Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:42:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689345
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Warlord french chasseurs a cheval  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Warlord french chasseurs a cheval
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:00:11 PM »
Last thursday I was impressed to find the new chasseurs a cheval boxed set from Warlord in the local store already. Naturally I couldn't resist, even though I'm still a long way away from painting cavalry for my napoleonic french, let alone chasseurs a cheval.

So here's my first impression:

In the box you get six sprues of two chasseurs each plus the following metals: an officer, a chasseurs sans head, three arms (sword, trumpet and standard) plus a metal horse.

A sprue consists of two horses in two parts, two riders of full body with left arm, two sword arms and four heads - two normal shakos, one covered shako and one furr hat with feather.

So you get not the advertised twelve but thirteen men. As usual with warlord the figures are easy to build. The cast is crisp, though a little less detailed than eg with Perrys. And you get less choices for arms, heads and other variants.

The horses are a tad smaller than the Perry Dragoon horses, which I like for chasseurs. The downside is that Perry horses will probably not fit. Otherwise you could easily get 14 men out of the box with an additional horse. The Perry hussar horses are about the same size though, just not sure if you can get them seperately.

Unfortunately I don't have any Perry metal chasseurs for comparison, so I can't say how well they would mix.

All in all a good set in typicap Warlord quality: solid and easy to build models, with a little less detail, bits and variants than Perry or Victrix. Thumbs up from me, though I will probably mix with Perry metals (that's unless the brothers do a plastic boxed set, too).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:13:45 PM by Warboss Nick »

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Warlord french chasseurs a cheval
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 08:07:20 PM »
I got mine too, very nice.  The trumpeter in the box is not the one in single-breasted Bardin kit on front of the box, but the slightly older reversed colours tunic from pre-1812.  For the first time, in a box of plastics that I have bought, there are no uniform colour charts or flags........ :'(
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 08:14:46 PM »
Right, not even bases, forgot to mention.

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »
Yes, the horses have a very small plastic circle on the hooves, as for bases, true they are missing, but I use Warbase MDF ones anyway.