Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:03:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave Victoriana!Black Powder Rules?  (Read 41696 times)

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Javeliners and Thug added!
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »
Nice mix of magic and Victoriana (all it needs is a little Steampunk !)

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2016, 05:01:51 PM »
For Metternich. This is my Enchanter and his Apprentice. The second pic shows the enchanter with a medium flesh construct and a large metal one.  I'm slowly piecing together a warband for them.

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2016, 08:08:29 PM »
Ok, now you have all related genres covered !

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2016, 03:46:15 PM »
Statues(Super)! I wanted some more scatter terrain and statues do this well. The first statue is a plastic Thor fig. The hammer made me think of an enchanter. I painted it in shades of white because most of my statues I've painted as aged bronze. The next statue is from Old Glory's Super Hero Super game System. The mini was much larger than I thought when I purchased it. I've probably had Lord Tridan for a decade. I'm still looking for a suitable base for him. The final statue is Spider Man perched on a gargoyle from the Chrysler building. The fig is hollow on the bottom so it can be fitted over a battlement or placed on the ground as a fallen piece. The super hero's costumes don't represent particular culture or time so they are perfect for Felsted. I've got a Doctor Doom holding a hammer I'm painting as black marble, I've never attempted it before so we will see how that turns out.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Statues (Super) added!
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2016, 04:18:08 PM »
Thief and Troll. When I started to paint figs for Frostgrave I had a self imposed rule to only use minis I already had. The Troll is just that. He was a plastic fig in a box of Super Hero minis that I bought because they were close to 28mm scale and I thought I could use them at some point. The others are now statues. The thief is from WestWind's Vampire Wars line. I did break the figs I already had rule and bought a couple of sets from that line. I'm not sure about the paint job on the broken bottle but it'll do. The last pic is of the Spiderman gargoyle on a battlement. While placing it for the photo it fell off and made me wonder if there is a falling debris hazard rule. Your Treasure Hunter scales a ruined tower and kicks a brick onto the Apprentice standing beneath kind of situation.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Thief and Troll added!
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2016, 06:06:58 PM »
Large Bronze Statue! Before I get to the photo I just want to thank everyone who's dropped by for a look! Over fifteen thousand views, I am blown away. The pic shows a toy from the film Haunted Mansion. It was a stand for a crystal ball. The ball was not very good but I felt the stand had potential. I think it looks like a monument to Soothsaying. The fig is a 28mm from Brigade Games Napoleonic line. In the background you can see a new piece of scenery, a section of a ruined colosseum. It's an aquarium decoration, quite large, and only eight American Dollars!   

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Bronze Statue added!
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2016, 08:56:08 PM »
Colosseum Closeup! The 1st pic is of the interior curve. If you look close enough on the left you can see the National Geographic logo. The letters are raised so I decided to leave them and think of it as graffiti from an American expedition to Frostgrave. 2nd pic is of the exterior curve, the fig is a 25/28mm Foundry fig.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2016, 09:08:27 PM »
Fantastic work!

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
Thrift Store Argonath! First, thanks jp1885 for the kind words. I think I'm getting the aged bronze/ brass technique down pretty well. The Argonath was a recent thrifting find. It was pretty banged up which made it perfect for Frostgrave. Most of the statues I've painted up look in pristine condition because I can't bring myself to scratch and dent them. This Argonath is missing a hand , bits off the helmet and a big chip off the cape. A little dark grey paint covered up the off white resin exposed. By 28mm standards the statue is about as tall as a 3 story building. It lacks a level surface big enough for a mini or treasure but it sure breaks up line of sight. The fig is a 25/28mm from Foundry.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:40:04 PM by Governor General »

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Thrift Store Argonath added!
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2016, 04:00:41 PM »
Universal Plinth! Statues are rarely placed directly on the ground, most have some sort of stand. The plinth started out as a shiny purple resin box I found at a thrift store. I primed it grey then washed it with black and dry brushed it with lighter shades. It can hold a variety of figures or statues. It also works fine as scatter terrain by itself.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Universal Plinth added!
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2016, 11:49:56 AM »
Great looking project GG

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Universal Plinth added!
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2016, 11:05:34 PM »
Last Two Living Statues! Thank you Chairface for dropping by and the nice remarks. These are the last of the statues for the scenario. Like the others they're GW Champions of Slaneesh from the 80s. I used a turquoise blue for the vedigris, I'm happy with it. The second pic shows all six of the Living Statues posed on or near the Universal Plinth.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Last Two Living Statues added!
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2016, 03:34:04 PM »
Victorian Necromancer, Apprentice and Zombies! The Necromancer is from North Star, part of their Horror Stories line, Dr. Everett Lich. In the second pic (from l-r ) Zombie; Brigade Games, Apprentice; Artizan, Lich; North Star and Zombie: Artizan. It's been a while since I posted but I finally had some time for painting. Seemed right to post a Necromancer for Threadomancy.    
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:01:47 PM by Governor General »

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Victorian Necromancer and Assoc. added!
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2016, 09:41:42 PM »
Eugene the Enchanter and Construct! I was going to use Eugene as a henchmen for the Victorian Necromancer but when the mini arrived I realised his gladstone had a saw and pliers sticking out. His general vibe was more Enchanter. The fig is from Brigade Games Post Apoc line and was a treat to paint. I was inspired to paint him like P.T. Barnum from Gangs of New York. Check pattern is difficult (for me) to paint but it looks so good when it's finished. The construct is from RAFM. I painted it as the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Victorian Enchanter and Construct added!
« Reply #149 on: December 23, 2016, 08:48:10 AM »
Eugene is a noble name for an inventor and from what I've heard Mr. Tesla says his queued proto-mullet makes him, "a fun guy".  Great looking figure and the coat looks came out styling.