Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bringing these guys (and myself) out of retirement  (Read 1489 times)

Offline HothJim

• Bookworm
  • Back in the game
Bringing these guys (and myself) out of retirement
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:28:34 PM »
Good afternoon,

Having recently gotten back into miniature gaming after a 15 year+ absence, I was given the heads up on Frostgrave by guys down at my local club in Norwich, England. This game is right up my street! The rules have arrived today, what a stunning piece of work. I am busy painting up a Dwarf army for Kings of War, so on this occasion I have bought up a would-be warband second hand from a local gaming store. The figures below are a mix of Lord of The Rings, Warhammer Empire and I don't know what else! These guys will at least get me playing the game and with a bit of experience under my belt I can assemble a warband of my own making. For now, this motley crew hold the key to survival in the ruined city......
No obvious apprentice as yet, may have to do some clipping or even minor converting! Painted all the bases white this morning and have some snow ready for those that need it. Some smashing photos and stories on this forum guys, plenty of inspiration when needed.
Cheers,
Jim.

Offline richstrach

• Librarian
Re: Bringing these guys (and myself) out of retirement
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:33:19 PM »
I'm the same, haven't played anything since 40K when I was a kid. I'm now getting into Frostgrave to introduce my six year old daughter to the delights of miniature wargaming! My painting skills are worse than rusty though, it'll be a while before I'm confident enough to post any pics...

Offline Xintao

• Librarian
    • Xin's Lair
Re: Bringing these guys (and myself) out of retirement
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »
I too am dusting off figures I painted years ago. and painting figures I bought 20 years ago....
Xin

My Blog: Xin's Lair