Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Governance of Technology Miniatures?  (Read 3762 times)

Offline julesav

• Scientist
Governance of Technology Miniatures?
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »
Hi

I have a 'need' for nice Sci-fi civilians for Infinity games.

I went to seek out the GoT figures I'd seen at Antenociti's Workshop, but it seems they are no longer available. Does anyone know what happened to them or where I could get a few from?

cheers

Julesav
"Some scientists say that humans exhibit a behavior called neophilia, which is a preference for new objects. It’s why we like shiny new things."

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
Re: Governance of Technology Miniatures?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 11:37:53 AM »
From memory, they were discontinued when Antenociti got a licence to produce stuff for Infinity. I don't think the range was sold on at all.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
HTH:
http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/news/g-o-t-scenic-items-g-o-t-figures-cease-production/

I have not heard of them since. One assumes they might be in storage but possibly not.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
Thanks, tnjrp, I'd not seen that.

A bit disappointing, and, in a way, creepy.

Doug

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 04:38:01 PM »
I have 4 of the police that Are gathering dust, so if you'd like them send me a PM. But yes, as far as Im aware when antenociti received at contract to make 'made for infinity' terrain they had to cease production of their minis. A real shame as they had some beauties amongst that range.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 08:53:05 PM »
Yeah; bummer, that...

I missed out on those civvies myself. Typical; passed on them for years and when I finally was in the market for Infinity compatible non-coms, they were gone. ::)

Odd that they had to cease them when Antenocity began doing Infinity 'for real' though. Seems to me like they were not stepping on anyone's toes there...
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Nimrod

• Scientist
    • Слишком много ножей
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »
Modiphius Entertainment plans to include some civilian characters in upcoming Infiniti RPG Kickstarter.
You can see artwork and some  3d sculpts for them here: http://www.beastsofwar.com/events/infinity-gencon15-slides/
Perhaps it would be more practical to wait for them, than trying to find OOP Antenocitis minis.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:04:12 AM by Nimrod »

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 06:47:11 AM »
Odd that they had to cease them when Antenocity began doing Infinity 'for real' though. Seems to me like they were not stepping on anyone's toes there...
While Corvus Belli does occasionally produce an odd civilian or at least not outright military figures -- including the ones presumably being funded by Modiphius in conjunction of the aforementioned RGP KS -- and so they could be seen to be in competition, I haven't seen Antenociti fully disclose why they decided to cease producing GoT civilians and infantry models. The fact that they continue with the vehicles might indicate some sort of deal with CB (since they aren't going to be doing any vehicles in the foreseeable future) but it might also be allocation of resources from a niche product.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »
Modiphius Entertainment plans to include some civilian characters in upcoming Infiniti RPG Kickstarter.
You can see artwork and some for them here: http://www.beastsofwar.com/events/infinity-gencon15-slides/
Perhaps it would be more practical to wait for them, than trying to find OOP Antenocitis minis.

Those look very nice and obviously in the exact Infinity style. Colour me interested!

...The fact that they continue with the vehicles might indicate some sort of deal with CB (since they aren't going to be doing any vehicles in the foreseeable future) but it might also be allocation of resources from a niche product.

Yeah; I guess you must be right. Still a shame though...

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »
While Corvus Belli does occasionally produce an odd civilian or at least not outright military figures -- including the ones presumably being funded by Modiphius in conjunction of the aforementioned RGP KS -- and so they could be seen to be in competition, I haven't seen Antenociti fully disclose why they decided to cease producing GoT civilians and infantry models. The fact that they continue with the vehicles might indicate some sort of deal with CB (since they aren't going to be doing any vehicles in the foreseeable future) but it might also be allocation of resources from a niche product.

Yes they've not officially said why, but the fact that they ceased production at roughly the same time as they started the 'made for infinity' product lines indicates very strongly that that was the case. Plus Antenociti have said that that product line was selling well and looking through their catalogue they have a lot of niche products anyway. So there is a very strong indication that stopping production of them was a clause for receiving that contract. lets hope they still have the masters lying around and that there's some way of getting them back into production.

Offline julesav

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 11:26:54 AM »
Ah well Antenociti's seem clear that sale in any way would not be continued post 2014. I will have to search elsewhere. :-(

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 07:12:05 AM »
If A-citi's deal with CB does preclude making civilian human miniatures it's odd that they can still make things like this:
http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/bob-drones.html

Mind you, it's great that they do. But this does look to me to be fairly interchangeable with a couple of a Infinity REMs (particularly a Nomad one that I can't be bothered to look up the name of right now -- Meteor, IIRC).