Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mounted 'Cowgirls'  (Read 3104 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Mounted 'Cowgirls'
« on: October 18, 2015, 10:52:46 PM »
I thought I had asked this question around here, somewhere, but I cannot find the thread, so...

I have both the Chronoscope and Artizan versions of Sharon Stone's The Quick and the Dead character, but I would REALLY like to have mounted versions (or some usable as proxies).

I have not been able to find mounted female Old West models with appropriate attire, so if anyone knows anything about such minis, and can point me to them, I'd be much obliged!

(Come to think of it, mounted and dismounted models of Banditas would be nice, too)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Online FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: Mounted 'Cowgirls'
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 05:15:20 AM »
Sorry, can't help in your quest - but I'd love to see a bunch of mounted cowgirls in 15 mm.  Well, some anyway.  And I'd love to see the return of some mounted men driving cattle with ropes in 15 mm.  I have four from the old Frontier Miniatures range (much missed range) but I'd love to find some more.  (If you have some of those Frontier roping cowboys in 15 mm that you don't want, let's negotiate!)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »
No 15mm Old West stuff in my possession. I'm afraid.

Not that I am interested in getting some myself, but what manufacturer(s) do(es) those? Maybe if enough ppl pester ask them politely about the subject, some would get done?

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 01:28:32 PM »
There are at least two mounted cowgirls in the Black Scorpion range.  I don't think either of them are meant to be the lovely Ms. Stone, but maybe some minor conversion.

https://www.blackscorpionminiatures.com/index.php?cPath=28&osCsid=d4c92jie156rlsimcuohjjtjh7

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
I think there were a few in the old Westwind Cowboy Wars range that are now carried by Old Glory Miniatures. they come in packs of foot & mounted pairs. Women of the West 1 & 2, and Local Ladies 1 & 2. I have one or two of the Cowboy Wars packs, the sculpting looks a little dated but they're still very nice.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »
Thanks, 'Barbara Allen' might be convertable, whereas 'Miss Scarlett' is far too scantily clad for comfort.

Well, I may have to go that route if nothing else turns up...

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 02:23:00 PM »
I think there were a few in the old Westwind Cowboy Wars range that are now carried by Old Glory Miniatures. they come in packs of foot & mounted pairs. Women of the West 1 & 2, and Local Ladies 1 & 2. I have one or two of the Cowboy Wars packs, the sculpting looks a little dated but they're still very nice.

I'll head straight o'er to have a look, thanks!

Offline Cory

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 01:32:09 AM »
One other option is to cut the standing figure in half and then use it to replace the upper half of a different rider and green stuff over the gaps.

Of course proper women should be side saddle, but I don't recall ever seeing any figure but a Lady Godiva riding side saddle.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »
One other option is to cut the standing figure in half and then use it to replace the upper half of a different rider and green stuff over the gaps.

I'd rather avoid that kind of conversion - not too confident about my skill.

Of course proper women should be side saddle, but I don't recall ever seeing any figure but a Lady Godiva riding side saddle.

You mean, like these: http://hinterlandminiatures.weebly.com/store.html;)

I am pretty sure, any manly woman going all Calamity would ride like a proper cowboy, though.

Offline Skyven

• Scientist
  • Wargaming on Skye
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:37:09 PM »
Are any of the Dixon figures suitable? I think there are two or three in the wild west personalities section.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 11:20:10 PM »
Are any of the Dixon figures suitable? I think there are two or three in the wild west personalities section.

Thanks. Maybe - I'm not too sure about the quality of the Dixon faces, but I'll have another look.

Offline Stepman3

• Scientist
    • http://stepman3.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »
Look towards the Old Glory Cowboy Wars range...they have several packs of mounted and dismounted women...