Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:24:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690506
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SCW Italian 'kit' (update plus blog post)  (Read 15577 times)

Offline scrivs

• Mad Scientist
    • Scrivsland
Re: SCW Italian 'kit' (update plus blog post)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »
Excellent stuff, we see far to little new SCW stuff on here and I am just as guilty. Must do some more soon myself.
Scrivland, my blog of wargaming ramblings: http://scrivsland.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 09:05:56 PM »
I think you've done more than your share of promoting SCW... but by all means add more if it makes you feel better.  :D

Offline julesav

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »
I think that the Italian Coastal Defence troops in Sicily 1943 were wearing Adrian helmets and European green uniforms - sorry I can give you no source, it's just a memory from the research I did for my 15mm Italians!
"Some scientists say that humans exhibit a behavior called neophilia, which is a preference for new objects. It’s why we like shiny new things."

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 12:06:30 PM »
Many thanks Happy Wanderer, will be very useful once I get to paint my CVT squad  :D

What's next for you?

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
Still expanding my Italians - got some sun helmet Blackshirt types (Perrys) that will do for WW2 and Abyssinia...and adding some CTV and Eritrean Askaris to do and WW2 Italian armour as well... ;)

...and off course pressing my CTV into action  >:(

Cheers

Happy W

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »
Gents,

A quick update on some completed Italian armour....interwar design though used in WW2...

These M11/39 tanks come from Blitzkrieg Miniatures who do very nice stuff. The models comes in one piece with a separate turret and long barrel gun. The do require a bit of clean up work scraping away the resin material but overall this was pretty easy.

If I have one criticism it is that the gap between the ‘return’ track and the hull is no pronounced and in spots looks like its attached. I have painted a dark line in spots to give the illusion of shade there but overall its not a big deal though separate tracks might have been a better option instead of the one piece cast.

Anyway, I’m quite happy with them. They are painted to represent the M11/39s at Sid Barrini c.1940. They will see action in the early western desert and Abyssinia in 1941.

All in all they high marks!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 01:52:12 PM by Happy Wanderer »

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »
They look great!  8)

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 03:20:58 PM »
According to my knowledge the Garibaldi Brigade  (the Italian Brigade) was alongside the Spanish Republican Army and other Italians fought directly in the Spanish Republican Army. Other Italians fought in other international brigades

I assume you are about  italian CTV who supported General Franco!

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:17:14 PM by pierrebi »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »
I assume you are about  fascists of italian origin (CTV) who supported General Franco!

That's like describing Italians who fought for the Republic as 'communists of Italian origin' and just as inaccurate. Leave your personal politics at the door please.

:)

Offline Happy Wanderer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »

"I assume you are about fascists of italian origin (CTV) who supported General Franco!"

..you know what they say when you ASS-U-ME something  :D :D

..,No, I have Italian Internationals as well (Lukács's 12th International Brigade are the chaps you are thinking off)...what self respecting SCW player would deny themselves the unique opportunity for the engagement at the Trijueque–Torija roads during the Guadalajara Offensive, where Italians went at each other for the fate of Madrid...only in the SCW...one of its unique aspects....

...hope you like the tank pics. Whilst it didn't fight in the SCW its (T-26) cousin did fight for the Republicans (and Nationalists) you'll be pleased to know...and rather well   ;)

..I like that UGT pic by the way  ;)

Happy W

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 01:26:38 PM »
That's like describing Italians who fought for the Republic as 'communists of Italian origin' and just as inaccurate. Leave your personal politics at the door please.

:)

History is the same even if I delete the world ***you*** used for ***your*** personal politics.

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »

...hope you like the tank pics.
[/quote]

Yes, very nice ... good paint job!

Offline MartinR

• Scientist
    • The games we play
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 01:54:57 PM »
"That's like describing Italians who fought for the Republic as 'communists of Italian origin' and just as inaccurate. Leave your personal politics at the door please."

As three divisions of the CTV were Blackshirt divisions, it is pretty hard not to describe them as 'fascists', given the levels of Fascist Party membership.

The Italians who fought for the Republic were a  bit more a mixed bag.

Anyway, it was all a long time ago.

Cheers
Martin

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" Helmuth von Moltke

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »
History is the same even if I delete the world ***you*** used for ***your*** personal politics.

It was an example, my personal 'politics' are that they were all equally 'Italians', who fought for 'whoever'... LAF is apolitical and as I represent it here, so am I.

As three divisions of the CTV were Blackshirt divisions, it is pretty hard not to describe them as 'fascists', given the levels of Fascist Party membership.

Not really, the Blackshirt Divisions in Spain had a large proportion of conscripts who became 'blackshirts' by luck of the draw. Given that the first division was an army division too, the odds are for people who did not have an option to choose who and where they were fighting. Obviously some did of course.

In other news, all Republican soldiers were not 'communists', all Nationalist ones were not 'fascists' and you would hear a lot of Southern English accents in a WWII British 'Highland Regiment'.     

Anyway, it was all a long time ago.

Not long enough apparently.  ::)

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2015, 01:26:52 PM »
Not really, the Blackshirt Divisions in Spain had a large proportion of conscripts who became 'blackshirts' by luck of the draw.

In 1945 the cousin of my granny, Beppe Bersanino, decided not to fight for Black Shirts of Salò, and died in Mauthausen ... http://www.mauthausen-memorial.at/ life is make choices not fight against fate!