Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 699
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fenris Games Innsmouth Cobblestone bases  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Fenris Games Innsmouth Cobblestone bases
« on: August 09, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
I recently tried to order some more Innsmouth Cobblestone bases from Fenris Games, but they appear to have discontinued the line.  (They still do them as toppers in 25, 30 & 40 mm diameter, but I need some larger monster & cavalry sized bases.)  I've tried e-mailing them to see what's going on & if they are planning to bring the full range back, but have had no response.

Does anyone either know what is the score with Fenris & this line, or know of other manufactures (ideally UK-based) that make similar cobblestone bases (with the DS profile)?
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 10
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Fenris Games Innsmouth Cobblestone bases
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
Geronimo who runs Fenris Games is out with some painful sounding back issues, which may be why you got no response.

From the Fenris blog (http://fenrisgames.com/news/summer-of-discontent):

This summer continues the so-far terrible year here at Fenris with my recent killer combo of slipped (prolapsed) disc and sciatica. Add to this the seasonal difficulties in casting resin and the continuing inability to find hired help and unfortunately delays with your orders are now getting longer rather than shorter. Additionally, shared access to our laser cutter is equally backlogged and the obvious answer (leasing my own dedicated machine) is hampered by lack of workshop space and shortage of cashflow for a move into bigger premises outside the Dockyard. 7 day weeks are still not enough to catch up with backlog, given that there's as much time needed for mould repair/replacement as for actual casting, email queries and PMs to answer, and all of the everyday minutiae of the small business. Even post runs have become a once-weekly necessity rather than a daily habit, purely to save the 5 hours a week taken from productivity time otherwise.

Meanwhile, please rest assured that I am working as hard as physically possible given current back-related limits to process your orders. New product (Sulaco walls, gaps in base ranges, promised scenery items, etc) is near impossible to find time for at present, not least because I am also juggling two imminent Kickstarters for Petersen Games and trying to sort out a couple of my own. The first of these will hopefully launch in the next month or so and is intended to have minimal impact on my everyday production abilities - please keep an eye here, on facebook, twitter, and forums for news in that regard.

Meanwhile, many thanks again for your continued patience and loyalty. Long-term customers will hopefully realise that this is just a temporary blip and that I'll do my level best to have things back to approaching normal as soon as I possibly can.

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: Fenris Games Innsmouth Cobblestone bases
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »
Ah, that would explain things, fair enough.  (I sometimes forget how small some of the companies I shop with actually are.)

In the meantime, can anyone recommend any other sources of cobblestone monster/cavalry bases?