Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:23:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The good, the bad and the Andy (latest: Dracula's America)  (Read 44663 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Very inspirational.
The roofrop scenes with the vegetation look stunning.
 :-*

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Quote from: Mason
Very inspirational.
The roofrop scenes with the vegetation look stunning.
 Love
Thank You.
After relaxing some days I take up the work on my Wild West Stuff again. And here are some new Pics:

finished Church Furnitures
I managed to finish the Furniture for my church. I wanted to buy Resin-Terrain for this one but after checking Prices Uncle Scrooge told me to safe some duckburg-thalers and make furniture on my own lol

The early stages of the pulpit and the idol.

The almost finished pulpit (the book shelter still glued on a seperate base for painting and some details still missing)

Blocking Rehearsal for upcoming Benches

Another Idol

Added Benches

And now the finished Furniture. I might add some Magic the Gathering Pictures in the future (as soon as I find some cheap angels in my collection :D )

The pulpit provides enough space for a single Base. So you can add any Miniature you like. Same goes for the Benches.

Post Office
I showed you some early WIP-Pics of this one earlier in this threat. But I wasn't quite pleased with another 'brown' Building so I tried something new on the Post Office. Here is my first coloured Wild West Building!
There is still some work to do on this one (I'll add some posters and the sign will be painted as soon as I know which symbol to use). But most work is done  8)Man, I had some gripes while painting the whole thing blue. But seeing the finished version my stomach is soothing  lol

It's hardly noticable but I added some transculant foil to the opened windows. Unfortunately the flash absorbs it  :?

Maybe I'll add a Stage Coach Center to my town later on. But untill this happens the citizens need to go to the Post Office for sending their letters.

Greetings  ::)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Church+Post Updated
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »
Good stuff!

I'm just about to get some parts for the inside of some of my buildings (and I hope to be able to afford some scatter terrain this time 'round, too).
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2015, 08:34:23 PM »
The finished pulpit is fantastic!  8)  8)  8) Better than a bought one!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2015, 10:52:18 PM »
Brilliant!
I love the interior of the Church, the colours chosen for the Post Office and the scenic work on the bases.
Top drawer.

The finished pulpit is fantastic!  8)  8)  8) Better than a bought one!

He is right, ya know.
 8)

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »
Thank You guys.
Quote from: Bertrand
The finished pulpit is fantastic!  Cool  Cool  Cool Better than a bought one!
And it is a lot cheaper  lol

I am Back and today I have some good news.

At the beginning of this thread I mentioned that I try to have at least a bank-setting or a mine-setting until end of this year. Maybe I'm able to finish both settings at Once  8)
I am currently building an 'El Paso' styled bank, as can be seen in the 'Man with no Name' trillogy (no pictures taken yet).
The other project I am constantly working on right now is a small Mining-Complexe.

Here are some pics first. The first two Days of this project were spend on cutting the manufactured stone foam board and adding some clay to fill up spaces (no pictures taken). I don't know which company produces those stone foam boards. A friend gave it to me mentioning that he has no need for it.

Day 3: Adding the Mine Entry. I used google to search for different pics. Looking for 'typical' Old West Mine Entries. This is what comes out:

Day 4: Build a new Dice Tower. Because you can never have enough Dice Towers hidden in your Terrain Features! With the experiences I gained building the church's Dice Tower it has been quite easy this time. (Well I really don't know if I have mentioned it earlier but the tower of the church is in fact a hidden Dice tower, you can remove the roof and the fountain to roll your dice).
When the Mine is finished you will not see the hidden Dice Tower at first hand, but I don't know exactly how it will be hidden.

Day 5: Adding a pair of rails for an upcoming mining cart.

Day 6: Adding more Details. As well as a second Railway. The first idea was to use a mining-cart preventing the dice roll to far away. Now I'm going to use the mining cart as a side-barricade, preventing the dice roll off from that side. The most important reason for this change is that the dice roll very well on the surface and I would not let them come to stop too early.

Tomorrow there will be more!

Greetings ;)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:14:03 PM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Treebeard

• Mad Scientist
  • Lazy French Painter
    • Painting Log
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Mining Complexe WIP
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2015, 09:16:43 AM »
Looking good

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 10:00:52 AM »
ooh a dice tower works wonders there!  :-*  :-* Very nice mine entrance so far.

Now, where's mine?  ;D

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 12:06:43 PM »
Looking good, sir. Very good!

As Bertie says, the perfect place for a dice tower.
 8)

A mine is something that I always intended to do for my own Old West project but that will have to wait for some time for two reasons: Firstly,  I have not got the time to do it properly at the moment and secondly, space.
Where would I store the bloody thing as it will be mahoosive when I finally get around to it...?

I shall watch the progress on your mine with some jealousy.
 ;)

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 11:06:28 PM »
Quote from: Treebeard
Looking good
Thank You.

Quote from: Constable Bertrand
Now, where's mine?  Grin
I don't know  lol

Quote from: Mason
A mine is something that I always intended to do for my own Old West project but that will have to wait for some time for two reasons: Firstly,  I have not got the time to do it properly at the moment and secondly, space.
Where would I store the bloody thing as it will be mahoosive when I finally get around to it...?
Space. A final frontier...   :D
I know exactly what you mean. I'm getting space-problems, too. That is one of the main reasons why I decided to make just a small Mine Entry instead of a whole Mine with lots of tunnels and carts and so on.

Day 7: Adding more Details. I was working on the platform leading to the top of the cliff. Additionally I added a lot of things that should hinder the dice rolling off the Scene. I try to place those 'barricades' as realistic as possible (it should not just look as if they were placed in order to hold off dice  ::))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:08:02 PM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2015, 08:51:50 PM »
I can't wait to see this mine finished. Keep it up your terrain and minis are a great inspiration.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2015, 10:16:26 PM »
What a wonderfully inspiring thread...can't wait to see the mine finished (something I've often been tempted to try but have never risked...) very cool!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline archiduque

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2015, 12:01:23 PM »
Great stuff!! :-*

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2015, 01:19:06 PM »
Space. A final frontier...   :D
I know exactly what you mean. I'm getting space-problems, too. That is one of the main reasons why I decided to make just a small Mine Entry instead of a whole Mine with lots of tunnels and carts and so on.

Maybe, but I know that I would keep wanting to add more.... ::)

Speaking of adding more....the new additions look great and entirely natural in their composition.
 8)

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2015, 08:36:39 PM »
Just noticed your open bible too how did you do that any advise on doing small print and or books would be much appreciated.