Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:04:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some flora for my Bandidos ...  (Read 13550 times)

Offline hohlinger

• Bookworm
Re: Some flora for my Bandidos ...
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »
It is a long time since I built those cacti but it is so motivating that there are still inputs to this topic  :D :D :D
Thanks so much to everybody and I am looking forward to some pics of your finished cacti.

At the moment I am working on some houses for my western town ... three Snapdragon buildings that are almost finished and a church for the mexican suburbs. The church is designed to use it also in a pirate game ... pics will soon be posted.

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
Hohlinger,

I am very tempted to get some of the Pegasus Hobbies cacti as a result of seeing your posts here.

Is there any chance you could post a photo showing the Cacti next to a 28mm figure to guage the scale please?

Also very much looking forward to seeing your Mexican buildings, having just spent the last year building my own town.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline hohlinger

• Bookworm
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2009, 07:52:27 PM »
@ Malamute

Of course I will ... tomorrow will be a perfect day to make some photos and I will post them afterwards. Did you buy Cacti #1 (No. 6507) and/or #2 (No. 6508) from Pegasus??? I mixed them to get a realistic look. I use the very small Cacti from the smaller set for basing some of my figures instead of using gras or bushes.

By the way it have been your posts with your mexican town and the posts with the single adobe buildings which made me build a church for my game ...  ;)

Offline hohlinger

• Bookworm
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »
@ Malamute:

Here are the photos for size comparison.

First picture with two Artizan figures:

Second photo with one Artizan figure on the left and a Foundry figure ("Tuco") on the right:

Third photo with Tuco on the left and a Dixon miniature on the right (they are a little bit smaller then the Artizan and Foundry guys):

Finally two Dixon figures:

In the background there are some Snapdragon houses (flat pack kit) used to show the scale of the cacti ... and as a preview on the finished buildings  ;)

The image quality is not the best (I have some problems with the camera for a while and do not know what is wrong?!) but I hope they help a little bit.

Happy painting ...

Offline nomadik

• Assistant
    • Jesse Acosta's Art Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2009, 06:50:09 PM »
hohlinger-
Wow, those are really impressive buildings you have there! Are they hand made or resin? Do you also have any other photos? I'm working on making some buildings myself, and your buildings are giving me some ideas. I really like the way you painted the windows, that's the last step on my Hardware store I'm finishing.

Offline hohlinger

• Bookworm
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2009, 07:08:16 PM »
@ nomadik:

The buildings are from Snapdragon/Moondragon (http://www.moondragons.com/index.html) and made of resin. Is your hardware store shown anywhere in the forum? I am thinking about adding some lettering on the windows but I am still searching for ideas ...

On scratch building I just added a report on my latest object ... a church for my old west town ... http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=14329.0

Offline nomadik

• Assistant
    • Jesse Acosta's Art Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »
@ nomadik:

The buildings are from Snapdragon/Moondragon (http://www.moondragons.com/index.html) and made of resin. Is your hardware store shown anywhere in the forum? I am thinking about adding some lettering on the windows but I am still searching for ideas ...

On scratch building I just added a report on my latest object ... a church for my old west town ... http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=14329.0

I just took some photos, sorry about the poor quality. I used my cellphone, and the lighting was pretty poor.  It's essentially the sample in the back of the LOTOW in the back of the book. I just need windows, and some minor touchup. I've also a saloon in the very basic stage.

Lettering on the window is a really good idea! I'll have to consider that.

Online Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2009, 08:31:22 AM »
Thanks for the photos. The cacti are bigger than I thought. So I iwll be placing an order today.
Nice paint jobs on the Snapdragon stuff too. :)

Offline hohlinger

• Bookworm
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »
@ Malamute:

Thanks. You must be careful, there are two different packs of cacti from Pegasus. On the pics you see a mix of both packs. In a earlier post I told you the exact numbers of the packs. Have fun with painting them  ;)

@ nomadik:

Nice building. I would prefer lettering with a pencil instead of printing it on a paper but I am still searching for the correct way to do this ... preferably in different colours ...  ???