Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:20:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690839
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - Rules on Page 1  (Read 33538 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - More mechs, more mechs!
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
Updated the blog with a handful of mechs in the new card style.  Also edited the special rules for a few mechs, and found a discrepancy in the Wolverine's original card (heat was mixed between AC/5 and Med. Laser).

To anyone who has played the game, what special cards do you like/dislike?  I'm about to edit the strategy deck as some of them are useless and some are a bit too painful.  I also need to remove the art so that they can be printed.

PS: Updated the blog again last night --- all of the 3025s are in the new card format now, with LAMS up next.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:39:18 PM by Elbows »
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline midgetmanifesto

• Lurker
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Hey,

I'm trying to copy the cards so I can play around with the game. I'm running into a few challenges.

1/. The strategy cards, when trying to 'save as' don't come up with a file type. I try and look at them after the download and they read as corrupted. Anyone else have this issue? Is it me? A browser issue (firefox), something else?

2/. What is the suggested method of printing out the playing cards from their PNG file. Mutiple cards per sheet would be ideal....is there an easy way to hop this hurdle, or will I need to manual make up multicard sheets in GIMP/Photoshop?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »
Hmmm..not entirely sure.  I'll mess around with it and see if other people can download them.  Regarding printing, I can't really help you there.  I order mine printed from a company, but I can say that the tarot cards I use are standard "gaming tarot" size: 2.75"x4.75" or 70x120mm

The images I'm posting are the PNGs set to the card printing companies request, so it includes a bit of cutting space around the edges etc.  I'd imagine you could easily past four or more per standard page for printing?

PS: At a quick glance on the blog...I click on the image and click "save image as".  I'm using firefox, and I just added ".png" to the end of the file and it saved as a normal PNG image file.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »
Anyone have suggestions for 6mm vehicles?  Preferably on the cheap?  I'm looking to add a bunch of cars/trucks/buses when my roads arrive.  Also looking to do some power lines and more "junk" to add to the table.  I've got some quality stuff from various places, but I'd like to know if there is a architecture-model version of cheap 6mm cars?

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
I'm trying to copy the cards so I can play around with the game. I'm running into a few challenges.

1/. The strategy cards, when trying to 'save as' don't come up with a file type. I try and look at them after the download and they read as corrupted. Anyone else have this issue? Is it me? A browser issue (firefox), something else?

I had the same problem. Go here to download them http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Elbaus/media/Elbowtech/Strategy%20Deck/ScrambledComms_zpsperhbxwv.png.html?sort=3&o=0 . I just saved each as I cycled through the images.
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2015, 08:14:56 PM »
I'll be re-doing the strategy deck (changes and removing art) at some point too, so I'll get those up on my blog at some point.

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
Re: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - Rules on Page 1
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
Thanks for he rules link, Elbows!

I'm liking what I have read. I might do an adaptation for Macross. I have a modest collection of 1/200 Macross going back 30 years and since the Robotech KS I have a metric buttload of 1/285 models!
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2015, 09:29:27 PM »
I hear ya, this is the calm before the storm...I too have a tremendous load of Robotech minis (my real love), so this is just a kind of "keep me busy" skirmish game for Battletech until I start down that long road.  lol

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2015, 09:32:21 PM »
I have had no problem downloading all the cards and have saved them as jpg files. I made up print sheets using microsoft word. I had 4 unit cards to a page printed landscape and 8 strategy cards per sheet printed landscape. I then had them printed at the local staples on card stock and then cut them apart. You can see the result in my battle report. Still waiting for the rules update Elbow and very interested in seeing how you handle the LAM's  ;D :D

As far as vehicles go I think N scale train stuff would work in a pinch.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »
Looks like I'll have to go another route...Gamecrafter won't even print the cards with pictures of my miniatures on them...I'm about done working with them.

Offline midgetmanifesto

• Lurker
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00:31 AM »
DrivethruRPG does cards, and would allow others to order them (hint hint). It might still have issues around IP.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/pub_podcard_cost.php

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2015, 08:19:46 AM »
Anyone have suggestions for 6mm vehicles?  Preferably on the cheap?  I'm looking to add a bunch of cars/trucks/buses when my roads arrive.  Also looking to do some power lines and more "junk" to add to the table.  I've got some quality stuff from various places, but I'd like to know if there is a architecture-model version of cheap 6mm cars?

There are, however the set you see around the most, (check ebay) only include two versions of car, which look very similar. And no buses or trucks. Not sure what buyer I got them from, but you can find some here: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/121343185265?tfrom=271492721791&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal cheap enough for 100 cars and no shipping. They are however very current, not so much future.

Daemonscape have the old GZG civy vehicles, but they cost a bit more for only 7 vehicles. http://www.daemonscape.com/contents/en-uk/d4.html
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2016, 07:48:54 PM »
Well I haven't touched much of anything in the past few months regarding this...lost a lot of my interest when Gamecrafter decided they didn't want to print cards for me.  I'm being lazy about finding another source, but it put me in a foul mood and I stopped.

I cleaned up these fellas off my desk (their cards added to the blog).

Old citytech Javelins and some kitbashed Wolverines.  I contacted Hotz and turns out they'd sent me an email which ended up in my spam folder...so those highways are finally en route.  I'll dust off the rules (which I did a lot to prior to leaving this thread for a while).  I'll see what I can put together over the next week as far as an update goes.  I have a few more citytech mechs to fuss around with.

Also added these support trucks a while ago - made from gashapon Dougram trucks

Yeah, the dip went on thick and froze unfortunately and cracked a bit...but they're trucks so who cares.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »
Glad to see you have not abandoned this entirely  ;) Please do update the rules as I continue to play them and enjoy what you have done thus far. One request I have would be for you to put together a separate weapons chart making it easier to keep track of how much damage and such each one does.

As always I want to encourage you to consider how LAMs may be included into the game. Thanks so much for all your work.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2016, 08:32:35 PM »
Sounds good.  I thought I put the weapons chart on one page (though it became larger with the 3050 weapons added, maybe I'll do a base one and an addendum).  I'll break this bad boy open and see where it was when I got fed-up and went off to paint cowboys...