Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Difference/impact of armour equipment?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Difference/impact of armour equipment?
« on: July 26, 2015, 11:16:30 AM »
Can't seem to find anything in the rulebook that tells me the difference or impact of the various armour sets such as leather armour and mail armour?
Looking at the soldier chart I could guess that the basic armour of a model is 10, and you get +1 for leather armour, +2 for mail armour and +1 for a shield?
It also seems like the leather armour impacts your speed with -1 and mail armour impacts your speed with -2. Shields does not seem to impact your speed though.

I wish the armour types would have been quickly explained like the weapons in the "weapon descriptions" so you could tweak your guys/ add new stuff to their profiles yourself but also follow the stat calculations provided by the author.

Offline JamWarrior

• Librarian
Re: Difference/impact of armour equipment?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »
Can't seem to find anything in the rulebook that tells me the difference or impact of the various armour sets such as leather armour and mail armour?
Looking at the soldier chart I could guess that the basic armour of a model is 10, and you get +1 for leather armour, +2 for mail armour and +1 for a shield?
It also seems like the leather armour impacts your speed with -1 and mail armour impacts your speed with -2. Shields does not seem to impact your speed though.

I wish the armour types would have been quickly explained like the weapons in the "weapon descriptions" so you could tweak your guys/ add new stuff to their profiles yourself but also follow the stat calculations provided by the author.

This was deliberate choice for simplicity as you can't change the equipment on your soldiers and wizards can't wear armour.

That said, if you want to introduce such house rules yourself you seem to have them deduced correctly.

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:30:49 AM »
What JamWarrior said, other than I'm not sure on LEather Armour giving -1MA - in some cases it seems to (Archer to Thief) and in others it doesn't (Infantryman to Thug, Tracker to Thief), with more seemingly unaffected than affected. Mail seems spot on.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline Calmdown

• Librarian
  • Wordy
    • Bad Karma
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
There's no move penalty for leather armour. Just some guys have +1 move.

Once you realise that, everything is easy to figure out as you've done already. The basic stat lines do vary though between different guys, and remember that the weapons are already included in their displayed statlines.

Frostgrave blog and downloads: www.bad-barma.net (click me!)

Hey Frostgrave fans! Click to join us on Facebook!

Offline joe5mc

• Mastermind
    • The Renaissance Troll
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 02:51:53 PM »
The guys are right. There is no penalty for leather armour to Move. A few guys are just quicker than others.