Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 530
Total: 536

Recent

Author Topic: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)  (Read 60102 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)
« Reply #90 on: October 19, 2015, 04:54:48 PM »
If you want to see what I have laid out on a kitchen table or the floor then be my guest, but it may be a few months before I have enough terrain for a table. Gimme till the weekend though when I have the time (...uh, I usually get home around six on week days, which sort of means that that table's being used for dinner and such). :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2015, 06:30:37 PM »
If you follow my Fallout thread I made an Enclave Hellfire Trooper at work last week (now sitting awaiting a pair of arms). This week I'm going to have a go at a guy in Dwemer armour. Just an FYI. :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
And here's the Dwemer warrior now sculpted. ...I may have not had the time to do any of this all week and rushed him today. :D

The shield's still curing, so I haven't attached it yet. That and the base is too big. He was just on that so I had more purchase when sculpting. =P

Hmn, is casting too difficult? I'm considering making a copy of this guy and lopping the armour up to use as loot (youknow, loose helmets, shields, etc to lay about on shelves). Sculpting a helmet from scratch is a bit too much effort for a bit of decoration for a market stall, but if I had copies that would be a hell of a lot easier. ...I think. The same goes for that Enclave Hellfire trooper which I've been making for my Fallout stuff. He's done right now and ready to paint, but painting him means no making copies. =/

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »
There's a putty called Oyumaru (and there are cheaper versions which they say work equally fine) that allows you to make simple moulds to copy bits with green stuff or any other epoxy putty (but gs recommended). That might suit you.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2015, 09:34:19 PM »
I've ordered some of that Oyumaru stuff, we'll have to see how it pans out. :)

Let's see what crap I've churned out. First, for the sake of having it and because I can't paint it till I have some copies, here's the Dwemer Warrior with his shield.

And from tonight, a lady in Light Dwemer Armour from the Elder Scrolls Online. Not super sure if she should be a mage with a staff, or have an axe. Erring towards the later.

Plus some other early WIPs. That armature in the bottom right turned into the above warrior. =P

From left to right: Alit, Kwama Warrior, Dwemer Warrior, random shields (not all done).

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2015, 10:09:09 PM »
You really need to scan these guys into a 3d printer so we can all have some of your creations. lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ahistorian

• Mad Scientist
    • A-Historical Wargaming
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2015, 10:18:35 PM »
Great work! Morrowind was the first game I ever really got sucked into, so it's fantastic to see how you're bringing it to life!

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:02 PM »
Loving the thread, always wanted to do something frostgrave related for skyrim now that we are spoiled for choice for Nord stand-ins, why not kick it old-school and go for the old morrowind dwemer ''armour''? it'd be far easier to do as it's essentially a gutted robot beaten into armour so far less intricate than actual dwemer armour.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2015, 09:15:35 AM »
I attempted starting on a second (wait, third) Dwemer Warrior yesterday, but well, maybe sculpting at work isn't the best idea (well, at least on busy days). Suffice to say not much was done at all on that front, but we'll see how much I can progress with that after work or at the weekend.

In other news I should be able to paint up a Kwama Forager which I made yesterday though. Its not brilliant, but chalk that up to it only taking about five minutes to make. What? Its a horde creature, I don't need to care about no stinking details! :)

Ah, and I picked up some of that Oyamuru stuff too. Early attempts aren't promising though. I'm not sure if it takes well to copying over greenstuff rather than plastic. Plastic is harder and has more defined edges, whilst the clay's not leaving very good imprints in the material. The Dwemer shield which I'm using to test with is coming out looking like it was made from chocolate... I'll see about leaving the stuff to heat for longer, but if it is having difficulties with greenstuff then it may not be viable.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2015, 07:37:07 PM »
I'm painting up the two Dwemer Warriors right now, but didn't have the time to finish those today. Instead have something which I threw together this morning instead.

In Frostgrave this would count as a Necromage, but Morrowind players will probably know it better as an Ascended Sleeper. Its mounted on a 25mm base right now, but I'll boost it up to a 30mm one before its done to give it more of a presence. Its all greenstuff bar a pair of Mantic Ghoul arms, and aye, the tentacles aren't finished.

...Yes I am aware that the Sixth House ended after the fall of Dagoth Ur, but whatever, that's no excuse to pass on making a cool model. =P

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »
Awesome sculpts and houses. The graffiti looks really authentic.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Librarian
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »
The sleeper looks great!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2015, 03:26:50 PM »
Quickly, update this thread before it falls off the first page!

The Ascended Sleeper's being painted right now along with an Ash Slave, but they fell by the wayside a little under a torrent of Tv series binging. :(

Here's what has been painted though.

The first Dwemer Warrior, the one based on the Skyrim Heavy Armour (no idea where the one in the Morrowind set lost itself).

A second Dwemer Fighter in the Elder Scrolls Online Light Armour set.

Plus two quickies on the side. A Kwama Forager.

And a Dark Brotherhood Assassin, made from some anonymous succubus model which I lopped the wings off of. She's painted in the Skyrim style, and well I was just looking for a way to use the model, thus why it isn't a like for like with the in game armours.

Sorry for any lack of focus with those, posting this before I go out. Really need to change that background to blue instead of orange so there's more contrast instead of everything being brown... :)

Crap and I still haven't finished that damn Enclave Hellfire Trooper for Fallout. Ack, need to find the model. Its gone the ways of the Morrowind Dwemer Armour suit too. :(

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »
Yo, pics. Live ...from a train!

Its an Ash Vampire. ...Because yeah, for some reason I'm making House Dagoth models despite those guys all being dead after the events of Morrowind.

Based on this cosplay of Dagoth Ur, with  a few less details so she's more generic. =P

Offline nullBolt

• Bookworm
    • nullBolt
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2015, 09:52:35 AM »
Absolutely brilliant. You should start producing these under some generic name.

<snip>

I... Don't know how I feel about Rule 63 Dagoth Ur.