Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:39:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 782
Total: 789

Recent

Author Topic: Expeditionary Force 54mm Plastic WWII Germans & Americans  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
Just got my hands on some samples of this new range.

OUTSTANDING!  was my response on opening the package.

They really have found a way to produce figures which are right up there with the very best. There is a very clever combination of crisp sculpting, superb attention to detail and realistic animation. I confess I have been drawn into Ancient wargaming simply because of their Persians, and now I shall have to return to WWII to supplement my forces just because the new figures are so good.

I particularly like the way they are providing all the heavy support weapons right from the start. I had to convert most of mine – now I will be able to replace them with these greatly superior ones. That they have reproduced the complex MG tripods for the Germans is extraordinary. And I didn’t think there could be any new way to do a German officer without being cliched with so many having been done – but they have produced a great figure.

For the Americans the inclusion of the Adrian helmets and kepis for Free French is a masterstroke – I have just done some early-war French from AIP WWI figures, and will now be able to add later-war ones too. Especially love a cigar-chomping BAR man.

Imperialists like me might like to know that in his email the owner briefly mentions a Colonial range before Christmas, but gave no details. I have asked him to share what he has planned.

I imagine he will be going down the tried and true route of British Redcoats & Zulus, or French Foreign Legion & Tuaregs. I haave suggested something a little different like Tonkin and Indo-China, or French in Central Sudan with Colonial Marine and Tirailleurs Senegalese would be 'better' but don't hold out much hope. Commercial realities no doubt mean it will be something along more traditional lines. Whatever the forces involved, going on their track record to date it will be well done and no doubt prompt me to revisit forces I thought long since completed.

Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:39:18 AM by Predatorpt »