Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686658
  • Total Topics: 118118
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Spacelords release - Yoyodyne Elite Skychargers....  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Spacelords release - Yoyodyne Elite Skychargers....
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 01:00:44 PM »
Am I being unrealistic in anticipating increased sales as a resul of this? I hope I'm not... :D

Doug

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
The Phagon are super rad proxies for IG beastmen

The Japanese style are great alternate IG/interesting sci fi faction

And the Battleclones currently fill a gap in the market for Gigeresque humanoids in "bio-tech" kit. That's something I've been wanting.

I'm about to make my first small order of the remoulded figures. It's taken me some time to gain a full conspectus of all the figures re-released so far (a Facebook page is not my ideal form of catalogue) but I know what I want now.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »
I'm thinking these guys would make for an excellent "WTF?!" moment in A Fistful of Kung Fu. Pair them with Ral Partha's Mecha Dragon and they'll also make a great squad for any superhero game out there. Totally on my list now.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 04:32:20 PM »
I dont understand why people are not all over these figs. I have a bunch of them (as you know cus u sold me most of em) The sculpting is top rank, they go with anything sci fi from 40k games to a aliens style bug hunt and all ports in between.

they have the old school vibe with new school quality sculpting that squeals oldhammer

whats not to like about these figs!

What would catch my eye is painted examples of these figures.  BlackWidowPilot's photo of one painted space samurai did more to interest me then all the testimonials and pictures of raw metal ever did. That and some size comparison shots so we can see how these guys measure up to other manufacturers would help out a great deal. 

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »
I'm thinking these guys would make for an excellent "WTF?!" moment in A Fistful of Kung Fu. Pair them with Ral Partha's Mecha Dragon and they'll also make a great squad for any superhero game out there. Totally on my list now.

I agree. Which is why I've been putting painted samples on the FB page for the last week or so (there's one there now, in fact)... ;)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spacelords/432693476904153
Doug

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 06:28:20 PM »
I agree. Which is why I've been putting painted samples on the FB page for the last week or so (there's one there now, in fact)... ;)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spacelords/432693476904153
Doug

Doug,

go to my blog and steal all the photos of my painted Space Lords figures as you see fit! Seriously, and I have some more in the works I hope to wrap up and photograph fairly soon... 8)
Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
www.silent-death.mx

\\\\\\\"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!\\\\\\\" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 06:33:29 PM »
I dont understand why people are not all over these figs. I have a bunch of them (as you know cus u sold me most of em) The sculpting is top rank, they go with anything sci fi from 40k games to a aliens style bug hunt and all ports in between.

they have the old school vibe with new school quality sculpting that squeals oldhammer

whats not to like about these figs!

Agreed. They are IMHO some of the very best sci fi figures available despite their apparent age of manufacture, truly classics. 8)

Personally I dont think the rules they are played with is going to increase sales. I use warengine but that is a old ruleset (though we use the new unreleased version) and I cant see it influencing a sale TBH.

Speaking out of my arse with no proof what so ever I think the imagineering is what sells figs.

Either the people making the figs spark the buyers imagination by having a fleshed out background they reside in ala warzone/40k/shockforce et all that the buyer wants to participate in. eg. Cor look at those neato warzone trenchers, they look all ww1 cool with the gasmask and ragged capes etc and they fight a never ending war against necro cannibal hordes on steampunk Mars! Oooo sign me up with a pack or 3!

or

the figure/s spark the buyers own imagination.

Actually, it's both if my own experience in the industry and the hobby is any indicator in the matter. Either a good set of rules that drives a good set of miniatures of a good set of miniatures that one can make fit a good set of rules, mix either with just the right personality and imagination, and a purchase ensues. Rinse. Repeat.

I use my Spacelord figs as convict troops aka the convict canaries (look and name lifted from red dwarf) in a black comedy sci fi universe akin to Hyperdrive crossed with 40k and a jigger of australian culture on top. A sci fi universe of true horror if there ever was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperdrive_%28TV_series%29

You mixed Red Dwarf, Hyperdrive, WH40K, AND Aussie culture? You are one deranged individual, Scurv! I SALUTE YOU, SIR!! :D

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 06:35:05 PM »
What would catch my eye is painted examples of these figures.  BlackWidowPilot's photo of one painted space samurai did more to interest me then all the testimonials and pictures of raw metal ever did. That and some size comparison shots so we can see how these guys measure up to other manufacturers would help out a great deal. 

If everything goes according to plan (HAH!!! lol) I'll have a new group of these specific figures on my blog by week's end, all in a fetching bright red laquered armor finish ala the 16th century Ii clan's "Red Devils."

Stay tuned...

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 07:56:36 PM »

If everything goes according to plan (HAH!!! lol) I'll have a new group of these specific figures on my blog by week's end, all in a fetching bright red laquered armor finish ala the 16th century Ii clan's "Red Devils."

Stay tuned...

Sweet! 8)