Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Crocodile Games, Olympus... What's the deal?  (Read 3016 times)

Offline ShinRa

• Assistant
Crocodile Games, Olympus... What's the deal?
« on: July 29, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »
Hi all, I've just seen the Crocodile Games Athenians and they sure look good! Backing the Kickstarter is very tempting, but Crocodile Games confuse me- I've not seen much of them in recent years. There was a time I saw the Wargods of Ageptus miniatures at shows all the time, but since the Spartans they seem to have faded away in the UK... so I'm a bit hesitant to put down the cash.

Does anyone out there know much about them? Has anyone joined their Kickstarters?

Offline guitarheroandy

• Mad Scientist
    • Andy's Wargaming Blog
Re: Crocodile Games, Olympus... What's the deal?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:50:59 PM »
I saw those Athenians and really like them - those and the Trojans make me wish i had backed it, as they'd be great for Dragon Rampant war bands. I thought the Kickstarter closed ages ago...

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 09:21:14 PM »
I thought the Kickstarter closed ages ago...

The Kickstarter ended 2 years ago ;). Amazons, Trojans and Automatons are already shipped but Crocodile Games offers the possibility for PayPal pledging. As long as the miniatures are not fully completed (= back from the caster) you have the possibility to order them; at the moment the Athenians are almost done with the Cortinthians to be finished later this year.

https://www.crocodilegames.com/kickstarter.cfm

DJ

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 09:22:19 PM »
 They are still going but are working through getting the KS stuff released.Once all of it is released to backers they will put it up for general sale.

I got in on the KS and love the range they do.Added to my pledge once already and i am very tempted by the new sculpts shown too.Black pyramid gaming stock the range at show's and do online sales too.

http://www.blackpyramid.co.uk/

As far as i know you can still get in on the KS for pieces which have not went out yet.

Offline Vongoosewink

• Librarian
    • http://www.crocodilegames.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 02:27:46 AM »
We're currently about 2/3 the way through all of the miniatures that were funded in the Kickstarter.  Athenians are complete and we expect them to be shipping in the next few weeks (molds currently underway), and the Corinthians are now being sculpted.  Corinth is the last of the 7 core factions in the game, and once they are wrapped up we'll be publishing the printed rules and releasing the miniatures to retail sales in monthly waves. 

We're also posting PDFs for the rules for each faction as the miniatures are completed, so that folks can play start playing when they have their figs in-hand.  The next PDF is for the Amazons, and it will be going up in Friday's Kickstarter update.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions, or if they are of public interest I'm happy to answer them here.

Thanks!

--Chris FitzPatrick
Crocodile Games

Online Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:42:03 AM »
Croc Games are very much a going concern - they make some very nice miniatures. I have only played Wargods of Aegyptus and really quite enjoy the game; it has an innovative command and control system that really gives an interesting and challenging game.

I backed the Wargods of Olympus Kickstarter but elected to save a few bob on  postage so I'll get all my stuff at the end. From what is see on the KS updates and in my friends' collections it will be worth the wait. At the moment, I am giving serious consideration to adding some Corinthians to my pledge...

I should finish by saying that Chris and his team are very responsive to backer questions and are a delight to deal with.

Offline ShinRa

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:55:28 PM »
Thanks for your input folks, sounds like the Croc is good to deal with! Chris, I shall be in touch :-)

Offline SotF

• Mad Scientist
  • Shadow Of The Future
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 04:34:26 AM »
We're currently about 2/3 the way through all of the miniatures that were funded in the Kickstarter.  Athenians are complete and we expect them to be shipping in the next few weeks (molds currently underway), and the Corinthians are now being sculpted.  Corinth is the last of the 7 core factions in the game, and once they are wrapped up we'll be publishing the printed rules and releasing the miniatures to retail sales in monthly waves. 

We're also posting PDFs for the rules for each faction as the miniatures are completed, so that folks can play start playing when they have their figs in-hand.  The next PDF is for the Amazons, and it will be going up in Friday's Kickstarter update.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions, or if they are of public interest I'm happy to answer them here.

Thanks!

--Chris FitzPatrick
Crocodile Games

Just curious, but when are the Amazons being released in the store, and as a side note, what of the other demigods/gods.

On top of that, are the sculpted Amazon shields going to be available in the store separately?