Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690842
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - Rules on Page 1  (Read 33541 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbowtech (Strategy deck Page 4, rules Page 5)
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 01:45:03 AM »
Well, a box showed up today...

The "Ironfoot" Dougram gashapon showed up (ie. Thunderbolts).  While they look the part 100%, they're a bit on the big side.  For now I'll stick with my kit-bashes.

Oh, and then another box showed up.  TEST CARDS! (and dice)

I spent twenty minutes in front of the computer assembling my command dice.  The strategy deck came out very well, and the mech cards look fantastic.

I've sleeved all the cards for the mechs that I have (another 100 mech cards waiting for minis...).  I went with all of the cards, just in case I end up running a game with someone who has other mechs.  The vast majority of mechs I don't have models for (but who knows...maybe in the future).

Also picked up some dice a couple weeks ago for the sides.  Who doesn't like matching dice?  The black/red dice will be used for ammo/unreliable rolls.  Everything is ready for play-test now.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Sgt. Scream

• Scientist
    • Small Scale Operations Blog, my wargaming blog
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 06:00:32 AM »
What was the price tag to get your individual dice and cards set produced?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »
It was pretty hefty because of the amount of stuff, around $44 I think. (and printing one set of stuff is always pricey vs. mass order -- I think if I ordered 100 sets it's $26 a piece)

It's around 120 mech cards (I ordered two of each for all the mech cards I designed), 72 strategy cards, 24 indented blank D6 dice (which are maybe $0.40 a pop), and something like 156 stickers (for each face, and a couple of spares).

I think with shipping, $52?  In the future I can now order piece-meal cards as needed.  For instance, I have three starter boxes, so I'll end up with three of certain mechs - I'll order a handful of mech cards as needed.  No more dice (12 per side is juuuust enough to run a company vs. company game if needed).  I may add cards to the strategy deck eventually to keep it evolving.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2015, 06:56:37 PM »
I finished up the kitbash Battlemaster (quite like this guy), and found a use for a random Ikea box set (magnetized flaps) that I picked up while trying to burn off an Ikea gift card.

Had fun with this microburst of a game design.  Already started to read over the 3050 tech.  I like projects like this which keep me busy.

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »
It has all come together nicely, great job. I am looking forward to seeing it all in person at our game in the next week or so.

-A
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:13 PM »
Does Jerry or crew have any decent 10mm/6mm terrain?  If so I won't bother bringing up my stuff, just the mechs and components.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »
How did I miss this until now?
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:46 PM »
Clan tech.  You're way behind...

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2015, 06:51:44 AM »
Man...you're a machine! This all went very fast and it's real professional in design and feel. Read some of the rules and like how you kept the theme and specific Battletech elements, but logically simplified. If you would Kickstarter this (come on Topps, check this out and give this man a job!), it would be mighty successful.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 06:53:48 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »
Hah, well I appreciate that, but this won't go anywhere beyond free stuff for other folks to play.  I did start notes on a generic Mecha game about a year or two ago, but it'd be hard to fit it all into a "not" formula - particularly losing out on the art, etc.

Picked up a few more plastic lances - only to get my hands on a few particular minis.  The project will definitely slow a bit now as I've started to amass my notes for 3050, but this'll continue for a while. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2015, 12:51:11 AM »
TheGamecrafter contacted me and informed me they won't be printing any further ElbowTech cards with the old FASA art on them.  Since they're selling "games" no copyrighted images can be printed, even for personal use.

As such I'll keep the designs up for people to print, but any further developments will be pictures of miniatures or some alternated art.  Alternatively I may just print the cards off at a local print-shop, but I really prefer the cards.

I'll be taking some photos of my mech miniatures (immediately regretting painting them fast now...) and see how they look on the card.  Unfortunately both schemes are a little on the dark side, and I don't think the Ghost Regiment mechs will show up that well.  On the plus side I could actually make a card for each actual miniature.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2015, 06:16:13 AM »
Or try Printer Studio?  Great service, good prices.
http://www.printerstudio.com/unique-ideas/custom-playing-cards.html

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2015, 07:33:28 AM »
Or try Printer Studio?  Great service, good prices.
http://www.printerstudio.com/unique-ideas/custom-playing-cards.html
I see a future where I end up using that for one game or another. Thanks!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
Yeah, I may try to find another way of doing these.  My only issue is that my cards and layouts are all spec'ed for Gamecrafter printing.  We'll see.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2015, 05:13:28 PM »
I started to write up a battle report, but I got carried away playing and forgot about it by turn three or four.

I had typed up a big bit about randomly selecting two lances for each side, setting up objectives etc.  A couple of turns in and I was just really having fun.  The game plays quick and simple.  I'd picked up some Battlefront "dust clouds" meant for tanks and had been using them to monitor "moving fast" mechs.

^A fast moving recon lance.

In the game I had the following...

-A Catapult which managed to inflict damage on his internals three times in a row while using his jump jets.
-A Dervish which managed to conduct a pop-up attack against a Centurion...running out of ammo with both launchers simultaneously while scoring four hits including two criticals
-A Panther which blew out his PPC on the first shot.
-A Centurion sent walking around after losing both of his heat sinks to critical hits (risking inflicting internal damage if he chose to overheat)
-A Spider which conducted several successful pop-up attacks against the Victor in the city
-A "Grizzled Veteran" Victor pilot who refused to activate more than three times
-Two Assassins leaping onto a building and almost killing the Centurion with a barrage of lasers, and missiles...only for one to be annihilated by a Cyclops' autocannon the next turn.

Really quite a good time, can't wait to play it against some folks.  It ran eight mechs very easily --- if I had an opponent and time I think you could easily run a company of mechs vs. a company.