Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:54:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ultimate Alliance: Annihilation  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Hat Guy

• Mastermind
  • If you want peace, prepare for war.
    • Superhero Gaming Blog
Re: Ultimate Alliance: Annihilation
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 02:40:06 AM »
Well, I'm finally recovered from my big game and rather than burning me out on Supers, I feel reinvigorated and raring to go. In fact, I've already painted another 3 supers and played a game of SS4.  lol

For my next few events (club open day and Arcanacon), I'll be keeping the table and game much as they are, with some small additions and tweaks, depending on what else I get done. That said, for future Little Wars, I intend to vary it up a bit; this year it was Annihilation, one of my favorite Marvel crossovers which provided a great "Heroes vs Villains" game with clear goals and outcomes. Other ideas I'm toying with are Infestation (IDW) and Civil War (Marvel), though the second worries me a bit, as I can foresee it easily becoming a boring slug-fest.

For now, what I would like to do is to turn my display into an ongoing campaign for the players at my club. A fun series of linked games that allows people to play with a wide variety of heroes on varying missions. I have plenty of heroes, so I don't need to accelerate my appropriations there, but I think my villains may need a little work, and a little help from you guys.

For those unaware, Annihilation tells the story of Annihilus' invasion of the 616 Marvel Universe, with the overall goal of wiping out every living thing except himself, so that he can live forever in peace. Yeah, he's a little unhinged. Towards this goal, he has assembled a little help.

The Annihilation Wave is a swarm of endless and endlessly varied bug monsters that consume everything in their path. Created my Annihilus, the wave is utterly loyal to him and practically unstoppable.

The Centurions are an army of 100 Super-creatures from the Negative Zone, drafted into the war against our universe. Many hold little loyalty to Annihilus, but lack the power to challenge him directly.

Ravenous and the Seekers (not the band) are Annihilus's attempt to create his own Heralds. Though not as powerful as the likes of Silver Surfer, the Seekers are still a terrifying force, capable of leveling planets. 

Control bugs enable Anninhilus to use others like puppets, a good way to introduce new characters into the campaign.

Thanos, being all about death, jumps on the bandwagon, though has a good exit strategy for when things go pear shaped.

Now all that's a pretty good start, but me being me, I want to throw some other comic villains into the mix. I've already got the Dark Judges, I think they'd be on-board for wiping out all life in an entire universe. But what about other villains? Any suggestions? I'm eyeing off Darkseid, Parnival Plunder, The Undermind and Black Lanterns at the moment, would these work?