Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter to start 7th July (Pictures)  (Read 25522 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter to start 7th July (Pictures)
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2015, 10:37:07 PM »
By the time they're out for retail they'll still be reasonably priced.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »
That may be the ticket Elbows. :) hopefully I can find some in a bring and buy :D

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2015, 08:20:21 AM »
Pledged, but still thinking on which to purchase.

The postage to UK we know is a pain and then we get the extra joy of import charges to.

Thankfully the pledge manager, when it goes properly active supposedly in 3 or 4 weeks apparently will be available almost until the end of 2015.

Should be even enough time for me to decide on specifics.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2015, 11:34:36 AM »
Yes,
I don't understand why the Reaper Boys don't use their UK-distributor ( Miniature Figurines ) in order to serve the EU.
Would make them much more sales..
Leadhead

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2015, 12:17:36 PM »
According to previous discussions in their forum regards the former bones ks, it comes down to costs and distrubution/delivery - first of the containers to them from China, then redistribution - as they are unable to split the content when it leaves China

It goes into more detail than that, somewhere but basically the logistics appear to be to difficult to process regards seperating it in China before shipping the containers to USA and/or Europe - Easier and less costly to just ship all to USA.

So we continue to basically have to suck it if we want them...

which cuts down the sales - Which I think they are well aware of, but have not come up with a solution yet..

Let me just add I would have no issue with them just shipping it all to Europe instead and processing all the  orders from somewhere in the EU instead... :D

Offline Cergorach

• Student
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2015, 06:46:14 PM »
Yes,
I don't understand why the Reaper Boys don't use their UK-distributor ( Miniature Figurines ) in order to serve the EU.
Would make them much more sales..
I also suspect that they don't have the capacity (people) and space to service all the EU that would bring. I saw some pictures of Myth and that needed a lot of people to package in some basement in Germany.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2015, 03:55:18 PM »
According to previous discussions in their forum regards the former bones ks, it comes down to costs and distrubution/delivery - first of the containers to them from China, then redistribution - as they are unable to split the content when it leaves China...

Wasn’t the purpose of the very first KS Bones Campaign to buy machinery and whatnots to produce the figures in the US? I wonder what happened to this plan. They sure reached WAY beyond their goals in every KS Bones Campaigns they’ve done so far, no?
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Tactalvanic

• Mastermind
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2015, 04:33:14 PM »
Wasn’t the purpose of the very first KS Bones Campaign to buy machinery and whatnots to produce the figures in the US? I wonder what happened to this plan. They sure reached WAY beyond their goals in every KS Bones Campaigns they’ve done so far, no?

Product still has to ship from the USA if they did this anyway, only cuts out China - We as in the EU still would get hammered by the USA postal charges regardless.

Suspect as usual its still cheaper to make in China and Ship to US, rather than make in USA.

The issues with supply and demand and needed infrastructure to support a larger EU buy-in is probably the biggest part, they are making enough each time currently not to need to make that size of investment.

Although it would be nice to see an EU/USA split of container deliveries, and then distribution, thats just me.

I don't see that happening any time soon, without a major investment into an Reaper Europe or something.

What they do already works ok for them, so no real pressure to change it up a notch.

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

That was only the (hidden, so to speak) goal of Bones 2.

And they made it, and if I remember correctly, they did get the plastic injection machine, and installed it, and what-not.

But that will only allow them to produce minis, but not craft molds, which is the main objective of the kickstarters.

And anyway, they only own one machine, and their staff is limited, so they'll only be able to produce bones minis at a normal rate, not the one imposed by a kickstarter campaign where more than ten thousand people demand one hundred or more minis each (on average, gross numbers).

TL,DR: We are pretty much screwed with shipping costs here in Europe. :( And customs and taxes. :-[
Blog updated Jan 21st
ROLE 'N' ROLL

Tell the truth, do what's right, and face the consequences. -Me.

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »
The one I'm finding galling is the Goremaw. It adds $40 shipping for a $15 item! It's not even very big!
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Ajsalium

• Mad Scientist
    • Role 'n' Roll
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »
Uh? That can't be right. I have it selected, alongside other minis, and it's only 20$ total shipping for me (based in Spain).

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2015, 09:24:36 PM »
I have a suspicion this whole thing is messed up, it only adds $20 for Tiamat... Over $60 for Tiamat by itself.

Offline pulpgoblin

• Assistant
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
The one I'm finding galling is the Goremaw. It adds $40 shipping for a $15 item! It's not even very big!

Maybe its just tipping your rewards into the next price tier for shipping?

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »

It works just fine.

The estimate is based on total weight of the package, not of the weight of each model. Appertly with Goremaw you came into a new weight categorie. Probably if you remove other option you'll see quite a drop in P&P.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:33 PM »
I shall have a play. This is a combined pledge and at this rate it may well be better to have someone else do a pledge (as they're still accepting them) and split the order.