Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690841
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Robots for a paradroid-idea  (Read 1948 times)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Looking for Robots for a paradroid-idea
« on: January 13, 2016, 12:51:39 PM »
Hello,

since some years I try to find robots for a paradroid-like-idea. With Sally4th-Rooms it could work, but I still need some more robots in 28mm. Do you know some manufactors???

Greetings and thanks in forward for your answers.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
Re: Looking for Robots for a paradroid-idea
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
There are a few made by Bombshell Babes - look in their Counterblast game line.  Think there are a few retro-style walking and hovering robots, and an entire faction for the game - Mekkus?

Hydra miniatues do a line of retro robots.

Several of the resin bitz makers do robot extras - look at Kromlech, Micro Art, Puppets' War, Anvil Industry for interesting pieces.  I have some robot legs and tracks to convert other figures.

Actually... Anvil Industry have a nice pack of tracked gun platforms (weapon and tracks separate), UAV-style drones and a pack of humanoid robots.

Pig Iron has some big droids.

The old WotC Star Wars prepaints line has a TON of droids of all shapes and sizes, easily repainted.

Guitar strings are nice and cheap for your own conversion - hit the bits box!

Black Cat Bases made some, but they're long gone - put a Wanted request in the Bazar?

Have a poke round Reaper's site - they seem to have a bit of everything.  Maybe the Chronoscope line first?

eM-4 has some cheap mecha-style robots that are human-ish sized for 28mm

Some of the smaller Martian walkers from the All Quiet on the Martian Front line?

GW stuff for Necrons is too distinctive, but their Adeptus Mechanicus line has a couple of tracked servitors and the robotic-looking Sicarian Infiltrators, not to mention a ton of gribbly bits.  A lot of their hand weapons are VERY fragile though.  And expensive :)

There are several Tau drone variants, and a kitbash would be a lot of fun.

Ainsty have several in their Spy Fi line.

Warlord Games - their Judge Dredd line?

DALEKS!  How could I forget Daleks?  The Black Tree Design studio Dr Who range will have a ton of other robots as well - mechanoids,
White Robots.

LOVED Paradroid!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:37:18 PM by Momotaro »

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 04:42:27 PM »
Google doesn't seem to be working for me, it's only bringing up pictures of what look like some sort of digital maze! Do you have any pictures of the kind of robots you're looking for buddy?

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 05:35:00 PM »
Paradroid '90 was one of my favourite games back in the game (Amiga). It could even be made into a commercial boardgame, the idea behind it is seldom utilised (either engaging the enemy with weapons or trying to take over the chassis in a quick duel).

Love those graphics :)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 06:29:31 PM »
Another option would be the droids from the Yu-Jing line in Infinity: the Karakuri special project.

http://store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=5&n=50&o=3&id=171

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 08:00:12 PM »
What about these from Antenocities.....

http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/bob-drones.html

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »
Google doesn't seem to be working for me, it's only bringing up pictures of what look like some sort of digital maze! Do you have any pictures of the kind of robots you're looking for buddy?
Hi Andy,
Paradroid was a game originlly for the Commodore C64. The story was, that a spaceship cameout of control and the robots at board take over the control. There are several models with 3-Number-Codes. The higher the number is, the better the bot is. e.g.the 8XX-Models are fighting bits, the 3XX and 4XX are more working models.the 999 is the high-end model. You start with a model 001 and you rtask is the get the control back. Your model at start is weak, but you can take over the control of an higher model witha seperate fighting agsinst the inner system. But, the higher the model is, that you want to control, the harder your work is. Higher models have better control-mechanism.
So in the moment I want to find the bots, than find the "playground" and then work out the rules. It should be a small and fast game. The bots shouldn't be more '80 than modern. Looking like boxes or cubes. But in the moments I look for all kinds.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:34:29 PM »
One of the Mantic Dreadbowl teams is robotic.
Multipart robots that you mix and match.

Maybe that would be an option?

Northstar had them on special offer yesterday (page 2 of bargains?)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)