Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691082
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ordering from Northstar  (Read 5632 times)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Ordering from Northstar
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 06:47:22 PM »
I hardly think that's fair. I've had Amazon decline my card on numerous occasions, I've never thought it was a conspiracy against me. My bank have always said there is no problem with the card. In fact the last time, the bank said that Amazon had tried to put it through with the wrong expiry date twice, which would be odd given it was a saved card number I'd used many times previously, and a couple of times since without altering any details... Things happen, sounds like you were unlucky.

That being said, I'm local and buy my stuff in person so have never bought through the store.

Besides, you're clearly not happy with the service you got and are unlikely to buy from them again, nothing anyone says is going to change that. There are several companies I will never have anything to do with again after having bad service from them.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Mr.J

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 01:55:14 AM »
I have to say my 'issues' were sorted out to my satisfaction almost immediately. Shit happens as far as I'm concerned but they fixed the error in a timely, professional and very friendly way. Can't fault them and will continue to buy from them in the future.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 10:55:00 AM »
Only ever had one problem - part of an order was missing - but I emailed and they sent me the missing bits two days later.

Packaging is always top class - I'm usually more concerned about stuff arriving safe than quickly.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Relic

• Mad Scientist
  • www.lead-space.net
    • Personal hobby blog
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »
Just ordered a few days ago without probs. Will buy again. I also suggest contacting Nick before getting into hasty conclusions

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2015, 06:03:02 PM »
Nick's a LAF reader, so he may see this thread anyway.

Offline geoffb

• Librarian
    • hamandjam.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:27 PM »
He is aware of this. They just refused to honour the price.
Tis that simple
I can live without the models, I just don't like their attitude.

Geoff
I came, I saw, I went home again..

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
He is aware of this. They just refused to honour the price.

So someone made a mistake in the price and they refused to lose money on the deal? The bastards.

I'm sure if you check their terms and conditions making an order on the internet isn't a finalised order until they actually accept it. The days of internet companies being forced to sell TVs for £1.78 because someone misplaced a decimal point are long gone.

Offline geoffb

• Librarian
    • hamandjam.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 01:03:29 PM »
Best to know the facts before you talk shit pal.
There was no mistake in the price. They just refused to honour the sale price even though the problem was with their system

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 01:49:44 PM »
Best to know the facts before you talk shit pal.
There was no mistake in the price. They just refused to honour the sale price even though the problem was with their system
So, as I said, someone made a mistake and they refused to lose money as both their conditions and the UK's retail regulations allow.

I won't resort to insults but check the law.

Offline geoffb

• Librarian
    • hamandjam.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 01:56:51 PM »
Again, the price was not wrong as I previously said.
As I suspected there are others who have had problems with their system which is what I was trying to find out.
If you wanted an insult I could easily oblige however I merely said you don't know the facts. Which you don't.

I have nothing else to say on the matter - however I have relayed my experience with them for the forum which others can bear in mind when deciding whether to purchase from them in future.
Personally I won't be.

Geoff

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
The problem here Geoff is that people don't agree with you. You feel hard done by and that's your right however we don't know all the facts. For example, if you ordered some stuff they don't make themselves during the sale, they quite possibly sold out and couldn't supply you. Equally, if you were as aggressive in your contact with them as you have been to people on the forum, they could well have just decided not to serve you...

That said, I know these people personally and I'm trying to remain objective but the more this goes on the less likely that is, so I'm bowing out before I say something offensive myself.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
It's obvious that Nick is just a filthy capitalist and should be dragged out of his ivory tower and strung up or shot.

I won't buy anything from anyone again who tries to make a profit.
I'll just get my figures from Tesco from now on.

Offline geoffb

• Librarian
    • hamandjam.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 02:49:10 PM »
I have stated the facts but people seem to be speculating as to what happened. I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just relaying my experience.
So one last try

Northstar have a flash sale which I am made aware of through Twitter.
I try to buy two Rubicon Panthers at a sale price 4.99 each
As far as I can see the sale goes through and I receive an order number.
I post a message on Twitter to them to say I haven't received any other confirmation and is this normal?

The next day I get and email saying all is well.
Later on I get an email saying their was a problem with my card.

I reply saying that I had the same problem before Christmas but just bought elsewhere at the time assuming it was a glitch.
I also had a chat with a pal over a game and he said he had had the same problem.
Bear in mind the card is fine - never had problems before and was using it on the same day - funds in it etc

Next day I still had no response so phoned them.
I explained what had happened and also told them about the problems I had with their site and had heard at least one other person had.
I was told there were no problems and that they would not sell at the sale price now as there was no stock.I replied that I can see on their website that they do have stock.

They still refused to do it so I told them I would make others aware of what I considered poor customer service to which I was accused of blackmail.
I said I am perfectly within in my rights to make friends and others of my experience with them.

I also said that I might be doing them a favour as they could be losing business with other people if as it seemed they have trouble paying for orders to which they replied there was no problem and they actually just had a record month.

End of conversation.
As I informed them I am making people aware of their service.
I no longer care about the items but think they were out of order and in fact quite rude in ignoring my follow up email and quite rude on the phone.

That's it, I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone however
So someone made a mistake in the price and they refused to lose money on the deal? The bastards.

I think this is not only wrong but very sarcastic.
I actually had a much more interesting response in mind but have kept it civil.

So thats it. Make of it what you will but I'm finished with the thread and won't be posting anymore.

Geoff

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
Alright, since this is going nowhere, the official statement from Northstar is as follows:

The card payment was declined by the issuing bank, due to which the deal could not be resolved in time for the One-Day Special Sale in question. They have no further information on why the bank declined the payment.

I'll lock this thread to avoid it spiralling further.