Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:37:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Was there ever any "fluff" for Ugezod's Death Commandos?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
Was there ever any "fluff" for Ugezod's Death Commandos?
« on: June 24, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »
The discussion of Nick Lund's sculpts in a recent threat prompted me to dig out some old Lundian orcs and hobgoblins, including some of Eeza Ugezod's Death Commandos (I all of them except the left-handed, pot-bellied orc, though several are missing weapons, Eeza included).

Now, the background for Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers is widely reproduced on the internet (and is among the best Regiment of Renown write-ups, in my view). But I seem to remember, dimly, a backstory for the various goblins, hobgoblins and orcs of the Death Commandos.

Does anyone know if there was ever a write-up of Mormo, Sileth and the rest? And if so, is it online anywhere?

Thanks!

Offline Moriarty

• Scientist
Re: Was there ever any "fluff" for Ugezod's Death Commandos?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 05:40:50 PM »
Hi Hobgoblin,

great minds think alike! I'm currently scouring t'Interwebs trying to find out whether the Death Commandos had fluff/rules. From the 171 reads of this post, but no replies, I'm beginning to think the short answer is 'no'.

If I come up with anything, I'll let you know.

Cheers,

M

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 05:43:16 PM »
They're on my list awaiting paint, but if there's any story about them I've yet to see it. I do know I decided long ago they weren't all going to be the same pale brown, as the box artwork depicts them!
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »
The original gumph and stats appeared in the 2nd Journal, as for the rest my memory is not that good these days - its a long time ago. Could have been a mail order flyer or compendium/journal piece but I would have thought a WD article is most likely
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:32:58 PM »
Thanks all. It's not in any of the journals or compendiums, as far as I can see. Svenn, I think you might well be right about the flyer/article - if it exists at all!

I actually much prefer the RR Ugezod (the pointing one with a single-bitted axe), but don't have him (or the RR champion with the two-handed sword). But the rest of the Death Commandos are pretty good.

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 06:54:04 PM »

I actually much prefer the RR Ugezod (the pointing one with a single-bitted axe), but don't have him (or the RR champion with the two-handed sword).

That Ugezod turns up every now and then for decent money (about £5-£10) either on eBay or the Oldhammer FB Trading page. The dude with the sword is a little less common, but not much. They're often just lurking under 'Citadel Orc' on eBay.

You want rare? The Champion with the 2-handed toothy club from the Harboth Orc RR. I got one (eventually) but apparently he only had a limited run and was released well after the boxed set was already out (hence he is a slotta base when the rest of the regt are pre-slotta).