Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:22:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690862
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - Rules on Page 1  (Read 33553 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbowtech (Strategy deck Page 4, rules Page 5)
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:17 PM »

Some fire support for the Regulars.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p82fw2m6w8c6mez/ElbowtechPDF11.pdf?dl=0

^Minor updates to the rules (V1.1).  I'm colour coding changes as I place them in, so if anyone has read the rules they can skip immediately to the changes.  They're quite minor, but I want to keep folks up to date.

And a scout/light lance for the Regiment.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:59:11 PM by Elbows »
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2015, 05:59:51 PM »
The Governor's Apartment

This is a battle report for my version of Battletech, called Elbowtech (a skirmish format).  It is played on a hexless table using alternate rules, while deriving stats from the original 3025 TRO's.  Weapons and mechanics should be comparable – with the goal of delivering a Battletech feel, in a different playstyle.

Forces

The two opposing forces in Elbowtech currently represent two mercenary units (intentionally factionless); the Rhodes Regulars (green w/ yellow markings), and the Ghost Regiment (grey camouflage).  For this game I've decided to field two lances for each force.  Mechs will be drawn at random using mech cards.  I will only redraw if there is a serious lop-sided result (ie. Eight assault mechs vs. eight lights).
   For this game, no campaign tables are being used, nor are any of the variable skill rolls etc.  All pilots are standard mechwarriors.

Rhodes' Regulars
   I drew the following mechs: Assassin, Clint, Archer, Cyclops, Spider, Blackjack, Battlemaster, and a Quickdraw.  This was an odd force...heavy and light mixed.  Since lance formations don't hold much meaning in Elbowtech I'd deploy them on the table in the following:

Command Lance
Cyclops (Commander)
Archer
Battlemaster
Quickdraw

Battle Lance
Clint
Assassin
Spider
Blackjack

The only benefit drawn from the mechs was the +1 command dice from fielding the Cyclops.

Ghost Regiment
   I drew the following mechs for the Ghost Regiment: Jenner, Victor, Cicada, Battlemaster, Catapult, Grasshopper, Commando, Spider.  Oddly a nearly matching force (heavy balanced with lighter mechs).

Command Lance
Grasshopper (Commander)
Victor
Battlemaster
Catapult

Scout Lance
Jenner
Commando
Cicada
Spider

The Ghost Regiment had fewer special rules applied to their mechs, no command bonuses etc.  Notably, neither side had mechs which could protect them from Aerospace cards being played.

Objectives

I decided on two simple objectives.  The Rhodes' Regulars would win the game by moving at least three Battlemechs to within 6” of the Governor's Apartment (tall red building near the Ghost Regiment's deployment zone).  The Ghost Regiment could end the game by eliminating five of eight Battlemechs in the Regulars' force.  If both were achieved simultaneously the game would be a draw.
   I drew three strategy cards for each side to begin: I drew a couple of infantry cards for the Ghosts, and a mixed set of cards for the Regulars.  These'll be explained when they're played.

The Game

Deciding that the Ghost Regiment was the defending force on the planet (protecting the Governor's Apartment) I allowed them to begin the game.  The Ghost Regiment was rolling a standard eight command dice (one dice for each mech in play).

The first couple of turns both forces accelerated, with both scouting lances headed toward each other (and the cover of the rock formations), while the Regular's Command Lance moved through the city.  I was confident the mechs were strong enough to ward off any infantry attacks while in the area.  The Ghost's Command Lance was moving to the right, looking for a place to put up a stiff defense.

The mechwarrior in the Ghost Regiment's lead Cicada called out over the radio that his heat sinks were on the fritz (the mech's special rule had bit the mechwarrior – the Cicada's unreliable Heat Sinks had been reduced to one).  The radio was cut short as auto-cannon rounds from the Blackjack smacked into the Cicada and it toppled over, the force of the impact shutting the mech down.

As the Cicada toppled the light mechs behind began to scour the rock formation, preparing to defend against the incoming Regulars.  In the city, the Ghost Regiment infantry leaped into action against the Archer (the Battlemaster was armed with Machine Guns so I didn't want to risk him blocking my infantry cards!).  I played two infantry cards allowing me a combined six(!) SRM-4 attacks against the Archer's rear armor.
   The combination of battle armour and jump troops inflicted eight points of damage (four to armour, and four to internal).  This was an excellent result and the Archer's mechwarrior suddenly felt the need to get out of the urban area.

On the other flank, the light mechs from the Regulars slammed into the scout mechs from the Regiment.  The Assassin leaped onto a rock formation, loosing his LRMs, laser, and SRMs into the Commando which was rushing to the aid of the toppled Cicada.  Two critical hits blew out both servomotors in the Commando and it ground to a halt, immobilized.
   Next to the Assassin a Clint landed – firing his lasers and auto-cannon at the opposing Spider, striking only a minor hit.  The Regiment now had one toppled mech offline, one immobilized and far too little firepower to match the incoming medium mechs from the Regulars.

The Regiment struck back.  Moving very slowly the Regiment's command lance wasn't making much progress (failing to activate too much).  However the Catapult turned and sent a wave of LRMs skyward.  Across the board the Clint never saw it coming.  Armor flew off, scattering around the rocks.  The pilot was mortally wounded (losing his pilot skill).  It remained standing, just.  Next to it the Assassin was nearly annihilated when the Regiment's Commando, Jenner, and Spider concentrated all of their fire on the mech.  Even though the Commando was immobilized his SRMs were still a serious threat.  As the scout lance engaged, the Cicada's mechwarrior fired up his Cicada, preparing to try to stand from prone.
   Behind this flank the lumbering Battlemaster was approaching the fight, slowly.  Even a lone Battlemaster was possibly a match for the Regular's scout lance.

The Regulars fell back, disorganized.  The Assassin fired his weapons into the downed Cicada, peeling off chunks of armour.  The prone mech made an easy target.  From the buildings the Regular's Battlemaster emerged, firing his opening PPC shot into Ghost Victor across the board.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »
The Victor answered, in full.  Auto-cannon and laser fire slammed into the Battlemaster as the two Assault mechs stomped toward eachother.  Amongst the rocks the Regiment withdrew as well – both opposing lances licking their wounds, waiting for reinforcements or strategy options.  Both sides had taken significant damage.
   The Grasshopper fired a lone large laser, scoring a hit on the inbound Quickdraw.  The big boys were about to get into a heck of a gunfight.

When the Regulars turn came around, I opted to play a strategy card allowing me to select a new force commander, and I chose the Archer.  By doing so, I was able to discard my strategy hand and draw three new cards.  I drew a sandstorm which came into play.  This limited all movement to 6” and visual line of sight to 18”.  In addition, no Aerospace cards could be played while the sandstorm was in effect.  This would end randomly.  I drew two other useful cards.
   As the sandstorm rolled in the Regular's Assassin zero'ed in on the prone Cicada.  Just as the mechwarrior began to power up his machine, the Assassin's firepower lit into it - the radio cut short as the mech exploded.  The pilot was ejected into the sandstorm.  The Regulars had drawn first blood.
   Across the board the Regulars made use of the sandstorm, moving toward the Governor's Apartment, using the storm as a shield.

The Regiment used the storm as well, advancing steadily toward the incoming green mechs.  Just as soon as it had started the storm disappeared.  The Regulars opened fire, missile and laser fire from the Quickdraw obliterated the pack of medium lasers on the Grasshopper and sent it reeling.  The Regulars' mechs had begun charging full speed for the Governor's Apartment.  With the storm passing so quickly the charge left them in the open.
   The Victor marched forward, punishing the advancing Archer with auto-cannon and laser fire.  The Battlemaster nearby opened fire on the approaching Spider, his medium lasers only finding the mark once as the light mech sprinted across the field.  The Regiment's Jenner also tried to engage the Spider, scoring only a single hit.  The speed of the light Spider was the only thing keeping it alive under an onslaught of laserfire.
   When the Regular's turn arrived I chose to use a flanking strategy card (allowing me to skip command dice and simply activate mechs on one half of the table --- I selected the left flank, allowing me to move both heavies and assault mechs).  I also used a strategy card to call in an LRM-20 attack on a mech of my choice.
   The Regulars' Battlemaster started running toward a treeline between him and the Governor's Apartment.  Next to him, the Archer squared off with the Victor, unleashing a wave of LRMs, and calling in the LRM battery from off-board.  The Victor stopped in its tracks, under a blinding barrage of hits (removing almost 2/3s of its armor in a single turn).  Nearby the Grasshopper didn't fare any better, falling under the auto-cannons, missiles, and laser fire from both the Cyclops and Quickdraw coming down the left flank.
   In a single turn the Regulars had stripped two of the Regiment's heaviest mechs down to mere shells.

In response the Victor slowed his pace and triggered every weapon system in his mech.  Auto-cannon, missiles and lasers shredded the Archer, scoring no less than four critical hits.  The Archer's armor fell off by the plates, its legs jammed up and ceased working, and one of its LRM ammunition bins exploded, ripping apart the inside of the mech.  It was still standing, but only just.
   The Grasshopper fired a large laser into the Archer as the Catapult unloaded his own LRMs into the machine.  It shuddered to a stop and toppled over, ablaze.

The Regiments' other mechs continued to blast away at the speeding Spider, scoring only one more hit.  The Regulars advanced, all mechs engaging.  The Battlemaster broke through the treeline and engaged his opposite number, a fresh Battlemaster from the Regiment.  The Spider and Blackjack were attempting to push through the tree line -hoping to sneak into range of apartments.  The Cyclops and Quickdraw were keeping the Regiment mechs busy with harassing fire, doing damage to the Grasshopper and the Victor (both of whom were on their last legs).
   Trying to cover the Spider's advance, the heavily damaged Assassin stepped out, trying to intercept the Jenner and Spider (Regiment mechs which were pursuing the Spider).

The tide turned against the Regulars in an instant.  The Jenner killed the Assassin outright with laser fire before chasing the Battlemaster (hoping to attack it from behind).  The Regiment's Battlemaster overheated (inflicting internal damage on himself) unleashing all of his weapons into his opposing Battlemaster.  He scored numerous hits and destroyed the mech's SRM6 pack.  Nearby the Catapult unloaded missiles and lasers into the woods where the Spider had been running.  A single laser landed home, killing the Spider.
   Near the Spider's burning hulk, the Regiment's Victor decided to storm through the trees (Assault mechs can destroy wooded obstacles) and opened fire at point blank on the Blackjack, who had, until recently, avoided conflict.  The Blackjack's auto-cannon ammo cooked off, doing even more damage.
   The Regiment had destroyed two mechs, damaged two others and reduced the Regulars' command dice by two.

At this point, the Regulars faltered.  They were down three command dice, all of their mechs were heavily damaged.  They tried one last turn to move and engage.  They inflicted some damage but the next turn the Regiment sent the Battlemaster to the turf, ablaze.  They inflicted severe damage on the remaining Clint, and it became clear there was no way the Regulars would be able to get three of their remaining four mechs to the apartment building.  They withdrew from the fight.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2015, 05:30:53 PM »
Hey Elbows love your take on Battletech. Stll hoping you produce cards for the LAM units. I hate to tell you I found a mistake in the Mech cards. :? :?

The OSTSOL card should be spelled OSTOSOL and the mech you have pictured there is actually the OSTSCOUT - I checked that Card and on it you have used the image for the OSTOSOL.  :-[ :-[ Sorry!

I was making cards to match my collection purchased and painted back in the mid 80's  :o :o That is how I discovered the error.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2015, 11:29:34 PM »
Hmm, you sure?  Remember, in the old 3025 book, they have the pages wrong (they swapped the art page for the Ostsol and Ostscout --- the data on the images is correct though)

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Ostsol

www.sarna.net/wiki/Ostscout

The fluff mentions the Ostscout's weird arms.  They're sensors and they mention the Ostscout running around with his arms twitching like antennae.  Also, every place I've seen the Ostsol it's spelled like that.

Ost-scout
Ost-sol
Ost-roc

I think there is a later Ost-war even.

Here is a thread where a player is showing off his Ostscout model.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=48564.0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:31:08 PM by Elbows »

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2015, 02:46:19 AM »
 :o Well that just goes to show ya what happens when you go right back to the original source book without checking for any errata o_o The mechs are pictured as I told you and the spelling OSTOSOL is how it is listed in the table of contents (Obviously a typo) So what I have in my collection is the OSTSCOUT. I have several Battlebot figs in the collection as well (The precursor of battletech) which have no real equivalent that I am aware of.

Who says an old dog cannot learn a new trick or two? Thanks for pointing out my error.  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2015, 03:14:18 AM »
No worries, I spent an hour on evening verifying everything before I put the Ost cards on...because I remembered the weirdness.  lol

Yep, in the table of contents in my book it says "Ostosol".  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2015, 01:28:17 AM »
So, we had a play-test over the weekend.  Unfortunately it didn't work out too well.  I figured random mechs would be a good idea, and one side drew 4/8 assault mechs and was stuck immobile for too much of the game.  We also determined a number of other flaws which will be addressed.

Chief amongst these is my desire to create legally printable cards, so I'm considering a re-work.  This would add a fourth weapon bracket - looking forward to 3050 the mechs have TONS of weapons by comparison and I'll need more weapon sets for many of them.  I'll be using pictures of miniatures instead of copy-righted art.  Also these would be a bit more printer friendly.  I can't use my mechs on the black/blue background because they're simply too dark.

The printer already darkens the cards a bit.  So I threw this together real fast to see what I thought about it.  I'll scale and align everything, but the idea is to add the 4th weapon slot, mech picture in the middle, armour and internals down each side (will also be adding steps in the internal which will trigger critical rolls).  This will also give me a larger "special" area on the bottom of the card - since we're getting into TAG, MASC, CASE, C3, etc. for mechs...so that stuff will have to be listed somewhere.

The convenience of this way, is that it will make it 10x easier for new players to pick out the mechs if I go with my painted figures (and I can print out a mech card for each individual mech).

I don't think the cards will be as aesthetically pleasing, but they'll accomplish the same thing.  I'm also planning on revamping the weapons a bit (figured out a calculated method for converting from BTech straight to Elbowtech to appease some of the more hardcore Battletech fellas).

The biggest issue here...is whether or not I want to continue on with the project.  I think I do, but if all else fails I'll have some cool mechs to play something sometime.  lol  The decision is also going to determine whether or not I start gathering genuine 6mm terrain or not.

____

Also, for anyone following the project...I'm considering changing the to-hit numbers up by one.  I don't know if anyone missed a shot in play-test.  Fighting mostly heavies and assaults, I was beginning to wonder if 3,4,5,6 would be better than 2,3,4,5.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:31:29 AM by Elbows »

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2015, 02:38:14 AM »
I like the lighter colored cards as it saves on ink. I like the layout of the original cards better then this test copy. I loved the line drawings because they were so classic BattleTech but the pictures of your painted mechs are good. Maybe you could produce a card that allowed us to insert pictures of our own mechs  ;D Just a thought. I thought the idea of random mechs was a problem as well. You could use the standard lance sets Ral had produced in box sets

Recon Lance

Stinger x 1
Locust x 2
Phoenix Hawk x 1

Light Lance

Stinger x 1
Wasp x 1
Phoenix Hawk x 1
Griffin x 1

Medium Lance

Stinger x 1
Wolverine x 1
Shadow Hawk x 1
Crusader x 1

Fire Lance

Phoenix Hawk x 1
Archer x 2
Rifleman x 1

Heavy Lance

Griffin x 1
Rifleman x 1
Crusader x 1
Thunderbolt x 1

Assault Lance

Warhammer x 2
Marauder x 1
Battlemaster x 1

Regimental Command

Ostscout x 1
Zeus x 1
Cyclops x 1
Atlas x 1
Pursuit Lance

Commando x 1
Jenner x 1
Hermes II x 1
Vulcan x 1

I hope there are not to many changes with the cards considering I just spent $20 to make a set reflecting my collection. I am planning on doing a test game next week (I'll be out of town this week) and will post a battle report. Keep up the good work Elbows

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:44 AM »
I will likely produce all of the mechs sans mech images until I build them, so the cards would all be available blank as well.  I'm likely going to do one big weapon shift and that's probably it.  As you said, the lighter cards would save on ink.

If people are printing the cards, feel free to use the old ones.  I'm just looking for something where I can actually print them on the tarot cards that I want.

Regarding mech selection, we were considering numerous options.

1) Simple, people pick the mechs they want.  Done.
2) Equally simple, agree to a tonnage per lance...pick mechs that you want.  Done.
3) We considered shuffling the cards up, but laying them out by class.  Meaning you could pick a "Light" mech, but you wouldn't know exactly which one you'd get.  So, random but you'd be aware of the class.  The game really highlighted how important a varied formation was.  I think I like this option best so far.
4) No reason someone couldn't use historically accurate lances - or any of the excellent software/tables the Battletech community has put together to determine lances.

I am also considering (for campaign style play) creating a short list of lance types, whereby a player can announce "I'm building a recon lance".  Engagements and scenarios (random table) would allow for certain types of lances etc.  But this is all far-in-the-future kind of stuff if the project continues.

Likewise the weapon ranges are fine, I've just done some maths and figured that I could use the "Long" range maximum, double it and use that as inches for range.  The current ranges are just arbitrary "this feels right" stuff I made up while putting the weapon list together.  I'm also still battling over whether to use the ridiculous auto-cannon ranges from original Battletech.  Being a shooter myself, I have a hard time justifying a smaller caliber auto-cannon outranging others, or out ranging lasers traveling at the speed of light.  It was obviously a mechanic put in place to make auto-cannons useful, namely the small crappy ones.

If you've printed cards, don't fret...not going to impact you really.  The only reason I'm considering major changes is that 3050 brings a heapload of weapons (clanner and spheroid) with a heap of special rules.  It would be easier for me to simply convert directly from the source game. 

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2015, 04:11:45 AM »
Great  :D I do not plan on going to much past the original book. Its what I bought, painted and played for years now so I don't plan on adding to much to my long standing collection. I still play the Wiz Kids stuff if I want newer. I always preferred the original stuff to be honest.

Have you given any thought to the LAM stuff. I have thought you could simply make a two sided card with the converted LAM on the back side with the a thrust rate and a special rule about always moving as long as its in the air. It would take an action to convert (flip the card) during which it could not fight or if it did it would do so at a penalty. Also I would greatly appreciate it if when you did the 3025 cards you would provide them in the original format for those of us who are sticklers about how things look and will print them up at home.  ;)

Thanks. I have shared this with a couple of my friends and we are all excited to use your system. Watch for a battle report next week.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:13:31 AM by warlord frod »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »
I looked into the Inner Sphere weapons last night...tried the new range conversion and (luckily for you!) the differences weren't that great, so I won't bother re-doing them.  I will do LAMs at some point.  I haven't looked into them much, didn't realize they're supposed to transform in Battletech as well.  If so, I guess I would do a two-sided card or something of that sort.  They'd also have a higher target number (6 or 7 I'd guess) as that'd be the only way they could survive.

I'll keep the original format around.  Not many more mechs to do, so I have no problem with that.  I have posted the mech cards to my blog (running out of photobucket room).

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »
Here's the modified cards I'll end up printing.

Going to be a lot of work going back and re-doing the cards...but I'm also going to just start with cards for the mechs I have. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »
Some more examples of cards have been posted on my blog - I've actually run out of Photobucket room...apparently a bunch of picture heavy threads means I'm at 96%!  I'll have to look into that...

http://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com/

^I'll probably be posting all of the cards properly here eventually. It's very time consuming adding the pictures of the mechs but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2015, 08:58:59 PM »
Well as promised I tried Elbowtech and want to say its great fun  :D So here is my battle report

Chance meeting on Algorad - battle report

Captain Reggie Black and his recon lance had spent nearly an entire rotation making a sweep of the dust bin of the VIII Prefecture. "There is a reason no one but ComStar and mercenaries like the Shadow Legion would be interested in Algorad" thought Reggie. "All the intel says ComStar is on the planet but where?" Suddenly his thoughts are interrupted by squawk on the secure comm link ... "Hey Cap" the stinger pilot Blane Ulp called out " We got a heck of a fast moving sandstorm coming in on our six and I just registered bogies on our one o'clock."

"What's it look like Blane?"

"looks to be a ComStar patrol... umm we got a Wasp, Stinger, Griffin and Phoenix Hawk ... standard Light lance Sir."

Reggie gives a shout out to the Jakes twins in their Locusts. "Christopher and Christina break for the jungle cover and get back to base. Blane and I will use the Sandstorm for cover and try to keep them busy. Don't you two stop until you reach base camp you hear?"

"Yes sir!" they responded in unison as Reggie and Blane moved to engage the ComStar patrol they were all enveloped in a bone jarring sandstorm....

The players

A mercenary Recon Lance (The shadow legion)

LCT-1V Locust  x 2 - Piloted by the Jakes twins Christopher and Christina
STG-3R Stinger - Piloted by Blane Ulp
PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk - Piloted by Capt. Reggie Black (+1 pilot)

A ComStar Light Lance

STG-3R Stinger - Piloted by Crag Walsh
WSP-1A Wasp - Piloted by Jimmy Hanakawa
GRF-1N Griffin - Piloted by Codie Roush
PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk - Piloted by Stella Bellamee (+1 Pilot)

Set Up
Rolled on a 6 planet conditions chart which means the game takes place on a heavy Grav. planet so I choose Algorab in Prefecture VIII. An arid planet with 1.24 terra gravity. This means all our Mechs will move with a -2 penalty.

The encounter takes place as the Shadow legions Recon lance is headed back to its jungle base after doing a sweep of a desert region to the south. They encounter a ComStar light lance patrolling the desert rim. The Recon lance must get at least one Mech into the jungle to warn the legion of ComStars presence. The ComStar light lance must stop them. Table size 3' x 3' - Shadow legion Recon Lance moves first

Strategy Deck deals
Recon lance is dealt - Sandstorm, Heavy Lifters and Dropship Bombardment
Light Lance is dealt - Perfect Execution, Balanced Attack and Jump troops

Turn one

Recon Lance command roll - 1,2,2,3
Moves all Mechs at a run (-2) towords the Northern edge of the board
Played Sandstorm card - all movement reduced  to Maximum of 5" and ranges restricted to 18" and no Aerospace attacks can occur.

Light Lance command roll - 1,1,3,5
Moves two lights and  the Phoenix Hawk 5"  west fanning out to try and cover the area in front of the jungle. I use the Balanced attack card to position the Griffin.

Rolled to see if sandstorm ends - rolled 5 so it continues

Objective - Reach the Jungle and warn the base camp

Objective - Don't let the mercenary scum pass

End of turn one

Turn 2

Recon Lance turns in one command die to draw - Missile Barrage
Recon Lance command roll - 1,1,5
Moved 1 Locust 5" towards southern table edge
Moved Stinger 5" to a position to fire upon ComStar stinger. Attack roll = 10 tick off one point of armor -  a critical hit roll of 16 means its comms destroyed and it cannot activate without a friendly mech within 6"

Rolled to see if sandstorm ends - rolled 2 so it continues

Light Lance command roll - 2,2,3,5
Moved the Wasp to a position to join with the stinger and fire on the Shadow legion stinger
Stinger attack roll = 8 tick off one point of armor
Wasp attack roll =4 a miss
Phoenix Hawk Jumps over Rock out crop then fires its large laser on the Shadow legions lead Locust. Attack roll = 8 tick off two points of armor. This generates 3 points of heat so the Phoenix Hawk takes one point internal damage
Played Perfect Execution to move Griffin up

Rolled to see if sandstorm ends - rolled 10 so it ends

First Shots fired Stinger on Stinger

End of turn two

Turn 3

Recon Lance command roll - 1,2,3,5
Moved the rear most locust towards the southern edge of the board at a run - 10"
Moved the stinger south at a run (7") and fire at ComStar stinger again. Attack roll = 8 tick off another point of armor
Run Phoenix Hawk up and fire large laser on Stinger, attack roll = 9 apply two points of damage then followed up with 2 medium lasers, attack rolls = 7,3 Tick off one more armor point. Generated 4 points of heat so the mech takes two points of internal damage

Call in a missile barrage (card) on ComStar Phoenix Hawk. Attack roll = 10,10,8,6. Apply 4 points of damage and make two critical hit table rolls
Roll 1 = 19 - Mech knocked prone
Roll 2 = 18 - Mech smoking target number now 3

Light Lance command roll - 4,6,6,6 UGGGG!
Moved Griffin 5" at a run to get shots off on the lead Locust
PPC attack roll = 2 missed. LRM attack roll = 3,4,6 two misses and one hit dealing one point of damage. Griffin generated 4 points of heat so it takes two points of internal damage.

Capt. Black unloads on the stinger

Missile Barrage takes down Stella Bellamee's Phoenix Hawk

Turn ends with desperate attempt by the Griffin to stop at least one of the Jenks twins

Turn 4

Recon Lance command roll - 1,1,1,6
Lead Locust runs 10" into the jungle The trailing Locust runs 10" to edge of Jungle
The Stinger runs 7' and takes a parting shot on ComStar stinger. Attack roll = 4 so it misses.

Light Lance command roll - 2,3,5,6
Stinger stands and returns fire on Recon Stinger Attack roll = 3 a miss. The Griffin (55 tons) moves to engage the Recons Phoenix Hawk (43 tons). The Griffin rolls a close combat attack roll of 8 and adds 1 for it's functional hand. This adds up to a total of 9.  The Phoenix Hawk rolls a close combat attack roll of 2 and adds 1 for it's functional hand and 1 for its pilot. This adds up to a total of 4. So the Griffin inflicts 2 points of damage 

Objective reached

A parting shot that turned out to be a waste of energy

Engaging the enemy up close and personal

Recon lance wins the game

Elbow tech is a great form of this classic game and I cannot wait to play another game. :-* :-* :-* I may do this same set up but have the ComStar side move first. If I do I will post my battle report here.