Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:21:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690594
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battlelore! A big thread  (Read 8578 times)

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
Re: Battlelore! A big thread
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 01:06:57 AM »
Only needing one victory point to win, every battle had the potential of winning the day.  Unfortunately for the English, the French had finally managed to make it across the battlefield and held some superior tactical cards in reserve for this occasion.  Attacking in force with fresh troops, the French Regulars succeeded where their cavalry failed.

Before I knew it the Frech attacked with a vengeance and the victory points were tied, then…

One turn later the French general, through wise tactical planning and a little luck of the dice, took two victory points and won the game!

…game over!

The fatalities of battle may their poor souls rest in peace.

It was a thrilling battle!  I knew that I had to be successful with my missile attacks and capture as many victory points as I could before his troops could advance.  I knew Steve was a worthy opponent and has a great tactical mind and if he managed to make it across the board I would be in trouble.  I think things went as well as any general could hope for (well, except the loss at the end). Things went my way for the first two thirds of the game, then for the last third things were a fair balance of give and take.  It certainly looked like I would win when I was up 2 victory points and only needed to win one more on Steve’s wounded units had already taken losses.  Alas Steve planned his final assault well and in the end crushed me.

Winner:  French (+1 Vicotry Points)
Victory Points:  French 4, English 3
Campaign total:  French 5, English 3

Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
Great job in turning cheap little plastic figures into a more enjoyable board game. Thanks for sharing.
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »
Great job in turning cheap little plastic figures into a more enjoyable board game. Thanks for sharing.

Honestly, I think it "ruined" me for other miniature games.  I enjoyed painting the smaller scale, less detailed miniatures so much I've been looking for similar board games to paint...of course, I still have the expansions to paint, so I guess it's no hurry to find anything new ;)

Offline keeper

• Mad Scientist
  • All your dice are belong to us
    • Prince Azalea's World of Wonders
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »
Everyone else will probably think I'm mad saying this, but there is a certain kind of joy to be had in making an low-quality sculpt look like a nicely painted mini.

Not that I know how good the battlelore sculpts are - but you're painting does make them look very good :)