Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686439
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Venta de Pantalones - Vistula Lancers  (Read 37928 times)

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Venta de Pantalones - the French - Lancers
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2021, 05:56:44 PM »
Spray it with matt white,
then surrender to Jamie & me. lol lol lol

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Venta de Pantalones - the French - Lancers
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2021, 06:44:54 PM »
Very droll!  ::)

Edit:

Don’t want to worry you Pete but I’ve just been tinkering and added another battalion to my wish list!   Now I feel a little happier about painting white minis, I thought I’d add a couple of Kingdom of Holland units to the list, (I lost one French one at least!).  So my “German” brigade will now have the Anhalt-Lippe, Nassau and Kingdom of Holland.  Colourful looking contrast to the sea of Frenchies in their over coats!  Adding another unit has pushed my progress back to 40% though….so I need to lift it with some progress.  If I can get the Anhalt and the Lancers done over this next few weeks, it will lift it somewhat!

My only real dilemma is whether to go Perry or Front Rank for my Nassau.  If I’m honest, I prefer the look of the Perry ones, but there are some nuances regarding bags and water bottles that identify them as later…..but I may just have to overlook that.  I don’t need to worry just yet, I have plenty of minis already that need painting!

As mentioned, I want to paint the first of the German units, but whilst I’m about it, there are two more great coated units that are begging to be be painted to finish off the 1st Division’s 2nd Brigade.  Hopefully, after they are done, the balance of Frenchies will not be wearing coats……at least, that’s the plan.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 09:51:20 AM by Digits »

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Venta de Pantalones - the French
« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2021, 09:19:45 PM »
Prepping Frenchies for painting along with another already prepped Warlord Great Coat unit.  Managed to make the Perry on the sprue to make it easy.

Not overly struck with the Perry……too tricky to get the arms aligned, and very fine flash that is annoying.  They are also pretty tall.  Still, should make for interesting unit, but I think I prefer the Warlord minis, and metals.  Think I might just paint these as Swiss.  The two great coat units will finish a French brigade (edit:  actually I missed they will still need a light battalion  :? ).

« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 09:43:48 PM by Digits »

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »
And do you still believe your own propaganda,
that you don't produce much? lol lol lol

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2021, 10:09:06 PM »
They ain’t painted yet!  :?

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2021, 06:28:39 AM »
They ain’t painted yet!  :?

Oh well, if we are playing the 'ain't painted yet' game,
I do believe I win, hands down! :D

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2021, 07:23:06 AM »
And the gold medal for ‘ain’t painted yet’ goes to Has.been.  lol
Flatpack

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2021, 09:50:44 AM »
I will give you that one for sure!   If I had as much of a lead mountain as you, my wife would have cut my balls off years ago!  :'(

Saying that, it must be bloody marvellous coming across a great mini you forgot about years since!  Proper Aladdin's cave you have there!

Ok, I have made a slight tweak to the force org and balanced the German Division.  The French unit shown in the second brigade may change out yet if I can find another unit I like….maybe Baden, however I like the balance of it now.  If I do add a Baden unit, I may simply put the French unit in the second Division (thereby adding to the target again!)

Meanwhile, realising I am still missing the 12e Legere from the 1st Division, second Brigade, I have had to order one “last” box of greatcoats.  I have also ordered a flag as I must have missed it in my reckoning!

I have also pretty much finished naming all the command characters.  Please don’t heckle me, what can I say….dieting at the moment so thinking about food made it pretty easy! Lol

Now to do some painting….
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 09:24:02 AM by Digits »

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Venta de Pantalones - the French - a few more battalions
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2021, 03:07:31 PM »
Huzzah!

A little progress at last!

Sat in a field in Cornwall, weather mixed and at times a bit misty and playing havoc with my paints, but I have managed to paint two battalions from the same regiment.  I will base and flag them when I get home.

A bit worried seeing as numbers are my livelihood, but I over estimated the number of minis I needed for them, as such I’ve gone and painted another half dozen more!  Ah well, I may need to simply add another unit to the force list, and paint the balance of it quickly for an easy win!  :D

I was over thinking what I’d get done, but as I said, weather has effected my progress.  I had hoped to paint the Anhalt battalion too….but it looks like I may just simply start it now….

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »
Looking good and painted in Gods county even better even for Frenchies!

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2021, 09:33:58 AM »
It’s certainly a gorgeous county!

Frenchies done for now, adding a little german flavour with the start of the Anhalt, Confederation of the Rhine soldiers.

I may get a bit done before going home, but it will be good to get them under way.

Getting a bit bored of greatcoats now, so good to get to proper uniforms…. ::)

Offline LazyStudent

• Librarian
« Reply #311 on: September 14, 2021, 11:05:49 AM »
Looking good!! Very impressed with your holiday painting. Could you share your holiday painting set up?
"History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2021, 01:48:08 PM »
All I can say is take ONLY what you want to achieve.  Don’t take too many alternate bits as you won’t achieve anything!

I work out what paints I will need and a tray to keep it all on. 

Find a nice spot to park up, be prepared to answer the inevitable questions passers by will ask you and paint betweeen trips out, dog walks and good food!

Simples.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 08:31:17 PM by Digits »

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2021, 01:52:58 PM »
Finished another battalion last night meaning I have finished another brigade!  Huzzah!

The bases are sanded and at some point I will paint and tuft the bases, but for now I consider these painted!

So now I’m very nearly at the midway point with 47% of the army painted despite me tinkering and adding units.    Saying that, I’m tempted to add a fourth battalion to each of the two brigades in the second division yet! 😫

I have the minis…mostly in metal, to paint another 8 battalions and a lots of horses so no need to rush out to buy anything just yet….

Now…to help out the allies, I need to go and paint a few Scots…..

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Venta de Pantalones - the French - 47% complete!
« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2021, 02:36:27 PM »
To para-phrase from the film Jaws,
'We're gunna need a biggerboat wargames table'

David you do know we are only doing skirmish don't you?
 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol