Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:09:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)  (Read 60080 times)

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Librarian
Re: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2015, 09:33:40 PM »
Gosh. I thought the mushroom house was good, but that Hlaalu house looks perfect. Where's Caius Cosades?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2015, 10:04:27 PM »
Ooh, on the subject of that fellow, if you ever happened to wonder what happened to him after the game:

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/caius-cosades-visit-uriel-viis-tomb

And... What happened to Vivec after the fall of the Tribunal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HMTlozPtQr9uKSp6nyRu8z7JsF7ECkTEFEYckvdvUjI/edit

* What? That was a totally on topic response. :)

Though aye, expect Dunmer graffiti on these things and them to generally look quite dingy. Wonder where I can find little loose potions in 28mm actually...

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2015, 01:51:27 AM »
Its feck off o'clock. Here have a picture. :)

Wonder what to use her as? Infantryman? Barbarian? Not a Templar, I'd use Indoril Ordinators for those. ;)

Bit o' tartan for tartan's sake.She's a Reaper Miniature's Female Barbarian ...just with more clothes on. For reference there's a link to the original below. What little armour she was wearing looked a bit like the Skyrim Iron armour, so I picked her up. :)

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/barbarian%20female/price/03700

I suppose that she's a Nord mercenary who crossed into Morrowind to make her fortune. Morrowind's a fractured country, so either as a treasure hunter in the ruins, a bodyguard, or a hireling to the remaining Great Houses, she's bound to find some money somewhere.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »
And in a much dingier state than you may have expected, here's the first Hlaalu ruin.

As per my Fallout stuff I decided to stick on a bit (hah) of graffiti to make it a bit more interesting to look at/ enhance the down and out look. It reads:

Front side: Thieves guild shadowmarks - "empty" - "Hlaalu", the remains of a house number above the door
Right Side: Hlaalu symbol with "traitors" beneath, "N'wah", Crossed Imperial Dragon with "Imperials Out"
Rear: Calling some guy a drunkard, "Fallen Gods" and House Dagoth sigil with "the dreamer is awake"
Left side: The meteor Baar Dur (intentionally mispelled) hanging above Vivec city

So there's my intact Hlaalu building. I may try my hand at a ruined one now ...which I may get away with making just out of the off cuts of that cork board that's left over from the first. :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »
Another shot of the interior. :)

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2015, 12:47:50 AM »
Excellent thread - love your conversions. I enjoyed playing the game quite a bit too.
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »
A splendid ruined house. Did you make that brazier hanging on the outside wall or is it a bit from somewhere else?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2015, 06:21:43 PM »
The Brazier's from the Mantic's Mars Attacks ruins set. You only get two of them per box though, so I wouldn't advise picking one of those up just for them.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2015, 08:46:25 PM »
That ruin looks great! Now paint the mushroom house already  ;)

Offline Cymril

• Librarian
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:34 PM »
I never played Elder Scrolls, but I find your work great and the Telvanni are a treasure trove of inspiration for painting scheme for wizards. Thank you!

Offline Noctuary

• Librarian
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2015, 09:27:06 PM »
I see where you've been hiding Wyrmalla! N'wah!
In all seriousness after spending most of my high school life glued to morrowind I'll just say you've nailed everything you've put up so far IMO. The telvanni building looks right out of tel Mora. And your Hlaalu house building is on point. Looks like you ripped it right out of Balmora as well. Im eager to see some imperial buildings too.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
I need to post something, but sorry I've not been massively productive this week. So here, have a bamboo cart which I threw together in five minutes (missing a bit of greenstuff rope). :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Yes um... I'm still procrastinating over the mushroom house, though the second Hlaalu ruin's ready to paint (and probably will be before the mushroom, uh, sorry). I'd be aiming to make mostly Morrowind themed stuff, though once I have enough for a Hlaalu township I could always include an Imperial building in there to represent their influence (especially on the Hlaalu).

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2015, 07:54:05 PM »
And now painted stuff. :)

Remember this guy? He was a green way back on the first page of this thread, but as he'll count as an Infantryman in games of Frostgrave, a not great class, he's not really been a priority to have painted unfortunately.

Heh, and a cheap and cheerful paintjob on the cart. I may pick up some of those 4Grounds MDF carts to go along with this one, though if I can find loose cart wheels I could just make more of these.

I'm painting the second Hlaalu ruin at the moment, we'll just have to see if the amount of brown paint which I have left will hold out (...I should take a picture of my paint collection some time. Its like a ratio of four to one in favour of brown paint). As an aside does anyone know a source of miniature urns, vases, pots, baskets ...general Middle Eastern tat? Preferably stuff cheap enough to pick up on bulk, and broken vases, etc, would be useful too. I'll have a look myself, though asking other folks can be always helpful. :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2015, 01:58:00 AM »
A second Hlaalu ruin, this time in a rougher state than the first.

Graffiti reads: "Out Blashphemer" and in red "Sheogorath"

That's two of that design done, the next ruin that I make will be something different. Again I'll probably make an intact one first then one which is partly collapsed. Overall though I'm wondering if having the majority collapsed would be better? Maybe I make one intact and two collapsed? Hmn...

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2015, 09:46:05 PM »
One more ruin, this one's just made from whatever leftover corkboard's been left over from the other two. =P