Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686458
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WEG Star Wars - Battle Report ''Storming the Rebel Base''  (Read 14793 times)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: WEG Star Wars - Elite Armoured Rebels (Denizen Miniatures)
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 11:15:50 AM »
Anyway for my ongoing Star Wars project I wanted some armoured elite quick response/bodyguard Rebels. Now as WEG never made anything I felt suitable I had to look elsewhere.

25mm Sci-Fi (Let alone Truescale) is rather hard to come by these days as most companies favour 28mm-32mm Heroic made popular by Citadel/GW.

Anyway to cut a long story short I bought some of these by Denizen:

The scale isn't too bad and not noticeable in game, plus I get some cheap Grav Speeders withut paying a arm/leg & left n00t for the WEG ones if/when they pop up on the market.

Simple paintjob matching the rest of my modified Rebel Uniforms and I'm rather happy other all. I have a few more Denizen figures both Gravs & Troopers plus a few other bits to use as Fridge elements like Bounty Hunters/Mercs.

Thanks for looking!

Offline psullie

• Scientist
    • Paul's Blog
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
looking good Chico

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »
I use the GZG 25mm ranges as various rebel/PDF/Merc outfits. Might have to add some Denizen now.

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 08:55:34 AM »
looking good Chico

Thanks mate

I use the GZG 25mm ranges as various rebel/PDF/Merc outfits. Might have to add some Denizen now.
[/quo

Aye I have a fair few of those too but alot of those sculpts are hit and miss and it's a real shame as I'd like to have more valid 25mm options, still looking for a good proxy of Imperial Soliders too as I'm not paying silly ebay prices for them (£4/5 each)

On a general note, game 2 of the ongoing themed campaign is next week.. spolier General Veers is coming :)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: WEG Star Wars - It's a Trap! Admiral Ackbar and Mon Calamari
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2015, 11:35:20 AM »
It's a Trap!

I've gone for a rather dirty and worn torn paint  scheme like they have been in the field for weeks on end as that lends itself to their Commando nature.

I bought these on Ebay part painted, so gave them a wash and highlight followed by the dirtying up and re-based them

I'd like to add to this unit but these are the only 3 I've managed to win on ebay and they seem that they are quite rare on there (Never seen any other Troopers listed, and only a few Ackbars).

Along with Imperial Troopers, Scout Troopers & Snow Troopers they are on my most wanted list.

Wednesday I'm playing game 2 of the ongoing Star Wars Campaign (Game 1 was http://oldhammeronabudget.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/weg-star-wars-battle-report-bounty_4.html).  Which will see General Veers lead the renewed attack on the Rebel Base on Zan IV.

“Bounty hunters! We don’t need this scum.”

Boba will also looking for revenge against Solo for the Blaster wound in his leg and as such has brought some ''Friends'' with him.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:38:59 AM by Chico »

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
Re: WEG Star Wars - Battle Report ''Storming the Rebel Base''
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »
So last night we played the 2nd battle in the ongoing Star Wars campaign set on ZAN IV.

Full report is up on my Blog Here: http://oldhammeronabudget.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/weg-star-wars-battle-report-storming.html

But heres a few pictures:

Thankies for looking