Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:40:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 860
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The "I haven't got time to do a Mad Max project" thread. UPDATE 19th Oct.  (Read 78753 times)

Offline daemon-forge

• Bookworm
might aswell comment on the drivers.

same as phil said TBH some that look like warboys would be very nice if possible. im not to much of a fan of a turret also but would prob still buy one or two just incase. gun mounts be sweet also (machine guns and harpoons!)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
The Interceptor progresses, although the photography regresses...

This is so that working, painting and putting it all back together is easier, it's been quite a thing to work out so thought it best shared in case anyone else would like to do it.

I've put a bit of paint on the interior and then chopped off the front bumper thus:

Then glued it into the metal body.

Cut a piece to build up the front.

It has the chunk cut out of it so the interior can still be put in, and use the post, etc.

On with the spoiler.

Bash on the miliput to the front, indenting the two holes.

Vroom Vroom!

Offline The Travelling Man

• Librarian
Phil the Interceptor is looking great! Bravo mate ;D Now a quick question- how you get the rivets out of the bottom of the car?

Ramshackle- great news on drivers and gunners. Was literally about to order your bikes when I read your post. Will hold off now until the drivers/gunners are out if they're relatively imminent?

A mix of gunners with and without weapons would be great- love some separate weapons too if possible; industrial looking flamers and harpoon guns on pedestal type mounts would be lovely. Also any chance of a few dismounted punks running around with crossbows, hand-to-hand weapons and the odd sawn off shotgun?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Phil the Interceptor is looking great! Bravo mate ;D Now a quick question- how you get the rivets out of the bottom of the car?

Ta.

I looked up a video on youtube. Be wary the Hotwheels world is an odd one, says the gamer, there's a ball of odd to it.

Basically you drill them out, they're not really rivets, more a pin with a thin top which has been stamped to mushroom over and hold it together. After a couple it becomes really easy to get it right.  ;)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I will be doing some drivers over the next few weeks. Can I please get some advice on how you want them to fit into the cars? I can do them holding a steering wheels so its easy to fit them, but is there any kind of "average size and shape" for the driver position?

I will be doing some gun turrets and mounts with with gunners too. Any suggestions  or comment would be welcome!

If I may Curtis?  I've been building these types of cars for a few years now and have seen quite a few solutions.  I think the best are the old GW Dark Future style.  From the knees up sculpt, holding a steering wheel.  It'd also be great to get some gunners for the passenger spot.  Maybe some who are firing large cal weapons and some that have hand weaps.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Car is coming along wonderfully.  I think HW has a 'Real Racers' line that has premium tires.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
How did you make the nosecone Phil?  Do you have pics?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Thanks guys, I'm now enjoying sanding and admiring the shape I've got on the spoiler...  ::)

Car is coming along wonderfully.  I think HW has a 'Real Racers' line that has premium tires.

I've found some replacement tyres in my spares box.

How did you make the nosecone Phil?  Do you have pics?

Milliput (modelling putty) - once you put the grille onto the body, and the white plasticard in place you've got both a shelf and a back to push the putty onto. Shaped it with a scalpel, now sanding, liquid stuffing and sanding again.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Very nice!  And the two air flow openings in the very front, plasticard or miliput?

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
I cut a piece of plasticard to size, wet it to reduce drag and pushed it into the milliput before it cured.  ;)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
Very nice!  Looking forward to the finished product. 

I decided to go this route for the MM1 and MM2 Interceptors.  If you scroll to the bottom you can see the original car and the conversions.

http://thecaveboard.yuku.com/topic/7175/164-Mad-Max-Pursuit-Special#.VXGhB-dSW9Z

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
I ended up buying every one I found on ebay, I got 3 :D

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Well it'll do that to ya!  ;)

Btw for the Fury Road interceptor these are the best photo references I've found

From here: http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/check-out-mad-maxs-sweet-interceptor-muscle-car-for-fury-road

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
Phil, this is a great video for some extra details :)

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
Thanks mate.  :)

Cutting out two small sections from the underneath piece to make allowance for the zommie pipes on the side pf the car. Without doing this putting it back together would be difficult.

New wheels, the Interceptor has seven spokes, I could only find fives, but much better wheels regardless, I've also filled them so they're flat on the inside.

The most fiddly bit yet was bashing together the part of the engine which sticks out the top of the bonnet.

It's a little too big, but I console myself with the shape of the spoiler... Vvroom!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:29:57 PM by 6milPhil »