Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warcolours - new european paint range  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Warcolours - new european paint range
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:26:07 AM »
http://www.warcolours.com

A new range of miniature paints designed to be both cheap and good. Which is an interesting feat to pull off. Some blurb:

Here at 'WarColours' we sell handmade quality acrylic hobby paints for miniature wargamers and other specializations.

Innovation and different approach is the way forward, hence:

Our paints are affordable, high quality, durable and provide a smooth lasting coverage. They come in no-nonsense labeled pots. Naming is simple yet clever and convenient.

'WarColours' paints are manufactured by hand and with great love in Nicosia, Cyprus, and are shipped worldwide to you. Neo, our chemist, has more than 20 years of experience in the paint industry and a big passion for miniature wargaming.

Why use our paints?

They are unique high quality paints. Great colors, coverage and durability. No-nonsense product. A real person behind customer service. And last but not least: affordable prices thanks to the "no middle man" policy.

There was also some discussion about their development here:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/644933.page

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: Warcolours - new european paint range
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:57:30 AM »
Thanks Vermis. They certainly sound pretty good. And they're cheap. Will be interesting to hear how people get on with them...

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »
Well, there's a CMoN topic with some 'beta' tests, starting at the bottom of this page:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?59695-A-New-Line-Of-Miniature-Paints-Is-Being-Born/page5

Most liked them. One guy really didn't, but despite the e-beating the others gave him, I think his review was still a useful warning of any foibles that might annoy people. Even the sneers directed at him for using 'tabletop techniques' said something.

That said, I'm still optimistic about using these for tabletop painting, especially since one of the warm grey range might finally be the ghoul grey replacement I've been looking for. On top of that, the owner seems genuinely concerned about helping out hobbyists, offering to look at swatches to try to match old paints from his range, even producing new colours to replace old, popular ones. (Snakebite leather was mentioned a couple of times) We'll have to see how that pans out, but at the mo it feels like the friendly small mini-producer mentality, applied to paint.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »
Well, there's a CMoN topic with some 'beta' tests, starting at the bottom of this page:

I think his review was still a useful warning of any foibles that might annoy people. Even the sneers directed at him for using 'tabletop techniques' said something.

lol

Says it all, I think.
Personally, give me 'tabletop techniques' any day. I absolutely loathe that oh-so-attentuated CMON style.
;)