Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Wire Spears/Pikes  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Wire Spears/Pikes
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:37:02 PM »
I tried to find wire pikes to use as banner poles on Foundry's site today - didn't they use to sell those? I think I remember that the packs marked '*' requires wire spears to be supplied by the buyer? I wanted to get some along with some Viking civilians.

I have found some at Artizan, but I'm not sure they have anything else I want at this point...  :?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Wire Spears/Pikes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:51 PM »
I tried to find wire pikes to use as banner poles on Foundry's site today - didn't they use to sell those? I think I remember that the packs marked '*' requires wire spears to be supplied by the buyer? I wanted to get some along with some Viking civilians.

I have found some at Artizan, but I'm not sure they have anything else I want at this point...  :?

Best to try is Nick at North Star. They sell them in two thicknesses so you have either use the thin ones as javelins behind the odd shield or the thicker ones as banner poles, spears and pikes.

i think that Perry Mini's still sell the Foundry type ones.

Darrell.

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »
I thought the Artizan ones were North Stars ones anyway as North Star distribute the Artizan stuff. There must be something to order as well from them.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »
I thought the Artizan ones were North Stars ones anyway as North Star distribute the Artizan stuff. There must be something to order as well from them.

They are yes, I discovered recently that the Artizan/Crusader/North Star sites all use the same checkout, so you can move between them adding things and it keeps them in your cart. Only a small thing but I wish I'd known in the past!

Edit: as a side note, plenty of web stores sell the North Star spears, Empress and Miniaturicum certainly do, maybe they have other things you want? Personally I use both Perry spears and North Star spears, depending on what I want for the figure.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:49:38 PM by Dewbakuk »
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »
They are yes, I discovered recently that the Artizan/Crusader/North Star sites all use the same checkout, so you can move between them adding things and it keeps them in your cart. Only a small thing but I wish I'd known in the past!

Edit: as a side note, plenty of web stores sell the North Star spears, Empress and Miniaturicum certainly do, maybe they have other things you want? Personally I use both Perry spears and North Star spears, depending on what I want for the figure.

Quite right, nick sells the Artizan and Crusader stuff and has done for a few years now.... i remember well as some of you may do the days when Mike Owen and Mark Sims ran their own Yahoo Groups and it was possible to get in touch with them and ask for them to sculpt specific mini's! sometimes it worked. The Repo Roman Marching Camp is an example of just that.

Darrell.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »
OK, thanks for the info!

I'll do some browsing as suggested - I may stumble on something to buy alongside the thingys...

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 08:18:03 PM »
Quite right, nick sells the Artizan and Crusader stuff and has done for a few years now.... i remember well as some of you may do the days when Mike Owen and Mark Sims ran their own Yahoo Groups and it was possible to get in touch with them and ask for them to sculpt specific mini's! sometimes it worked. The Repo Roman Marching Camp is an example of just that.

Darrell.

Yeah, we never did get the 7 Cowboys finished though :(

Offline Iain R

• Mad Scientist
  • High on life... and thinners. Mainly thinners.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »
Interestingly, the Perrys no longer list their pikes on their site. Just those strange big Japanese things.
Proudly not painting Wars of The Roses since... ever