Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:25:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690590
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 733
Total: 738

Recent

Author Topic: Presenting Baron Altair and Tep-Tep the Lizardman  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
Presenting Baron Altair and Tep-Tep the Lizardman
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
These are a pair of characters that I just painted up for the Fantastic Worlds PBEM game that's starting up in the Rattrap Productions forum. The photo would have been better if I'd had daylight. Thanks to Sinewgrab for the Eldar lasgun (which I shortened a bit).

Baron Altair continues to use his old title, despite the fact that his barony, a small moon, was swallowed by a freak black hole (an accident that Altair is largely believed to have caused). Now an apostate, he travels the galaxy driven by desires that others could not begin to guess at. He lives outside of not only the law, but of society altogether. He has a cool, disdainful personality, but this does not seem to stem from any arrogance in belonging to (or having belonged to) a ruling class.

His servant Tep-Tep is a primitive Lizardman that he picked up on a seldom-visited planet. A very agile creature, Tep-Tep serves his master mainly as a scout and a thief.

I also have their datacards written up, for those other Rattrap gamers here who might be interested.

"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Presenting Baron Altair and Tep-Tep the Lizardman
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:26:22 PM »
The figure you chose for the baron seems quite appropriate. The model looks haughty.

I can't wait to see how he plays out in the game.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 07:57:07 PM »
It's actually a conversion of one of the Bronze Age dollies/generics (this one). I used real silk for most of the clothes, fixed it up with a bit of green stuff, and gave him an Eldar laspistol and a sword from Front Rank. For some reason he looks a bit squat in my photo, though he's a good 28mm from feet to eyes. Must be the width of the base that's creating the illusion.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 08:06:13 PM »
Even better. I like when people do conversions to get the right look. You really pulled it off in my opinion.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
who makes the Lizardman?

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 09:29:18 PM »
It's an old Salamander handler from GW. A particularly inspired sculpt, in my opinion.

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 09:33:30 PM »
indeed... a lot of character....

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »
It's actually a conversion of one of the Bronze Age dollies/generics (this one). I used real silk for most of the clothes, fixed it up with a bit of green stuff, and gave him an Eldar laspistol and a sword from Front Rank. For some reason he looks a bit squat in my photo, though he's a good 28mm from feet to eyes. Must be the width of the base that's creating the illusion.

Nice conversion. I find that Bronze Age figures look better if you take them off their huge oblong integral bases and mount them on a more standard base (although it's a big job!).
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0