Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690936
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Companies in planning..?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline strawbuk

• Assistant
Companies in planning..?
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:32:18 PM »
What extraordinary companies are lurking out there...?

Now I have Tarzan, mad Egyptian cultists, French legionnaires with a robot, Scotland Yard with Sherly, Prussians with a big walker and partly done a Vlad the Improbable (with bride , Ivor, bat swarm, and Cossack gypsies).

Looking at a Japanese force, ninjas, samurai mixed with modern weapons, but stuck for a twist?  Deadly geisha assassin? Some Japanese spirit or monster?

RN landing party but looking for a twist still.

Dr Moreau off his island with new mechanical as well as biological tricks, leading his man beast including the large cyber gorilla...

Finally never going to happen but writing up back story for Goff T Racy , famous industrialist aeronaut and owner of fleet of commercial dirigibles. He has  5 sons, a posh cousin in London and a mysterious Asian man servant....Steambirds are Go!

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Re: Companies in planning..?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:40:40 AM »
I have been thinking for some time of doing a Company of Sky Pirates, based loosely on Craig's Lady Helen Quatermain’s Privateers, but based in an aeronef instead of a ship. My first attempt at the sky pirates company morphed into, of all things, a Company of international archaeologists led by an American Indiana-Jones-type which traveled around in an aeronef. That company was called Special Archaeological Service of the Society for the Investigation of Mystic Phenomenon. And the Pirates were never created.

So the Sky Pirates will probably be my next creation. Also on the horizon are expansion companies for Lamh Dubh: the Black Hand (another earlier creation of mine), which is a secret anti-British movement steeped in Celtic lore featuring Infernal Machines and Unspeakable Horrors; a John-Carterish Martian creation (to go along with my earlier Amazons of Barsoom) featuring Tin Man's female Martian Princess figures, but incorporating a little of the Wellsian elements introduced in Craig's new Martian Invasion supplement; and a Martian company fully in compliance with Craig's new Martian Invasion supplement, using Bombshell Miniatures' Edofleini for the Martians and utilizing various tripods and/or drones, probably from All Quiet on the Martian Front, and a few dastardly human collaborators and drones.

So a few expansions of earlier Companies, with the new--to me lol--concept of the Sky Pirates.
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline Blofeld

• Scientist
    • Frontline armchair
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
A company using Ironclad's excellent Sanwar as some sort of cultists may appear sometime soon with a few painted figures if I can get them ready in time. I'm also tempted to make a list for one of the smaller European powers' adventuring companies like Portugal, Sweden or Switzerland. Now all it takes is the gumption to actually get them ready  :D
Thanks
Blofeld

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »
Hmm, I have several ideas sitting patiently in the queue...

The various Westphalia clockwork/steam animals & their inventors/handlers.  I have yet to decide what their raison d'etre is though - are they goodies, diabolical evil geniuses or morally neutral but open for hire (as long as you're not too evil)?

Then there are the Hinterland lady hussars - a fully mounted force (including some with Arc Lances).  The wife of a senior member of the German Govt has established a small force of Hussars that accompany him on his foreign visits. Everyone agrees that they all look very pretty parading around on their horses & that it's good for wifey to have a hobby.  What no one realise is that they are actually all fully trained soldiers capable of conducting discrete missions on behalf of the German Govt.  (Unlike the Society of Thule, these girls are goodies - well, in as much as Johnny Foreigner can be a goodie.)

Next up are the Hellfire Club, with Pulp Figures cultists, led by the Freebooter Queen of Shadows as the Magus & some Hasselfree succubi.

I've also got the Northstar gasmasked & SRC breastplated British Riflemen - they're going to be some sort of SF type unit but I have yet to come up with the exact details.

Oh, let's not forget some Scotland Yard types to add as one of the scenario complications.  I'm torn between the Northstar ones with electric/arc truncheons & the rather natty Empire of the Dead ones with the capes.

But first, I've got some  Flames of War Germans to work on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 02:24:55 PM by Genghis »
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 10
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92