Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689632
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland  (Read 25597 times)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:18:24 AM »
This is my first submission to the LA forums.  I have some other projects that are in various stages of complretion that I hope to be bringing to other genre specific boards but this is the one that has me most excited.  My problem is that I hate reading from PDFs and I don't want to pick up a copy of This is Not a Test until it goes to print.  At the moment I'm trying to make some terrain and models to prepare.  In order to support the game until they are able to produce a print version of the rules I think I'm going to have to man up and pick up some of their models.  For now I have a couple WIP models to show and a quick shot of the first 2'x4' terrain board during construction.

boardWIP: A bare board with a couple rough patches of sound down.  I'm going for a flat surface that can be adaptable but I wanted the barren landscape to have a gritty character in spite of it's monotonous plane.  The ground has rough texture and would be very unfriendly to movement tray type games but I hate painting big armies of the same models so it's only intended for skirmish games.  Later I'll post a shot of the painted and complete section.

lastincerceptor: From the time I was a kid I wanted a falcon or something like it.  I don't care if the fallout universe is supposed to be out of fossil fuels.  I'll find some somewhere.  This shot shows a test constable for the mounted police and the modified crown vic that will allow me to imagine my mad max fantasies :).

burningman: The brutal leader of the Burning Man raiders.  I think he is a Saban model (Eden?).  I was shooting for a cross between Lord Humongous and Hannibal Lector.

pursuitinterceptor: A shot of the completed crown vic.  As a heated the spoiler with my lighter to fit it to the roof I recalled how envious I was of good modellers who have vacuform gear for their plastics and unburned fingers :).

Hopefully this post works.  It is listing all of my photos I described as attachments.  If I have done this incorrectly I apologize.  If a mod could advise me if I made an error I'd be grateful.  Thanks.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »
Oh Yeah, thats rocking!

8)  8)

Welcome Horrid!!

The Humongal Lector looks great!  :-*  :-* Perfect Mini, and crosses a little with a "fit" Immortan Joe :D

And the interceptor is awesome.

Why not download the PDF the get it printed locally at the near by print shop? They can bind it some how too.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »
I love it! Go Mad Maclean!  :-* :-*
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 01:38:54 AM »
@constable bertrand;

I couldn't resist; it was payday so I picked up the PDF.  I heard some horror stories about print costs some of the guys experienced on the facebook group and I don't plan on playing for a while but having a reference as I'm building everything will be worthwhile.  It's a pretty book even through adobe :).

@mr. peabody;

Something like that :).  I was thinking "Mad" McKenzie.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 03:48:31 AM »
I priced Staples when I was on vacation (bought my copy before the trip to read), I live in the US. If you print in black and white, double sided and a clear cover and spiral bound it was $22 US roughly....based on the exchange rate, roughly that would be your cost also....

Best advice is to shop around and call and ask for prices....the color cost was over $100, I laughed at that point and said no thanks. I will have to get mine printed locally because I was hoping to get it done while I waited for my wife to finish up at a con but the girl was backed up and had no help yet....so I figure I will be hitting the UPS store to price them, if it is close, I will print....the guys there are pretty cool anyway and loved it when I printed up a ton of Bolt Action stuff, so this will really make them go crazy.

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 04:29:18 AM »
Black and White sounds like the way to go.  I wouldn't mind paying $30 CDN (or so) to have it at my fingertips.  The $100 quote sounds like one of the horror stories I heard; Poor guy didn't ask for the quote and got quite a shocker.  Caveat emptor :(.

I'm glad I have some kind of blueprint for the warbands now so I can model with some direction/structure.  I'm most interested in having a look at the art and terrain within.  I was really impressed with how they tackled pavement.  I think they cut tile or cork, painted it then laid it onto their boards rather than basing it on additional MDF.  I'm impressed and want to appropriate their ideas.

I did a test piece for paving modules that would overlay the desert board I'm building but I preferred the broken effect they got; very jealous :).  It would definitely look better laid out by road.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 12:11:00 AM »
Nice work on the base board. Yea, shop around you may get a cheaper deal.

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 02:41:19 AM »
I love everything in this thread.  The vehicles, the green stuff sculpting, promising terrain!  When you talk about asphalt are you talking about my stuff, which is the same stuff in the TNT book?  Is so that's just roof shingle with cracks cut into it.  Nothing fancy.  I can give you the rundown on how to do that easily enough, that is assuming you are talking about my roads.

As for the printed book, I hear you.  It's been rather frustrating on my end to get it out there.  Really its been finding a publisher that can deliver at an affordable price point.  We will get there. 

Again great stuff.  Keep safe out there.

Joey 

Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Scorpio

• Scientist
  • justice wears a mask
    • Metal Skirmish
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 09:11:19 PM »
Excellent work, looking forward to seeing more.
PMMDJ
http://metal-skirmish.blogspot.com/

"Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved."

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 01:56:35 AM »
To print your rule book, I'd suggest to have it printed on pre-punched paper with 3 holes and to put it in a binder, that way you'll be able to add expansions and keep them all in the same binder.
Great pictures, I'm looking forward to see your project evolve.

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 03:17:23 AM »
Got mine printed and  bound at UPS store for $22. Not bad!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 09:09:37 AM »
See Viv's YT vid where he hardbound his own book in pleather?

Grimm

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 01:06:37 AM »
Lovely! :-*

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 04:27:03 AM »
I green stuffed a some additions onto an AE:WW2 American K-9 Handler to prepare Constable Katts for duty.  Rutger and Goblyn came along for the WIP.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 12:45:03 PM »
Excellent work, esp. like the pursuit interceptor.