Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Team Yankee Model Preview - Artillery  (Read 2413 times)

Offline Major Rawne

• Assistant
Team Yankee Model Preview - Artillery
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:43:16 AM »
Today on Breakthrough Assault​ we have the 3rd look at the Team Yankee models. This week it's the turn of the artillery and there is a lot to showcase! Next week is the big one you have all been waiting for, the tanks!  Check out the pictures here.

Thanks for looking

Ben
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:46:04 AM by Major Rawne »
AKA Ben from Breakthrough Assault - http://breakthroughassault.co.uk/

Currently working on:-
* MW/LW US
* Vietman US
* WW1 Germans (Coming Soon)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Re: Team Yankee Model Preview - Artillery
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:13:48 PM »
You may need to correct the write up on the M106.  It had a 4.2 inch (107mm) mortar tube, not a 120mm.   We still had the 4.2 into the 90s. The M106A3 was the 120mm mortar carrier.
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 09:19:48 PM »
Meanwhile for people wanting their toys now....

http://www.zvezda-usa.com/games/hot-war/
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:46:02 AM »
A lot of the Zvezda vehicles are quite nice, though all the stuff from them is in different scales, which I find a little silly, e.g. 1/144th scale helos, 1/100th vehicles, and 1/72nd scale troops.

Weird!

Also, I recommend avoiding the M1 Abrahams tank, since it is an unfinished prototype that they rushed into production.  If you look closely, you can see a lot of detailing from it is omitted, sadly (definitely not up to the par of the rest of their 1/100th scale vehicles).

Doubly weird, but I guess someone had to meet a deadline, to the detriment of customers.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 08:46:35 AM »
A lot of the Zvezda vehicles are quite nice, though all the stuff from them is in different scales, which I find a little silly, e.g. 1/144th scale helos, 1/100th vehicles, and 1/72nd scale troops.

Weird!

Also, I recommend avoiding the M1 Abrahams tank, since it is an unfinished prototype that they rushed into production.  If you look closely, you can see a lot of detailing from it is omitted, sadly (definitely not up to the par of the rest of their 1/100th scale vehicles).

Doubly weird, but I guess someone had to meet a deadline, to the detriment of customers.

It's designed to fit their specific game system.  A lot of people use 1/144 aircraft with 15mm, it's a popular modelling scale.

I understand that the Abrams is rather bare but can be dollied up to make a reasonable model. There's a nice review out there online somewhere.

Anyway, the point is there is stuff out there already if people want choice and I suspect the Zvezda stuff will be a cheaper alternative. There's a hell of a lot of BTRs in a MRC.

I might be tempted. I had 1:1 scale battalions in 1/285 many, many years ago. Sold it all. Still we had a lot of fun back in the day, epecially after we moved away from the TTG Challanger rules to the more elegant Frank Chadwick rules.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:48:26 AM »
Oh and if you have the time and feel like some mood setting then the whole day by day, blow by blow account of Ex Lionheart 84 is available on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU-qmHYXosQ

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 02:21:02 PM »

Weird!

They said it was an horrible mishap when they used the prototype file for the main steel mold. when they realized it it was too late and because the costs involved preparing the thing (from what PSC and Perry's say it is quite  high) they had to go forward anyway, but they apologized on facebook. Considering they kit are usually great, and their art of war series is nice (I have several of their 1/100 vehicles) I am inclined to believe them. Sometime these things happen.
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Ulu Elsomalien

• Scientist
  • Prepainted General
    • Prépeint & Cie
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 03:15:17 PM »
I understand that the Abrams is rather bare but can be dollied up to make a reasonable model. There's a nice review out there online somewhere.

Here maybe ? The link leads to Modeldads.co.uk which has many others Zvezda kits reviews.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:44:25 PM by Ulu Elsomalien »
A word for miniatures, scenery and rules compulsive buying ? Zhobbyllness !

Ulu Elsomalien