Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686476
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: They came out of the East  (Read 2319 times)

Offline ducat

• Librarian
They came out of the East
« on: August 15, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »
I have been searching through my figure sets for something cool to use in Frostgrave whilst I decide what to purchase,,,,,(I know it will happen, there is no point denying it).... I had looked at my Crab clan army for L5R but was seriously short of wizards for it (just the one) which was a shame as they have pretty much just sat in a box since I painted them. Then some luck came and inspiration struck me as i came across an old watcher figure from a Crocodile Games sponsored tournament from a few years back. A serious amount of hacking at it to remove its massive base (which did also give me a nice stone needle to base separately as scatter too) and a little glue finally got me my apprentice.....

Next when I was looking at the lists came the dilemma of what to actually take. I found I could field a lot of the figures but then eventually settling on a list meant I wanted a Warhound. I certainly found a Hound at least that I picked up from Warbases last Salute....not so sure on the War part but it looks quite fitting i believe...

So On the the whole point...I present...(with an awful picture taken on my phone lol but it gives the flavour)

The Questing Party of Kuni Yori

Wizard, Apprentice, Ranger, Treasure Hunter, Archer, Thug x 3, Warhound.

I have access to a few of the other types but this seemed to give a good general mix of starting dudes that fits the figures available whilst still having a few numbers.

Next up is the important decision of exactly which type of wizard this will be. I am seriously looking at a Soothsayer at present.

A good chance summon Zombie will be taken as one of the back up spells too so as to swell the ranks. Its not that bad to chance at a -4 cast as a OOG.

More later.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:53:26 PM by ducat »

Offline ducat

• Librarian
Re: They came out of the East
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 09:48:52 PM »
Spells. These are what drives your warband it seems. Having not actually played yet this is all chosen by a vague plan of a playstyle.

I have chosen the Soothsayer path for my Wizard. It seemed somehow fitting for my figure choices in my mind.

First our core spells from the Soothsayer list ...

1 - Wizard Eye - a chance to place a spell out with great los that then lets me remain in cover/hidden while my wizard does his dirty work casting his other more offensive spells. This is the hopeful corner stone of some success and the formulation of a plan.

2 - Mind Control - my primary offence, take the enemy, hit the enemy with their own figures. move them to odd places, annoy the enemy. seems fair to me.

3 - Forget Spell - what is annoying me.  lets make them try to lose it shall we. (I suspect dispel spells may be an early target here)

Next we take our Aligned spells -

4 - Heal - with a 10 cast this is not too bad and hopefully may negate some of the wounds I expect to take on my wizard and apprentice  from pushing to make spells happen.

5 - Fleet Feet - Boost those thugs and grab that treasure. well that is the plan here at least. though a fast dog and zombie to charge around is also appealing.

6 - Transpose - This has good synergy with the wizards eye, and gives me another way of moving things around which seems important.

Then we have our Neutral spells.

7 - Raise Zombie - another body on the pitch and an OOG spell too with low numbers. Yes I like this very useful utility spell,

8 - Scatter Shot - this helps clears the area around my wizard with luck. Not easy to cast but the potential is useful. It also has the potential for some naughty fun via transpose if timed well, and the dice like me

Well thats my first spell list picks. Will they work, I am not sure. I do look forward to finding out though.

Offline Drachenklinge

• Mastermind
  • °_O ... gnihihi ...
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 09:50:13 PM »
Nice idea ... and good to see I ain't the only one. Since I am playing on two weddings (that means clubs) and having minis in two location for some strange reasons I will play my first match on FG next Tuesday. Most likely with my Ronin minis.

So, since I am planning on a dwarven gang and not the original FG's ... technically I am somewhat using ... proxies for my proxies.  ;D  o_o
best wishes
Drachenklinge
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's no problem talking to Your miniatures! Beware, when they begin replying.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »
Oh...I may have to go pick up that Lo-Pan miniature... lol
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!