Forum > VSF Adventures

Where to buy VSF goodies?

(1/30) > >>

Malamute:
Acting on a fine suggestion from Dodge here is a thread for promoting anything that maybe suitable for VSF. Figures, vehicles, buildings, toys for converting etc.

Feel free to add whenever you see anything that might be useful, so we can create a list for reference and to wonder over for years to come. :)

I'll kick off with my first suggestions. There are loads of them so get posting...

Ironclad Miniatures - 28mm comprehensive range of finely cast steam tanks and vehicles and a growing range of 28mm figures including home service British, Prussians, Victorian characters and soon the French and Russians.

Redoubt Enterprises - 28mm range of home service British troops and artillery. Also large steam tanks and vehicles. Their ACW and Zulu wars range also have useful figures. Beware though that the figures are taller than many other 28s.

Westwind Productions - massive range of Victorian era figures in their Gothc Horror range including London Bobbies, Zendarian troops and all manner of period characters etc.

Over to you. :)

Dewbakuk:
The London Warroom (in the US) - Sellers of the Parroom Station range, which includes many national powers and Martians of many kinds. Also includes numerous battlesuits and vehicles. Also retailers of the Lyzard Gryn colonial weapons range for adding period guns to scratch built vehicles.

Thunderchicken:
Some that spring to mind (I'm sure I'll think of more):

Scheltrum Miniatures - lots of 28mm vehicles, figures and other sundries.

Brigade Games (U.S) - carry a range of 28mm figures under their GASLIGHT section.

Armorcast - some suitable 28mm vehicles under the steam tech section.

Jeff Valent Studios - offers figures under the Great Rail Wars range.

Warrior Miniatures - quite a large collection of 28mm figures under the England Invaded range.

argsilverson:
I will add the following:

Tiger miniatures: German Colonials, balkan wars; Greeks,Turkish,Bulgarian and now recently released Serbian infantry, with a no khaki painting, suitable for VSF etc. Irregulars of the Balkans, Tribals for NW frontier.
Dutch colonials. Greek Evzones with earlier uniforms [1897] and Cretan gendarmes that cry out to be used in some VSF setting. Spanish American war with lots of figures suitable for VSF.

OG miniatures: Some of their WW1 miniatures can be converted to be used in VSF.
Colonials also. The boxer rebellion sailors is a must for any period from VSF to Pulp.
OG has lots of ranges and you can find useful minis all over the ranges, like civilians of the ACW

Copplestone Castings: Sailors, guns and darkest africa types which are very useful.

Eureka mminiatures: The PAX LIMPOPO range is the VSF!!!! lancers on unicycle and cuirassiers on penny farthing, civilians, policemen, thugs, personalities, mechanics for VSF, pedal driven artillery, prussian spy, kriegshosen, bavarian clockwork mechanics [just to name a few] plus a very nice Hansom cab! Added to them: QUeen Victoria Herself!

Wessex Games: armed policemen [bobbies]

The Foundry: FPW prussians, bavarians etc, French, Crimean British, Russian, Turks etc, Darkest Africa [characters a must!] plus civilians. The Foundry specials including a young Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, Sherlock Holmes etc also a must!

Perry Miniatures: some of their Sudan range as well as civilians from various ranges very suitable.

I would also add Scarlet and Rose miniatures as well as The Little Lead Soldiers ones: Both have ranges with Victorian types, paraders, bands etc. Scarlet and Rose has even a diorama of Queen Victoria's Jubilee celebration with coaches, guards, Queen's Victoria party etc. They also have some hunting parties that could be used also in Ascot!

Tradition of London has or distributes some lines [incl. Tradition of Scandinavia]
offering the Kaiser and his sraff in full dress uniform, plus some edwardian drivers and characters, dancing ladies and so on.

Warrior miniatures: England Invaded british, germans, turks etc!

Front Rank: some Jacobite Scots might be pressed in service!

Furthermore many minis, mostly form colonial and old west ranges, might be pressed in service. [See crusader miniatures, Pulp Figures etc etc]

argsilverson:
And the list goes on:

Chiltern miniatures: a range of victorian characters.

Askari miniatures: french, italian and Russian colonials.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version