Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:44:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691084
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Article: 5 Reasons Why You Should Play Frostgrave!  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
Article: 5 Reasons Why You Should Play Frostgrave!
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:27:47 PM »
Today's article discusses 5 reasons why you (or your indecisive friends) should play Frostgrave!

If you're not sure about taking the (very inexpensive) plunge, have a read and then go buy the game!

http://www.bad-karma.net/5-reasons-why-you-should-play-frostgrave/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:59:42 PM by Calmdown »
Frostgrave blog and downloads: www.bad-barma.net (click me!)

Hey Frostgrave fans! Click to join us on Facebook!

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: Article: 5 Reasons Why You Should Play Frostgrave!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
Just gonna chip in and say that I really enjoy reading these articles. :)

Definitely getting more and more excited about trying out the game, and I think your 1. point is one of the reasons for it: I'm a big fan of systems that encourages creativity in the miniatures you use. Though I am hard at work getting my necromancer gang painted up using the "official" miniatures, I am constantly looking over my existing collection and thinking up uses for it.
Definitely going to go for a colourful elementalist warband to oppose my somewhat drab necromancer.

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:59:01 PM »
Just gonna chip in and say that I really enjoy reading these articles. :)

Definitely getting more and more excited about trying out the game, and I think your 1. point is one of the reasons for it: I'm a big fan of systems that encourages creativity in the miniatures you use. Though I am hard at work getting my necromancer gang painted up using the "official" miniatures, I am constantly looking over my existing collection and thinking up uses for it.
Definitely going to go for a colourful elementalist warband to oppose my somewhat drab necromancer.

I totally agree! Now that I've got a reason to look at models produced by companies like Reaper, Hasslefree, etc, I'm finding it difficult to do anything else. There's so many good ranges out there! Between writing articles and looking at models you can imagine how good my work productivity is looking...

Offline comet5

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »
Interesting, I just tried to access this on my work computer and I got blocked because the site contains nudity.
Alea Iacta Est

Offline tomogui

• Scientist
  • Treading softly.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 02:46:04 PM »
Calmdown, your blog posts on Frostgrave have all been super insightful and well tempered so far. I'm really enjoying reading them and while I understand and mostly agree with your criticisms of the campaign rules, I really appreciate how you've chosen to focus on testing balanced fixes and never losing sight of how awesome the game is in other respects. Keep on!

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
Interesting, I just tried to access this on my work computer and I got blocked because the site contains nudity.

It'll be the nude pictures of myself that I embedded behind the text woopsdidisaythatoutloud

Calmdown, your blog posts on Frostgrave have all been super insightful and well tempered so far. I'm really enjoying reading them and while I understand and mostly agree with your criticisms of the campaign rules, I really appreciate how you've chosen to focus on testing balanced fixes and never losing sight of how awesome the game is in other respects. Keep on!

Thank you, I appreciate it! Not all of the feedback has been so friendly, haha. Apparently being constructively critical, even whilst gushing about how much you love something, makes you a horrible powergaming elitist who is only out to crush other peoples' hopes and dreams.

Offline Awesomeshotdude

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 03:24:35 PM »
It'll be the nude pictures of myself that I embedded behind the text woopsdidisaythatoutloud

Thank you, I appreciate it! Not all of the feedback has been so friendly, haha. Apparently being constructively critical, even whilst gushing about how much you love something, makes you a horrible powergaming elitist who is only out to crush other peoples' hopes and dreams.

Are you the same Calmdown that is on the Spartan Games forums?

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 03:28:23 PM »
Are you the same Calmdown that is on the Spartan Games forums?

Was is probably more appropriate, but yes :)

Offline Harry

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »

.... don't forget who burns villages and kills babies.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 07:29:31 PM »
The link is not working for me for some reason.

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 07:52:02 PM »
The link is not working for me for some reason.

Should be working again now

http://www.bad-karma.net/5-reasons-why-you-should-play-frostgrave/

Sorry about that!

Offline MacavityandMycroft

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »
Nice read!  I'm already working on stating my non-fantasy troops, so you might get a reason 6 soon!

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »
I've enjoyed reading all your articles Calmdown. They make valid points in a reasoned way, it's a shame some others can't discuss things in the same manner. Frostgrave wasn't a game I was intending to buy or play but, thanks to you, I may give it a go.
Anyhow, keep writing, it's all good!

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 10:30:44 PM »
I've enjoyed reading all your articles Calmdown. They make valid points in a reasoned way, it's a shame some others can't discuss things in the same manner. Frostgrave wasn't a game I was intending to buy or play but, thanks to you, I may give it a go.
Anyhow, keep writing, it's all good!

Great to hear that you're thinking of picking it up, and thank you for the compliments!

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 08:38:34 PM »
Great article. I have found all your blog posts on Frostgrave very insightful and joy to read. Well done!