Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690908
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Rangers Roughnecks & Wreakers - UD 30/6 Terrain & buildings finished  (Read 20385 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures

15mm at BLAM? That's allowed?!  lol

I know, standards are slipping, as we have in the past allowed 1/300th Star Wars, so 15mm is a considerable improvement on that lol
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Looking good!
It will look even better when you have coloured it in.
 8) 8)

Tommy is right about those cables, they do set it all off a treat.
 :-*

:D

I'm thinking red for the general power cables, white for the comms cables and blue for the wet utilities cables........ Just thought I'd flag that.
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
I know, standards are slipping, as we have in the past allowed 1/300th Star Wars, so 15mm is a considerable improvement on that lol

And you forgot those ridiculously large gladiators that some idiots brought along a few years ago!
 ;D

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
I vote for 15 mm at BLAM
Cracking work Steve putting my 15 mm project to shame.
What rules are you thinking of?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
And you forgot those ridiculously large gladiators that some idiots brought along a few years ago!
 ;D

lol

Yep, what is the world coming too ;)

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
 :D

Rules will be a rewrite of my Stand Up Fight or a Bug Hunt? that were used for the Aliens games I took to BLAM a few years back.

This project will become what I wanted SUFOABH to be though more akin to John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars than Ridley Scott's Aliens.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
That settlement keeps getting better and better. Who are you using for your 15mm figs.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: 15mm Rangers Roughnecks & Wreakers - Terrain WIP & Mini Comparison
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2015, 08:11:32 PM »
Thanks  :D

With the mini selections now made, here's a comparison (but ignore relative size of hands and heads as no flesh will be showing: gloves, masks and helmets/hoods for all)

L to R:

Critical Mass Games, ARC Fleet Recon
Brigade Models, Armed Tank Crew in Helmets
Real Partha Europe, Sinners
Ground Zero Games, Light Duty Vaccine-Suits

NB: the BM and GZG minis have a 0.25mm plasticard insert beneath the base, for height equivalence

L to R:

Rangers X 20
Roughnecks X 30
Wreakers X 40
VIPs/Scientists/etc

To add a bit more to the above  here's some more background from my website:

Rangers Roughnecks & Wreakers is a 15mm Sci-Fi wargaming project that deals with conflict on an arid mining planet.

The home-world of Earth has been so ravaged of mineral and other resources that mining teams - the Roughnecks - have been estabished on other planets, where they conduct themselves with little regard for anything and respect only that which is tougher.

Some Roughnecks, having become unhinged by the extreme risks and isolation of their work, find solace in a dangerous mix of drugs and cultism that both fuels and releases a lust to destroy what they were part of. These so-called Wreakers are a threat to everyone and everything.

The Rangers are an interplanetary patrol that is tasked with keeping the order necessary for productivity. They are structured similar to mobile infantry.

The game plays out on a hot, dusty, rocky planet that has little vegetation. The Roughnecks are housed in small communities that service the nearby mines while the Rangers conduct their patrols in small, mobile and lightly-armed dropships.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm Rangers Roughnecks & Wreakers - Terrain WIP & Mini Comparison
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
Thanks  :D

To add a bit more to the above  here's some more background from my website:

May I make a constructive suggestion you may feel free to take or leave at your discretion. I gave some vaguely similar terrain/buildings. Vaguely. But he environment is similar. Had you considered piling up some sand banks in the general direction the notional prevailing wind comes from? Just some drifts against the buildings etc based on the wind coming from a particular direction. Not burying, just what you might see against wooden  groynes at the beach. And against roof fittings too. Hope you don't mind the suggestion. Worked a treat on my buildings, I thought.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Thanks for the suggestion CR  :). I shall give it some thought (though, it has to be said, this evening I painted the base coat and mid coat).

Edit: I did previously consider dust storms in the style of the kirk Russell movie (Soldier?) but decided to keep the weather a bit more benign (though that's not to say there wouldn't be wind as you suggest). Cheers
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:12:19 PM by Silent Invader »

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
WOW! I can't wait to see some paint on that outpost! I love how everything is "plugged in".

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Awesome work mate  8) 8) 8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
Thanks for the suggestion CR  :). I shall give it some thought (though, it has to be said, this evening I painted the base coat and mid coat).

Edit: I did previously consider dust storms in the style of the kirk Russell movie (Soldier?) but decided to keep the weather a bit more benign (though that's not to say there wouldn't be wind as you suggest). Cheers

Stick with your vision, it's a great project!

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: 15mm Rangers Roughnecks & Wreakers - UD 24/6 Groundwork painted
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »
Thanks folks  :D

Groundwork is now painted (and since the photo I've added about 15 tufts to each tile)

Next up is the painting of the settlement

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
Re: 15mm Rangers Roughnecks & Wreakers - UD 24/6 Groundwork painted
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »
I'm liking that a lot, I need to get my finger out and make some hills for my project.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com