Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Muthaship Supplies  (Read 240185 times)

Offline GDonk

• Scientist
Re: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Vehicle Bay COMPLETE
« Reply #960 on: July 09, 2019, 06:37:19 PM »
what everyone else has already said, and then some.

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
« Reply #961 on: July 09, 2019, 10:10:44 PM »
I agree also that the floor looks a bit too clean with all your amazing junk everywhere.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #962 on: July 10, 2019, 11:58:07 AM »
How about just leaving the space open for figures to move through

Offline Skullhamma

• Scientist
    • 15mm through space and time blog
« Reply #963 on: July 10, 2019, 02:12:17 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o

Cannot write... I'm just drooling over this. Maybe later.

Offline Raedwald

• Scientist
« Reply #964 on: July 10, 2019, 10:16:11 PM »
Wow...absolutely stunning!

For one of the spaces how about a customer waiting area? Beat up couch, table with magazines, coffee machine / vending machines, etc.?

Thanks for sharing this, it’s hugely inspiring.

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #965 on: July 10, 2019, 11:51:46 PM »
Amazing work. An inspiration to us all  :-* :-* :-*
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #966 on: July 11, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »
As tear-inducingly beautiful as ever!  :-*

And also now firmly set in the Fall-Out universe I see... ;)

But... no threading on the bolts of the wheel assemblies on the Wasteland Crawler? ;D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #967 on: July 11, 2019, 01:56:01 PM »
I think my favorite thing about this is there's so much going on- the scenes remind me of Sergio Aragones's claustrophobic drawing style, always something to see. Plus it's fun to identify components :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #968 on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:16 PM »
It's totally amazing the work and the detail, you Sir! Your making the Apocalypse  looking like a fun place to be!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #969 on: July 11, 2019, 04:23:24 PM »
It really is a work of art.
And a weathering masterclass.
Maybe help out the rest of us mere mortals by revealing your favourite couple of go-to weathering products and / or techniques / tricks of the trade?  :)

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #970 on: July 15, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »
That is so ridiculously awesome, I'm stunned. Every little detail is so excellent.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #971 on: July 16, 2019, 10:35:27 AM »
It is grand, great vision and execution, but I too think the floor is far too clean. Now I've seen it, I can't unsee it if you know what I mean.
Leave those two spaces empty, maybe just some oil stained crumpled magazines, a drinks can or other minor detail. Like any good composition, the eye also needs dead areas on which to rest. Not to mention actually being able to get figures in there.

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #972 on: July 19, 2019, 02:03:57 AM »
The level of detail is as wonderful as the implementation.  Fantastic work.   I would second a crane or engine lift.  Some dirt around in corners on the floor could point to where people walk and where they don't.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Re: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Hanger Next Steps
« Reply #973 on: July 20, 2019, 03:37:26 PM »
Hi all, thanks so much for the great comments and for the suggestions. So, what to do...

It is grand, great vision and execution, but I too think the floor is far too clean. Now I've seen it, I can't unsee it if you know what I mean.

Leave those two spaces empty, maybe just some oil stained crumpled magazines, a drinks can or other minor detail. Like any good composition, the eye also needs dead areas on which to rest. Not to mention actually being able to get figures in there.

The floor - I know. My plan was to finish all of the inserts and then do the floor, just to be sure where the paths, vehicle working areas and other bits would be. A bit unnecessary perhaps but I'm committed now. Rest assured, there will be dirt, lots of dirt.

Can't quite bring myself to leave the areas empty. You're right about the composition, but see Moebius point below.

I think my favorite thing about this is there's so much going on- the scenes remind me of Sergio Aragones's claustrophobic drawing style, always something to see. Plus it's fun to identify components :)

Love identifying components in other people's work so I'm right there with you. Someone else likened this to a pic by the Belgian artist, Moebius, who I always used to love as a kid - chaotic and full of hidden detail. I guess that's the feel I'm going for.

Wow...absolutely stunning!

For one of the spaces how about a customer waiting area? Beat up couch, table with magazines, coffee machine / vending machines, etc.?

Thanks for sharing this, it’s hugely inspiring.

Now that is a cool idea. Not shown in the pics below but I love it and definitely have the parts for it. Will squeeze it in!

As tear-inducingly beautiful as ever!  :-*

And also now firmly set in the Fall-Out universe I see... ;)

But... no threading on the bolts of the wheel assemblies on the Wasteland Crawler? ;D

thank you! Aye, always wanted to have a little bit of a Fallout feel to Junktown (not least the name/inspiration). I don't stick strictly to the 'lore' because it's too limiting for models, especially vehicles unless you go back to FO 1 and 2, but I love the Vault concept and the idea of dwellers battling those on the surface for salvage. I f I ever finish Junktown I have a whole gang of Vaulties waiting for completion.

And as for the bolt threading - aieee, I have been out-detailed. Good call. Will need to add some lines in - thank you!

Superb  8) 8)

Maybe the two remaining areas could just be tarp covered objects? Of failing that one of them could be the sort of crane you see in car garages?

So, picking up two of these, I was wondering about a recovered vehicle, something like that below. I like the idea of showing something that has been obviously salvaged and is waiting for a refit. Ignore the vehicle itself - just a place holder.

Could also have a tarp on it - again a place holder as I'd use tin sheet for the real thing.

I love it.

I like the crane idea. But how about in stead of filling it just dirty up the floor. In a workshop like that there is bound to be some oil and paint spills.
With all that magnificent junk the floor is almost to clean.

See above on the floor (but you are right of course). The crane. Two options really. An industrial interior crane, which is what I think most of you may have in mind, like this:

Or something a little more chaotic and jury-rigged, like this (noting it would have some work to tidy up the obvious disconnects around the turntable.

The first is a tight fit but would add to that sense of overstuffing, which I quite like. The second takes less space but will have the crane almost in the rafters, which might look a bit silly. But then again, what is silly in this context? I have an engine ready to hang off either crane.

Oh, it's fantastic in there! I also agree with the crane idea, but maybe it's broken in some inconvenient way.

Like the idea of the broken crane and I think it could work for either of the above. Could even hang a sign off it saying 'Danger - Rusted and Unstable' or something like that.

The last option was the one I originally started with. I like having vehicles in here that match those in the various salvage teams or 'warbands'. As the Junktown Security Force has Thing 1 and Thing 2, I was tempted to have Thing 3 in here in bits.

What do you think, vs the options above?

Thing 1&2

Thing 3

It really is a work of art.

And a weathering masterclass.

Maybe help out the rest of us mere mortals by revealing your favourite couple of go-to weathering products and / or techniques / tricks of the trade?  :)

Thank you - and I will try to combine the above with the next set of posts. What ever I fill the gap with, I'll do a little bit of a walkthrough with product placement!

As ever, very grateful for your ideas and continued encouragement. Gotta love this hobby of ours.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline racm32

• Mastermind
    • Wyndehurst Productions
Re: Junktown Scrapyard Crew - Update - Hanger Next Steps
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2019, 03:57:32 PM »
Do both ideas, crane and thing 3, except the crane is suspending the turret above the hull for maintenance.