Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave  (Read 26204 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 09:15:38 PM »
Not sure why it isn't loading on your end, is it sorted now?

Seems to be a periodical problem, as 'http://thedicebaglady.net/' loads promtly atm.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline KDA

• Lurker
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Female Adventurers and Wizards for Frostgrave
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
Great stuff. Love your oldschool shop style (mixed sprues in the saga budget packs etc.)

The all female warband looks great. The cool thing is that the standard frostgrave soldier box will be enough for a full warband (minus special characters) of both sexes if you buy the female heads.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
  • "Down with this sort of thing!" (Careful now)
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 11:57:20 AM »
Cheers!

I've just ordered a tonne of new wizards from Reaper. The Believable Female Miniatures project wasn't set up with Frostgrave in mind, so now that Frostgrave has actually happened and I've made all those categories, I can do some shopping with that game in mind. The Reaper markup is pretty terrible for me because of all the import, so despite their huge catalogue, I started very small with the amount I have and am slowly building up, there's very rarely more than two of each in stock too. So far my orders have had themes, two orders were Knights, as you can see...there are loads! Another was "mounted"...then pretty much "Chronoscope" < steampunk ladies and scientists. Now I'm on a wizard order. They take a long time to process and then get over here so I have a bit of time too to add any more, so when I get a bit more time I'll have a look for other categories such as the thiefs and rangers.

I realised I have a soft spot for Sandra Garrity princess style mages with the long dresses and staffs, so there's quite a few of those coming too!

If anybody wants to add to my Reaper order, you can do that too (doesn't have to be females, can be anything from their catalogue) the downside is it will be about 4-5 weeks.

Aaaaand I have somebody working on something for my own range too :)

Annie

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 11:38:49 PM »
Not wizards, but have you seen the 1st Corps armed Hussite women?

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »
Official models now added too, so a full on One-Stop-Shop for Frostgrave.

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave/

Thanks everyone who's helped out, the little flurry of LAF folk ordering meant I could widen the Reaper range quite a bit yesterday, so some really cool ones coming.

(I haven't Argonor, but I'll check them out, cheers!)

Annie

(Individual product pages aren't added yet for the North Star models, but will be. I've spent so long this week adding and tinkering to the site, my eyes are bleeding a bit!)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:24:24 PM by Annie »

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
  • Post-Apocalyptic Librarian
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 07:20:06 PM »
There's a couple of great figures from Reaper you should add to your line.

For Thieves/treasure Hunters, one of the best figures in their whole line is Valloa:

Fully dressed in appropriate garb, fits with the specifications of the model, and those keys she's twirling is such a nice, characterful touch. The only issue is she's an elf, but it'd be easy to trim those ear points off.

For the apothecary, I can't think of a more suitable figure than Olivia, Cleric:

She's even handing out a potion!

Some other great female wizard models:

Aglanda, Herald of Razamir:

Arcanamirium Wizard:

Nonalla Ellinand, who I am using for my Apprentice in my all-elf warband:

Jolie, Female Scribe would also make a great Apprentice:

And finally there is Gossamer, Air Sorceress, who comes with her own treasure!

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
Thanks, I already have them all  bar the first and last :D Great minds...! Some are up now, other are coming. Shame I missed Valloa, the order for more went through yesterday. Lots more Reaper to come for all categories! Just got to look at my watch for a few weeks now while it drifts over the Atlantic.

I've been looking for anything Frosty related to add to increase the pure "one stop shop-ness", So I picked up these crystals. They come on bases or loose.

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-accessories-terrain/

Offline Ambush Jim

• Lurker
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 08:08:20 PM »
Just so you know advertising works, I just placed an order from you :)

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:49 PM »
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! I'm only a small one-person company and putting a lot of effort into trying to not look too spammy! I've also spent most of the last week building the Frostgrave section so want to make sure people see it!  :D

I've got really hooked into just gathering anything Frostgrave-useable together, so I'm hoping it is very useful for people!

I've just added a War Hound section to the miniatures part now, so you can get various attack dogs manufactured by Crooked Dice and Otherworld Miniatures. Handy to be able to just get the one dog or an alternative breed. I've put more basing materials too next to the crystals, so there's snow flock, winter tufts and scatter.

Cheers
Annie
http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave/

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 08:51:18 PM »
Lovely selection of pieces you are putting together. I think the "all in a theme" approach is genius, one set of orders, one payment, one set of shipping costs.....brilliant.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
These Frostgrave threads (including this one) are responsible for a noticeable dip in my checking account.

I need to do a new rummage through the 6,491,042 reaper figures we have in the garage.*

-Michael

*And in the closet, and under the bed, and in that shoebox, and in the left-hand drawers of the apothecary's chest, and that other closet...

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 06:43:55 PM »
Cheers!

The latest Reaper order has arrived, the one I did specifically with Frostgrave in mind

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-female-miniatures/

Link to all the Reaper in one place is here http://thedicebaglady.net/reaper-miniatures/

Loads more wizards, some more thiefs, crossbows, and a healer.

Hosilla is my favourite

But I'm a big fan of all the Sandra Garrity floaty mages too

I'll have another order going in soon, I'll absolutely, definitely get that elf jangling the keys!

I'm really pleased that my Frostgrave section is working,so cheers if you've used it, I'm still scurrying around to find more and more things that fit in :D

Thanks again!
Annie

Offline Fencing Frog

• Scientist
    • Fencing Frog
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 03:54:20 PM »
Any idea when your Viking shield maidens will be restocked?  I really like them and want some for a project.

Love what your doing and wish you had a counterpart here in the US of A.

Offline Annie

• Mad Scientist
    • Bad Squiddo Games
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 04:34:37 PM »
Any idea when your Viking shield maidens will be restocked?  I really like them and want some for a project.

Love what your doing and wish you had a counterpart here in the US of A.

Thanks, on the plus my shipping is only £3.95!

You can click and buy at any point to get your name in the queue, the problem is I'm having trouble keeping up with demand in resin. The masters are currently with the sculptor being fixed and prepped for metal casting, which should happen in a couple of weeks. The resin molds, once they've fulfilled orders will be stopped, so it's all going to be into metal.

And then I should....fingers crossed...! Have no more stock issues.

On the plus side, I never expected to sell this many, which is amazing.

So I've marked them as out of stock just so people are aware, but you can still buy them (which helps with funds getting them into metal too!) just put a note in the order if it's you and you're cool to wait for the metal.

Hope that makes sense! When the shieldmaidens are out, there will be 8 brand new figures as well, 2 are modern/sci fi, but the other 6 you may want too :D

Annie

Offline Fencing Frog

• Scientist
    • Fencing Frog
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 04:41:08 PM »
Great thanks!