Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:44:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Batman Miniatures - Arkham Knight Batman (Suit Mk 8)  (Read 14545 times)

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Batman Miniatures - Arkham Knight Batman (Suit Mk 8)
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »
Just ordered mine via Amazon....

It's like a pushed the remote button, and it's driving to me as we speak!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
Big thanks! Keeps me going, and indeed I have some more Batman (Beyond) related conversions stuff in the Pipeline...

... Some people have mentioned that they're doing a bit of paint work to their vehicles. I'd be really interested in hearing what kind of painting they're doing, and the techniques being used. I think the cars already look great, but if they can be made better with a bit of work...please tell me how! :D
Well I keep it very simple. The models are already finished and it would be a shame to ruin them.  ;)
Therefore I just add some dark grey to the top surface and do some edge highlights. That is basically all.
I was tempted to do some weathering - especially since the Batmobile gets very dirty in Arkham Knight, but in the end I went the subtle road...
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Giger

• Mad Scientist
    • Crucium Giger's Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »
Lovely work on Batman.

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Ultra cool as always Agis,

Regards

Jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 05:01:12 PM »
Batman Beyond - Batman What? - I can here some of the more unenlighted Batman fans ask.... In fact like me 2 weeks ago. Batman Beyond (aka Batman of the Future) is an American animated television series created by Warner Bros. Animation in collaboration with DC Comics as a continuation of the Batman legacy.
It is about a teenaged Batman in a futuristic Gotham City under the tutelage of an elderly Bruce Wayne, the series began airing in 1999, and ended its run in 2001.

I was getting aware of it after receiving the really good looking Beyond skin in Arkham Knight.
See:

So I searched a bit and got the series. To my amazement I liked it - a lot!

Consequently I need a cool mini for it. My Arkham Knight conversion made me look into Infinity minis. A quick into my lead pile showed me the Nomad new Mobile Brigada. Not a perfect fit, but close, so I filed the bunny ears into pointy Batears and painted him black and red. I am happy with the look.

The big gun is not really fitting to Batman, in my eyes it is just the all new Mk 8 Multi Gadget with integrated Remote Hacking Device, Disruptor, Voice Synthesizer, Freeze Blast and Remote Electrical Charge!

So the Bat needed a new car, or? In the animated series Batman is using an ultrasleek hover car, but I wanted a more down to earth rugged car. The Clearhorizonminiatures Nemesis light strike vehicle was just right. It even had similar weapon and tool loadout as the new Batmobile in Arkham Knight! The gun, the rockets and even a winch!
The model is nicely designed but the actual casting is a bit flawed, you can still see some mold lines on the above model (and that is after a lot of smoothing and milliputting...). But if you like the look and are a reasonable modeller go for it!

More pics on my website (scroll all the way down!): http://www.adpublishing.de/html/dc.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:05:57 PM by Agis »

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 05:39:16 PM »
I've never watched Batman beyond,can't comment on that Reference but you definitely nailed the Arkham Knight Videogame Look  :-* :-* i'm still shaking at the Fact that Jason is the Arkham Knight/Red Hood  lol

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2015, 05:42:27 PM »
I've never watched Batman beyond,can't comment on that Reference but you definitely nailed the Arkham Knight Videogame Look  :-* :-* i'm still shaking at the Fact that Jason is the Arkham Knight/Red Hood  lol
Agreed- I finished the main storyline yesterday - the 1st EVER console game I played till the end!
Have to say that it was by far one of the BEST games I ever played, so many twist and great story moments, so many different game elements. I love it!

Now some more sidequest to engage the Knightfall protocol!

Offline supervike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 12:01:37 AM »
If you want the 'full' Knight Protocol, make sure you solve all the Riddlers riddles, find all his question marks, and take him on in battle.

That takes a while!

Was your Hot Wheel Elite the 1/43 scale?  That's what I just got, but it seems slightly small.  I've spotted a 1/18th one in the same line, and that may do it for me! Although quite spendy

LOVE LOVE LOVE that Batman Beyond, and his car.  That's some serious good work.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:10:07 AM by supervike »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 04:25:24 AM »
Oh yak, the Riddler quest is the only one I dislike...
:(
And yes the above shown car is 1/43, big enough for me...;)

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 06:39:40 AM »
Nicely done Agis! 8)