Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690934
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 704
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mike Bravo Miniatures: Updates etc (28mm Moderns)  (Read 48679 times)

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
    • Mike Bravo Miniatures' Blog
Re: Mike Bravo Miniatures: Updates etc (28mm Moderns)
« Reply #210 on: February 23, 2016, 03:59:48 AM »
More chaps in hair nets:

Better photos to follow when they land in the UK.  One more figure needed to complete the first set of 12 then they'll be shipped over.

Next up from Anton will probably not now be the AU (sigh) but opponents for his Cold War Yanks.
Robi is being tasked with Winter of '79 bits and bobs, but we'll sneak in a few Wild Geese as we go along.

Updates will follow on our blog over the next couple of days: http://mikebravominiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:02:29 AM by Mike Bravo Minis »

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #211 on: February 23, 2016, 07:44:54 AM »
Opponents for Cold War Yanks? Now I'm intrigued. Pray tell.

When can we expect the septics?
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #212 on: February 23, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »
Ooh, I'd be in for some of those Israelis. I suppose Empress Americans could be used alongside them no bother for M16 armed regulars (as long as you don't look too closely at the gear) or special forces (I don't see anyone making those funky looking Israeli white ops any time soon though). Merkava kits aren't too hard to pick up either. Hmn, and with me having made a load of Middle Eastern terrain as well... :)

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #213 on: February 23, 2016, 09:05:21 AM »
Carlos: (1) Spetsnaz to tie in somewhat with the W79 stuff for those that want to bring in the Soviets.  Probably VDV too given Eureka has Motorised covered a bit with their Afghanistan figures?  (2) They are on a 'plane somewhere between rural NZ and semi-rural England.  will be off to the caster as soon as Royal Mail has fleeced me for the customs duties.

Wyrmalla: We will most probably do a few M16 variants to cover reservists, but these would be later in the year once the fighting fund has been replenished.  Special forces are not off the radar - Anton has enjoyed sculpting these so is keen to do more I thunk.  They might however be something that Spectre do (as they seem to be on a ultramodern spec ops charge) so if they don't we probably will(?). 

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »
Ooh, I'd be in for some of those Israelis. I suppose Empress Americans could be used alongside them no bother for M16 armed regulars (as long as you don't look too closely at the gear) or special forces (I don't see anyone making those funky looking Israeli white ops any time soon though). Merkava kits aren't too hard to pick up either. Hmn, and with me having made a load of Middle Eastern terrain as well... :)
Give in. You know you want some.  lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »
Carlos: (1) Spetsnaz to tie in somewhat with the W79 stuff for those that want to bring in the Soviets.  Probably VDV too given Eureka has Motorised covered a bit with their Afghanistan figures?  (2) They are on a 'plane somewhere between rural NZ and semi-rural England.  will be off to the caster as soon as Royal Mail has fleeced me for the customs duties.

Wyrmalla: We will most probably do a few M16 variants to cover reservists, but these would be later in the year once the fighting fund has been replenished.  Special forces are not off the radar - Anton has enjoyed sculpting these so is keen to do more I thunk.  They might however be something that Spectre do (as they seem to be on a ultramodern spec ops charge) so if they don't we probably will(?). 

Are you suggesting there is something other than a rural version of the land of the long white clud? Kudos to Anton, sculpting away by firelight in one of those quaint mud huts they dwell in over there. :)

If it is to be Spetznaz, can we have 'em either in Afghanka fatigues or Gorka suits? That would make them a useful adjunct to the Eureka range.

I think you should have gone with Polish airborne giving W79 a certaon look of prescience.

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2016, 04:16:18 PM »
I'm going to have a Doh! moment* but Polish Airborne would be prescient because...?

(*I'll blame lack of sleep due to poorly kid)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »
Give in. You know you want some.  lol

Eugh, don't... I have a T series hull there just looking to be turned into Achzarit.

Speaking of spetsnaz... :D

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:35 PM »
I'm going to have a Doh! moment* but Polish Airborne would be prescient because...?

I'm guessing it's a reference to Britain's diverse society that can't be expanded on due to the 'current affairs' rules.  ;)   

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2016, 02:23:29 PM »
I'm not allowed to make jokes at the expense of the Daily Mail then?

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2016, 06:15:08 PM »
Sadly no, which I often find frustrating; if anything that and the Express were made for it. Oddly it seems to be a very popular paper on the news stands here, which is somewhat ironic, but then ex-pats aren't migrants in Mailspeak.

Double plus good. ::) 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2016, 09:12:25 PM »
Surprised they don't do a local, Spanish version for surviving Francoists. In publishing, like everything else, one should never ignore one's core market. The Mail should also look at sales in Venezuela, where there is an actual toilet paper shortage.

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »
Update:

Now I'm sure this all kicked off because I needed some AU troops for Somalia, and not all of this Cold War/W79 stuff which I had never any intention of gaming...   lol

So returning to our 'roots' temporarily:

http://mikebravominiatures.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
 lol welcome back

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2016, 11:07:21 AM »
I have just preordered! Not sure how that happened as I didn't intend too, I was just sort of dragged in.