Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:15:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 484
Total: 491

Recent

Author Topic: Harry does Frostgrave  (Read 55449 times)

Offline Harry

• Scientist
Re: Harry does Frostgrave
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »
Thanks fellas. I really do appreciate the feedback.

Great looking statues mate. The underground area is very cool as well, reminds me of the Mines of Moria!
That may have something to do with the fact that the pillars are from the Mines of Moria box set. :D But I was going fpr a cavenous interior ... not quite as cavenous as Moria ... but epic.

Next up ... you need some Treasure tokens for Frostgrave ... These are the ones that came with the Nickstarter.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:33:13 PM by Harry »

Offline Harry

• Scientist
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2015, 08:32:41 AM »
More from me ... A very big Bear , some wolves and some Boars:

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »
stunning set up Harry

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 12:26:06 AM »
Lovely work even the inexpensive bottle brush trees shine with some snow on them! The animals really bring it together. Though I think I'll paint my bear white (polar bear).

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 02:17:17 AM »
I've got that bear on my workbench currently; thank you for the inspiration! Your work is top notch Harry.

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 07:06:34 AM »
Love the bear...I have to do one I like the angry bear but I want him to have mood swings so he can be a bi-polar bear :D
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Harry

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 07:47:23 AM »
Thanks fellas. Really pleased you like my stuff.

@Bandit ... that actually made me laugh out loud ... my sense of humour needs work.

More from me ... a BIG Dire wolf and a group shot of all the animals so I have so far:

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 08:41:22 AM »
Lovely looking creatures...I wonder who would win in a fight between a Sabre-Tooth, Dire Wolf and Dire Bear?

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
...........A public service announcement from bandit86 bog

My comment on Bi polar bears is in no means a dig at at mental illness in the Bear community, it was just meant in jest (as is this)

.........This has been a public service announcement from bandit86bog  serving the hobby community for God knows how long. :D

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
There has been so much interest in the Gormiti Tower i just thought I would post a couple more pictures of it ....

Here it is WIP ... had to do a bit of greenstuff work on it ... but not much ... it is pretty much straight out of the box.

... and here it is done as part of my Dwarf themed scatter terrain .... before the snow.

One of these Gormiti buildings is on ebay - ends today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271935105618?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l5997&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI271935105618.N34.S1.R2.TR5

I have already bought one but thought folks might be interested

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 09:41:17 PM »
Just an FYI re: the Gormiti stone head.  Apparently it comes in 2 size I bought one and it is Much, much smaller than the one Harry has.  A bit disappointed but it can still be used

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2015, 12:22:11 AM »
So next I had a bit of a look at the table.
Now I want the games/scenarios which are set underground to have a slightly different feel to them.... a bit darker ... a bit more sinister. So I have split my table into two halves. I know I need a lot more terrain .... but this is what I am starting with.

I imagine a set up where the players can literally choose to enter the mountain and then reappear on the other side of the table having passed through one of the entrances modelled on to this piece. I will need to do a bit of work to the back of the mountain to show the interior and make all the doors and caves lead somewhere on the other side .... But that is the plan.

Here are some shots of the underdark ... with the statues ....so this would be all set for the night in the museum scenario:

I love the underground idea but one thing in this picture takes away from your underground, the statues, they are painted in the lets call it the day light shade of greys, but placing them in the underground with the more sinister coloring detracts from the over all effect. Just my thoughts.

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
Re: Harry does Frostgarve
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2015, 04:29:40 AM »
The little bits were juts a lump of white polystyrene stuck to a pre cut kidney shape of 3mm MDF sanded to shape and the painted with a mix of white paint sand and PVA ..... the sprinkled with some snow glitter for that magical touch. :D

The tree's were ebayed for China and were stupid cheap.

Would you mind going into greater detail?

What did you do with the polystyrene and the MDF (which to my understanding is the material used for the Litko wooden bases)?  Where did you get the pre-cut MDF?  How did you go about shaping the polystyrene to match?

How did you make the mix of white pain, sand, and PVA (ratios)?  Did you water it down at all?

What brand of snow glitter did you use?

What brand of trees did you ebay from China?

I've never tried snow terrain, and I usually don't like it, but your example is phenomenal, and I would like to imitate some of it without reinventing the wheel.

Offline Harry

• Scientist
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2015, 06:57:32 AM »
Lovely looking creatures...I wonder who would win in a fight between a Sabre-Tooth, Dire Wolf and Dire Bear?

Well theres only one way to sort this out .... FIIIIIGGGHHHHT!!!!

@Bandit. I am sorry you got caught out by the size thing. I had no idea they cam ein different sizes or I would have said something.

@Kidterminal I don't disgaree with you .... they were painted up in daylight colours and I was a bit disappointed myself with how they look underground. BUT they do not look quite so bad in real life. ... or maybe I am just getting used to them. It might also look a bit different with some more stuff in there so they start to look more grey again next to more colourful stuff.

@Philhelm Let me construct another post with some pictures to give you a proper answer to those questions.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:00:03 AM by Harry »

Offline Harry

• Scientist
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2015, 06:59:03 AM »
So next up Demons.

You need demons for Frostgrave. I didn't want to use GW demons ... they are so identified with specific gods. I was after something very generic.

So ....back to the Reaper Bones box I went.

The first guy is an imp, the dogs are medium demons and the winged demon is my large demon.
(currently ... I have a bigger one planned and this one will become a medium demon when I get the other guy done).