Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Modern British Army Vehicles -Panther (TES) - Foxhound  (Read 14794 times)

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
Modern British Army Vehicles -Panther (TES) - Foxhound
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:58:18 PM »
Good day, could not find a modern warfare board sadly so here i am :)

this is about to go of for printing many thanks to the sculpter Carl, its having a few final tweeks but this gives a good impression of the final kit.

Scale is 1:50 so suitable for 28mm moderns :) also an experiment in 15mm will be done with this kit, so that maybe be a reality in 15mm as well.

Also note the kit comes with 2 weapon stations so you can swap inbetween games.

read more here

http://www.evilbearwargames.com/comming-soon/

Matt
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:45:29 AM by Mr Evil »

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Modern British Army Panther (TES)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »
Gorgeous.

Any ideas on a price or ETA?

Reminds me I've got to order some of those battlesuits.....

Offline Ulu Elsomalien

• Scientist
  • Prepainted General
    • Prépeint & Cie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:09 PM »
Nice. It has been 3D designed directly (I mean CAD) or sculpted then 3D modelled ? Because (in both cases) nowadays, 3D files are a great thing that could be down (or up) scaled to fit another scale ("28mm" being a very large definition of 25-32mm).

One a side note, is there something wrong with the rear right wheel ?
A word for miniatures, scenery and rules compulsive buying ? Zhobbyllness !

Ulu Elsomalien

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 09:24:21 PM »
Hi rear right wheel is just a rendering glitch, the print will actualy be the same wheel 4 times.. so fear not.

its been sculpted digitaly from a lot of photos i had access to and information gathered from all over the place and what was possible via tkind people at the MOD.

its off for printing as i type, and there will also be a 15mm scale version printed, along side it, both will come with the 2 turrets they support..

The rear block is also removable so if the MOD upgrade that section in the future so can i :) in adition the british version is a soft rear, wile this is a hard rear.. (sounds rude) there will be a soft rear commisioned some point down the line as an optional extra.

for uptodate news keep an eye on www.evilbearwargames.com

i will endevour to return here when i get change :)

matt

and yes grab a suit soon, once end of month hits the price is going up, this will enable me to sell to stockists, and invest back into new kits,   unfortunatly not speed boats and martinis.

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:35:57 PM »
print is due in begining of september :) then of to casters.

being printed is 15mm and 28mm scale, but if interest is there and sales allow then 20mm could follow a month later..

all this is mostly in the hands of others as im not currently in a position to 3d print and cast in house..

if i win the lottery this weekend ,, then who knows lol :D

when i set out to do vehicles i did consider all 3 scales, but im not sure if that would be comercial suicide or not !! personaly id want to own the same army in all 3 scales..

Releases will be UK armed forces centric, as there are enough american companies to do US stuff.. and lots of kits... where some one else produces a nice kit already i will not do a version, unless i get to a position to do it in plastics..

www.evilbearwargames.com
is currently running a introductory offer of over 30% discount on my first release (hard suits), the funds from this are being used to fund the casting of the Panther.

so would people be interested in a  20mm version ?

Offline peachy rex

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:01:14 AM »
S&S makes both the Panther & Lince in 1/72.

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 01:38:47 PM »
whats the linc ?

the panther s&s do is the italian version Iveco

so my version is very different as its the 2015 TES version fitted by BAE

sorry earlier message was done after a few glass's of wine and cake :D

Offline peachy rex

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »
They have the Panther too, though without the extra bits & bobs. (At least it's labelled as the Panther - the RWS might be the only difference from the Lince.)

There's a definite trade-off with 20mm - on the one hand, it's been the most popular "large" scale for ultra-modern, so it's still probably the biggest market for a vehicle manufacturer. On the other hand, as the most popular "large" scale, it has received the most attention from vehicle manufacturers. (S&S, for example, has focused almost entirely on 1/72 for the last several years.) I would guess that 28mm is still a smaller market, but it seems to be growing fast, and with so much less available it's probably easier for a new entrant to make their mark.

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »
I agree, and S&S are only down the road from me, so if there interested they can always contact me and see what we can sort.

the 15mm version maybe going to flytrap factory, where they will do some mods on it for thier range. while i will just do the vanilla version.

i love 28mm always have, but i think i understand why some do the other scales, 1:72 is availability, while 15mm is probobably price point and game table size..

Offline peachy rex

• Bookworm
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 04:20:42 AM »
I'm a 28mm guy myself. The size and expense are not ideal, no - but the selection of figs and vehicles is growing rapidly. Looking forward to getting a couple of your Panthers.  ;)

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
    • Mike Bravo Miniatures' Blog
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 06:21:57 AM »
Mr Evil, I will love you forever if you do a 28mm Mastiff...  I know S&S Models were reticent about it when I enquired a long while back for fear of lack of sales/cost, but I suspect it's one of those "If you make it, They will buy it" pieces.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:59:17 AM by Mike Bravo Minis »

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 09:28:38 AM »
Mr Evil, I will love you forever if you do a 28mm Mastiff...  I know S&S Models were reticent about it when I enquired a long while back for fear of lack of sales/cost, but I suspect it's one of those "If you make it, They will buy it" pieces.

lets just say its 80-90% done, but it comes with a conversion kit to be the british or american version in one box, if you use magnets it could swap between games ;) also the shorter version... untill its 100%  wont confirm we are doing it in fairness to people.  reason im doing it is its not made in 1:48 scale.  we are lucky to have us army/marine input and british ary input so withing the limits of possabilities and cost it will be fairly accurate.

But before that we have my all time fave latest adition to the british army to come, this will be released once the panther has made enogth sales to pay for printing.  im so excitied about that vehicles my heart is all a flutter :)

Offline Mr Evil

• Librarian
    • Evil Bear Wargames
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 12:36:17 PM »
so the plan is to do Ultra modern brits, but if i was to do another force to appose the british who could i do ? and why ? examples of cool armoured cars is always good :) the game suits armoured cars more than tanks, as tanks on a games table tend to get to close and go pop... whle armoured cars go zippy zippy around.

Offline peachy rex

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 01:45:29 PM »
Armoured cars - as in wheels and a biggish gun - are distressingly rare these days. The ones that come to mind are the French AMX-10RCR and ERC-90 (the latter mostly retired now), Italian Centauro, South African Rooikat and the Japanese Maneuver Combat Vehicle. The French also have an AMX/ERC successor under development, though I'm not sure design has been finalised. Of those, only the AMX and ERC are currently made for 28mm that I'm aware of (both by Gaso.line in 1/48.)

I'm not really sure about an adversary. The Russians are well-covered for vehicles, though there are some gaps. Perhaps Chinese? You'd have to see what Empress has in the pipe-line, but the PLA has enough variety that there should be room for more than one manufacturer. (And with Empress doing PLA infantry, there's presumably a market for vehicles.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:48:08 PM by peachy rex »

Offline Dangerdaz

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »
Looks great. I will be buying 2.