Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Infinity RPG  (Read 1677 times)

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
(KICKSTARTER) Infinity RPG
« on: September 16, 2015, 03:10:41 PM »
It's announced and already funded - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

Giving serious thought to backing this one, even if just for the miniatures. I haven't read the page too closely, but it looks like good value (I reserve the right to be wrong about that  ;D)

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: (KICKSTARTER) Infinity RPG
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 04:38:29 PM »
I pledged!  ;)

And that even after all the bad KS experiences lately (Prodos Alien - still waiting etc, Rise of the Kage - bad mini quality etc etc).  :(
But Achtung Chthulu and MC are good KS, so I have faith in this one!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:28:26 AM »
The project looks to be doing quite well, even for a Modiphius project and they've been pretty good sellers (can't be bothered to check how they did so that's all IIRC). This one's about to break £90,000 mark at this time of writing.

I'm in it only for the miniatures of course and they do seem fairly reasonably priced for Infinity. I wonder if they could've been cheaper if they were only offered as a set of all 6 tho. Maybe that'll happen down the line. OTOH I'm not at all sure if I really want all of them (the Haqqislam cheesecake in particular is not to my taste, always assuming they don't change her pose and lose some of the weaponry) so this is still probably for the best in the end.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 07:31:23 AM »
Modiphus and Corvus Belli both have not disapointed me yet, so I have the fullest confidence in this kickstarter. And also, this is very relevant to my interests, so I will be going in guns blazing on this one!

Looks like there will be many stretchgoals to come (mostly modules?), as they've already smashed the highest stretchgoal mentioned when they started...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 07:41:56 AM »
I won't lie; I just want the minis!  ;D

Pity that there isn't a "minis only" pledge.  :?

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 09:13:13 AM »
Moreso that there doesn't appear to be an option to add-on for any pledges under £20. Hopefully that is either an outright error or they'll change their mind at some point o_o

ETA -- it's not an error. This from Chris Birch, Modiphius: "actually it's only Miniatures add ons you can't get for pledges under £20" :'(

Not going to back this then, unless they change their mind.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:22:44 AM by tnjrp »

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 09:35:51 AM »
Well, they are funding the book not the figs (which are a perk), so I guess it "makes sense". Either way, I would like to just be allowed to get the figs!  :P

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:41:02 AM »
Indeed. Infinity has been for a while my fave near future game .... for the most part for the number of outstanding miniatures. Although the whole atmosphere of it was sometime to much anime for my liking the fact that it was differnt truely appealed to me. However, after a long think i decided not to go with Infinity as the price of the miniatures is to high for me at this particular moment in time. In the KS clip the frasing ..'role playing' ... is used but all i see is lots of combat action even if no images of massive armies. And there was a Genestealer in there. And an image of something that vaguely reminded me of a spacemarine in GW stylo. Mmm .... :-( i hope Infinity will stay .... different ... for infinity. ;-)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »
Well, they are funding the book not the figs (which are a perk), so I guess it "makes sense"
Chris Birch was quoting costing issues as a reason for the limitation.... He said there's a chance that they change their minds but unless they do... Well, they don't need my money.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
Indeed. Infinity has been for a while my fave near future game .... for the most part for the number of outstanding miniatures. Although the whole atmosphere of it was sometime to much anime for my liking the fact that it was differnt truely appealed to me. However, after a long think i decided not to go with Infinity as the price of the miniatures is to high for me at this particular moment in time. In the KS clip the frasing ..'role playing' ... is used but all i see is lots of combat action even if no images of massive armies. And there was a Genestealer in there. And an image of something that vaguely reminded me of a spacemarine in GW stylo. Mmm .... :-( i hope Infinity will stay .... different ... for infinity. ;-)

As far as I could see, all the artwork shown is recycled from earlier books.

So yes; there are aliens involved (which is the part which I like least, but hey; even that fluff is still pretty solid), and some do resemble a certain chitinous, galaxy devouring race, but then, they also resemble Starship Troopers Bugs, Xenomorphs and a whole slew of other exoskeleton type aliens.

And as for the Space Marine; there is quite a lot of power armour in there since the beginning, and some have rebreather-like face plates and are quite bulky.

I think the issue is that most of the artwork used is shown just partially instead of fully, which can easily change the way a figure is perceived...