Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:58:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 727
Total: 734

Recent

Author Topic: Vissy - Takes on Frostgrave  (Read 16117 times)

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: Vissy - Takes on Frostgrave
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2015, 12:21:58 PM »
Sounds like a great game and pretty well balanced too!

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2015, 12:57:45 PM »
Sounds like a great game and pretty well balanced too!

Mate good to see you haven't seen you much on Data Sphere lately what's being cracking?

Frostgrave seems to work pretty well so far hopefully Borzag and I will get our next game in on Saturday the 10th of October. I should also get some Infinity in on the same day.  ;D

I have to redact something from my last post.

Quote from: Borzag
Actually I walked away with 150XP, 80GC (+20 in the bank), a Grimoire with Bind Demon (LEARNT!), and the Orb of Power.  Nobody died (yay!), but Anissa the Thief is missing the next game.

Definitely a good game :) I'm still decluttering and doing some exploration here, but should be able to continue my band assembly in the next few days (for both my bands).

Like I said he got allot more than I did need to respect my force for our next encounter paying to enlist lost models and what not.

Still should be really fun.
What I do: Chef by trade, ass by choice; but I play the following when I'm not being either.
Infinity: Haqqislam is my main and then I own ALL THE THINGS!
Frostgrave: Nec

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2015, 07:34:08 PM »
Mate good to see you haven't seen you much on Data Sphere lately what's being cracking?
I've been working mostly, but you can see some of my ideas on my blog http://fiendsinwaistcoats.blogspot.com/
I'm looking forward to your next game.
Rob

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »
Slight Update,

I've spent a good few hours looking for my sinkers to put more sinkers in those foam terrain pieces. Can't find them given up going to have to get some more. :(

Anyway since that failed figured I would partially base my minis for the next game. Since I'm getting really really frustrated with painting them. I realise now that I've never had to deal with leather, clothe and the like much so all these soldiers are a P.O.S for me to paint.

Meh,

Here's where we stand as of giving in to sleep tonight.

Reasonably happy with the Wizard cause Armour I can paint Armour! The Apprentice is getting replaced as soon as I find something not terrible like this model to replace him.

Wraith is giving me the shits as well. But happy with the Ice Demon and Vampire Lord is coming along ok.

Middle Archer is the only close to finished block colours model and you can see why I'm getting hung up on this cloth business. :(

Anywho snow can go onto the bases after I finish painting them. Need to protect it from possible spills or over spray/paint anyway.

Thanks for reading.

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »
Awesome warband, great work on choosing a theme. Very nice paintjobs as well especially on the bosses.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2015, 02:37:00 AM »
Hey Vissy I used to have the same issues on cloth I use ink washes now to do cloth leather even armor. Given them a try. Nice use of GW plastics.

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2015, 02:59:35 PM »

Sitting deep within the crypt that was for lack of a better word his home upon the same stone throne he had for many a year sat was Dr. Bonesplitter the eerie green light that was eyes in the empty sockets of his skull intensified as he heard the flutter of wings coming down the hallway towards him.

In mere moments a Raven came barreling out of the darkness and landed upon his All-See Ball.

"GARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII get in here you groveling pile of excrement get in here."

Gari came shuffling in from the passageway which lead to his cell and smaller area which he used for his experiments.

"Yes Master how can I be of assistance"

"LOOK fool can you not see with those sorry excuses you call eyes? The spy we sent to from the Demon Summoner is back. Activate the All-See Ball and let us know what it knows!"

Gari walked over to where the bird was and used a small enchantment on the All-See Ball. The bird cawed and flapped its wings before sitting flush atop of the ball almost as if it was a overly large egg. In any other situation it would have being comical but in this situation it was just bizarre.

Images began to flash inside the ball as the birds last few days comings and goings were absorbed by the enchantments within the ball. Snippets and glances of beasts, men and beastmen were seen but nothing of note of either Damien the Demon Summoner or Danille his Apprentice. Till they neared what must of being only mere hours earlier that day. The bird had clearly being perching near a Tavern not one known to Gari or Dr. Bonesplitter or any of his men for surely the reward he put out should have brought them news sooner. But a tavern it was none the less and the bird had seen a party set out from what was most likely it's keg room door. A large group larger than one would think normal and clearly near its centre was Damien the Demon Summoner along with many of the beast and demons they had faced previously.

Dr. Bonesplitter began to cackle madly I have you now DEMON!! The cackling immediately put Gari on edge he often wondered about his master's sanity but this was clearly not the laugh of anyone sane. He turned to look at this master.

"Master we known where they are based now what is your plan?"

Dr. Bonesplitter continued to watch the All-See Ball earnestly seemly ignoring the question at first.

"Ohh yes we do but it will take some time to find the actual Inn itself but that is fine. I however suspect I know where they might be heading North of here only a few good hours walk even for weaklings like you there remains but one part of a Summoning Circle. It would not appear to be much if one stumbled upon it and didn't understand there is more to it than there seems it's part of a system that was used before by Wizards much more learned than you are likely to ever see today. However it was damaged long ago and I suspect I know why this Damien is here now or at least what he may try next.

Gari was confused as always his master talked as if he too was as long lived or experienced as he was and assumed he knew of things that Felstad was like in the past or that the current Wizarding World wasn't at its pinnacle of its power. Right then mid ponder and had he being able to see himself he would understand what followed next Gari was smashed square in the side of the head with a Bone Dart. Dazed, confused and lucky that his master wasn't a total sadist Gari recovered himself and bowed his head. I

"I'll be getting the men and hounds ready then shall I Master?"

YES GARI!! You are by far the dumbest, most useless, sorry excuse for an apprentice I have ever seen I've dealt with drunk, moraless whores in the middle of the moon's days with more sense than have in your skull. Ready them all any that can walk and fight we go now and hopefully we can spring an ambush or at least catch them unawares!

Gari limped quickly away still dazed and muttering under his breath.

Dr Bonesplitter called out after him.

I heard that Gari I don't know what a Union is but if you tell them whoever they are what you just said I'll teach you a nice new spell you have never seen before. Only one catch I'll be using it on you and let me tell you right now it will make you allot more like some drunk, moraless whores in the middle of the moon's days that I have known. Infact come back here; MAYBE IT MIGHT MAKE YOU BETTER!

His masters cackling faded as Gari limped even quicker away and the Raven came speeding by back out to wherever his master had sent it this time.

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2015, 03:16:10 PM »
Sooo hopefully that fluff set this battle up because it was another fun one. We used the club terrain this time. I am always pleasantly surprised at the quality and quantity of terrain that the Blind Pig Gaming Club has. Thanks obviously allot to Blind Pig, Heble and the many other helpers over the years who have made it such a great club.

This board is actually 6 snow tables and I do mean 6' by 4' tables for WHFB basically all dumped onto one! I love skirmish games with dense terrain so much better and cinematic anyway.

Table setup looks like this its only one of the board so it 3' wide by 4' long.

You can see the remains of a summoning circle someone has since just used it to help form a fence line around their cottage. They bolted their doors very quickly it seems or were long gone before the battle was joined.

The fluff came after the table and the battle actually which is great these games are literally writing themselves not the other way round.

Onto the forces I had the following.

NOTE: Thief on the bottom is missing this game with a previous injury from last game.

I have hired a new thief with my little earnings from last game. I also learnt the Spell Telekinesis found that Grimoire last game. I go into the battle with only 20GC and since I have reached LVL 1 I was able to create a base I choose a Crypt not cause its really usefull but because it fits my little bit of fluff. That lowers my Raise Zombie casting by 2.

My Wizard has the following spells.

-------------------------
NECROMANCER
-------------------------

Raise Zombie 6 (Thanks to my Crypt)
Bone Dart 8
Drain Life 10

-------------
ALIGNED
-------------

Fleet Feet 14
Summon Demon 14
Control Animal 14
Telekinesis 12 (From Grimoire)

--------------
NEUTRAL
--------------

Push 14
Enchant Weapon 14

Jose/Borzag's force looks like this.

Less to note about his list but he has learned Bind Demon he found that in a Grimoire last game and has a Orb of Power and has given it to his Wizard which starts with 8 Charges I believe he uses 3 in this game. So 5 remain for next game need to remember that for bookkeeping. Also he choose an Inn as his base which comes into the fluff. He decided the original summoning/summoner who brought in into his plane did it in the cellar of this Inn and thought it a good enough place as any to stay. This takes him to a Max Warband size of 11 which sucks for me. :(

Spells now look like this.

------------------
SUMMONER
------------------
Summon Demon 12
Bind Demon 10
Imp 10
Leap 8

-------------
ALIGNED
-------------

Bone Dart 10
Elemental Shield 12
Control Animal 14

--------------
NEUTRAL
--------------

Heal 12
Fleet Feet 14

Onto the AAR/Battle Report itself.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:20:54 PM by VisOne »

Offline Urquhart

• Bookworm
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
Good "Wizard Sheet"! It's a webpage or home-made?

“Youth is not made for pleasure but for heroism” - Paul Claudel
New Missions and ideas for Frostgrave topic
Felstad's incursions topic

Offline VisOne

• Assistant
  • The Haqqi-salami
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 09:38:04 PM »
Good "Wizard Sheet"! It's a webpage or home-made?

http://www.battletortoise.com/frostgrave/roster.html

I believe it was made by a fellow Lead Adventurer member. Its really best for just specing up your starting force since it lacks most of the things you can do with your force post your first game really such as no way to add a 11th member or account for summonings/before game spells like Zombie.

Still it works and a quick screenshot and a little cropping you can dump in in a word document and use it as your Wizard sheet for each game and just hand write or type in the rest of the details like I do.

Other options are the google spreadsheet the Battle Scribe. All have there good up's and downs this works for me soo far.