Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:52:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Ongoing Ordeals of Lady Mygraine (and the Heroes that rescue her).  (Read 864 times)

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
Today I had a little "farewell to the holidays" game with my son.
Once again the Lady Mygraine found herself in deadly peril (some of you might remember her?) and heroes were called upon to extract her.
Let's set the scene of the game:
Once again the baron's daughter, the Lady Mygraine, found herself mysteriously locked outside the castle on the evening of a lunar eclipse. As it happened a local Necromancer, August Knochenmaurer, needed a victim for that night, what coincidence... As soon as her abduction was discovered (Which was quickly, as the baron always gets suspicious when the servants start acting relaxed and suddenly stop wearing cheese in their ears.) the baron summoned the nearest heroes. It is known that she will most likely be sacrificed in one of the stone circles in the local forest. Two bands of heroes respond, but who will arrive on time?
This time the task fell to brave Paladin Hieronymusch Lightbringer and a resolute Father Gerhardt. It was a pleasant game, running up to a suitably tense and exciting crescendo. The ruleset of choice was In Her Majesty's Name, as it suits my small scale skirmish games quite well, though experiments to simulate the dungeoneering-style slowly grinding down of heroes with it continues.

Anyway, the full unfolding of events is on my blog, on to the pictures:

The valiant duo as they enter the woods.

Having defeated the first few attackers, our heroes venture deeper among the trees:

After inspecting a few empty stone circles, their search is at an end, but will they prevail?

Despite my quips about the damsel in distress (or is it the distressing damsel?) in the telling of the tale, it was actually quite a tense, exciting and close-fought game. A good time was had by the both of us.  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: The Ongoing Ordeals of Lady Mygraine (and the Heroes that rescue her).
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 11:40:25 PM »
Great report.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous