Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battleground WWII  (Read 2962 times)

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
Battleground WWII
« on: October 14, 2008, 11:57:07 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get infantry play sheets for these rules? Their website no longer exists and the yahoo group does not seem to be moderated and is over run with spammers and bots. Any help appreciated.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Battleground WWII
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »
Silly question, but what is an infantry play sheet? And yes i know it is a silly obvious questions but want to make sure which sheet your referring to. I have a few things saved here and there, but not knowing the specific sheet. Can ya describe, or post a pic or something?  :-)

Grimm

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 03:03:04 AM »
Use this group and they have all the sheets in the files section.  If you can't find it let me know as I have them all.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/BGWW2/?yguid=328066078

Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »
I have them as well.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 11:15:09 PM »
@Grimmnar:They are basically stat sheets. No pics or anything I'm afraid.

@Postal: Cheers for the offer.

@Kampfgruppe Cottrell: My feeling was you'd be the one to know if there was another active group somewhere, thanks very much for the link and offer of files. By the way have you done any flying rules, jetpacks, etc, not planes, for your Weird War version?

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:57 AM »
no problem,I have a codex and victorian for battleground too.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 05:57:15 AM »
I've done some superhero and demon flight rules but no jet packs.  Off the top of my head here are some Jump Pack rules:

1 Action to activate, ie blast off.  Blast off will produce a small blast (use grenade template on top of mini) and anyone within it could be harmed by it taking off.  Just use the template columns with a +1 to the result as it doesn't create shrapnel and the user is immune to it obviously.  Blasting off will propel the mini 6" straight up and from that altitude they will continue to move each action.  I tend to use actual 3D movement in inches so lets say a jet pack can move 12 inches in a single action, this would be actual movement of however you want it to fly.  For example, you want to fly over a building that is 10" tall and you are already at an altitude of 5" so it will take you a single action to clear it with an additional 7" to move.  That could be to a higher altitude or to land on top of the building.  Landings are free but a successful Skill Check must be passed or they crash.  If they crash they will be hit with a column hit for every 5" they moved last turn starting with the Pistol Column.  Use terrain modifiers to the Landing Test if they land in terrain other then open.  Night will half all landing Tests unless there is a full moon then it is only a 1/4.  The blast will also be used when landing.  I would give a Jet Pack and limited flight altitude of say 30-50 inches.  Firing from a Jet Pack would be 1/2 to hit as normal and firing at a jet pack would use the to hit modifiers as if firing at a moving vehicle but taking damage as a trooper.  Light Wound results will roll and on a roll of 19-20 the Jet Pack is damages and the mini crashes to the ground taking the normal hit as described above.  Heavy Wounds will randomize movement each turn until they crash or fly off the board.  Spotting Jet Pack troops will always be Troops in the Open Moving with a -1 shift unless they are in clouds then they are concealed or obscured completely.  Jet Packs produce sound as if a vehicle engine and a flash as if a grenade blast for when in night games.

Now that's just off the top of my head without looking at anything but my keyboard at 1 in the morning but sounds good to me for a starter set of rules to go off of.  If you have any other questions just shoot me a e-mail and we can hammer them out.

Brian

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 02:56:20 PM »
no problem,I have a codex and victorian for battleground too.
What is the codex? And is the other Victorian Science Fiction?

@Kampfgruppe Cottrell: Wow, that was quick! Cheers. I have your stuff from your site but I don't have points costs for them. Is there a points cost list somewhere for your stuff? And where are the demon flight rules to be found?

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 01:12:48 AM »
I make it a rule to never play with points so I don't have any points for ya with my stuff, sorry.  Demon flight examples can be seen in the Incubus/Succubus rules.

I stick with scenario heavy games often with a GM present to really mix it up.  Never liked the whole points systems in anything and with the BGWWII rules you will see how a skilled and sneaky bastard can really out wit and play a overpowering force.  If not a specific mission game we just throw out a platoon of infantry with a few specials or vehicles to spice it up.

Brian

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »
I call it a codex but its just a points system.the victorian battleground is historical with rules for cav.,bug guns,bows,spears,musckets,and other firearms from that era.I have posted a copy of them on the battleground wierd war fourm.here
http://battlegroundweirdwarii.com/forum/index.php?topic=192.0

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »
I call it a codex but its just a points system.the victorian battleground is historical with rules for cav.,bug guns,bows,spears,musckets,and other firearms from that era.I have posted a copy of them on the battleground wierd war fourm.here
http://battlegroundweirdwarii.com/forum/index.php?topic=192.0

Cheers Postal. I'm actually a member there, lol, but haven't spent any time there. Is your codex a list of points from the play sheets? And do you have points for the Victorian weapons?

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 10:50:16 AM »
Dont know for sure I found it on the internet years ago,and now cant find them any more.If you want a copy let me know I could copy and mail them to you or scan them and e-mail them.There is know points for the victorian weapons but I would say you wouldnt be adding points but subtracting.