Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Studio miniature zombies  (Read 1626 times)

Offline JArgo

• Librarian
  • Hamburg, Germany
    • Der Inselaffe
Studio miniature zombies
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:50:15 PM »
Hi

I've just picked up Mantics' The Walking Dead and I was wondering if Studio miniatures zombie range is size compatible.  Does anybody have both and can tell me what they think?

I know mileage varies about what goes together, but I'd be interested in opinions.

Cheers

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
Re: Studio miniature zombies
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:02:31 AM »
Hi

I've just picked up Mantics' The Walking Dead and I was wondering if Studio miniatures zombie range is size compatible.  Does anybody have both and can tell me what they think?

I know mileage varies about what goes together, but I'd be interested in opinions.

Cheers

I've got some of both and while they're close height wise (SM are just a hair shorter).  The big difference is prpoportions.  The SM zombies are closer to true scale while the Mantic ones are solidly "heroic".  They're certainly close enough in my book.  I'll see if I can snap a picture tomorrow. 

I've thrown just about every 28mm (ish) zombie into my hoard:  Zombicide, reaper, GW, Wargames Factory, Hasslefree, Studio Miniatures, heroclix, victoryforce.  Heck I even raided an old box of "Last Night On Earth".

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
I have both and have to disagree that they are compatible.  I'm usually ok when minis are slightly different in size or proportion, but these are quite noticeably different.  Ironically, the Studio Mad Max, which was always outsized compared to their other minis, looks 'right' with the Mantic stuff, but the Studio not-TWD and their zeds are different enough to look off.  Since I began painting the Studio stuff first, that's what I'll finish before I begin on my Mantic minis.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline JArgo

• Librarian
  • Hamburg, Germany
    • Der Inselaffe
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »
Thanks for the feedback - i'll stay with the All Out War zombies for the time being then. 

Shame as the Studio zoms look great.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
Personally I'd happily mix them. People vary enormously, even more when they've been zedded. Wait for some pics and make your own mind up.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:27:34 AM »
Need pics.
Let the masses decide.

Grimm

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 04:46:54 AM »
Yes, pics pleas when you are able.  I haven't seen the Studio in person yet but a few of the survivors look like they would work nicely.  Not so sure about the zombies but figures like Waynes and the survivors in Z Squad 2 look quite close.

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 09:46:58 AM »
Thirded, I regularly mix zombicide and project Z minis along with hasslefree and studio miniatures,  and would love to see a picture of a walking dead mini stood shoulder to shoulder with all three (if anybody out there even has all those flavours of undeath) more variety is never a bad thing,  so long as the scales aren't too far out