with, but as rules got added, it became less of a beer-and-pretzels game. The same can be said for Car Wars.

I think the Company lists are quite useful. They serve as examples and can also be used for new players or to save time (so you can play rather than work through a spreadsheet). Also, not everyone uses metal miniatures -- I'm happy to use markers or paper minis close enough to what they represent (sorry, I hate painting minis and do a terrible job anyway).
Brandon

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »
You seem to have a problem with the rules. Fair enough. No-one's making you play them presumably. The author seems to have been reasonable and polite in his responses to you. In return you make multiple unnecessarily aggressive and personal comments about him.
You will see from the rules (the Lead Adventure Forum rules that is) that's not acceptable here.
The thread post may well get deleted - that's for the board moderator to decide. But if it is, it won't be for the reasons you suggest.
Meanwhile, the thread is locked for the time being.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »
For the reasons Captain Blood has mentioned I have deleted Bugpopes most recent post and the thread will remain locked for the time being.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing