Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:38:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Delving into Frostgrave  (Read 3627 times)

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: Delving into Frostgrave
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 05:57:11 PM »
Cool
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Very nice conversions. Welcome  :)

Offline Maelstrom

• Schoolboy
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »
Thank you for all the replies guys and the welcomes  :D

Quote from: Curadh
Really nice work.  And nice fluff background!

Cheers sir, the idea for these guys has been in my head for a while. There was a point I was toying with having a crack at writing a fantasy book and having a necromantic faction. Theres a few other ideas from it I may well incorporate into models before long.

Right as threatened I grabbed some pictures of some of the monsters I've been working on:

First we have a Great worm, seen this model pop up in a few threads on here:

Still a little to do on him, the matte varnish also seems to have dried a little glossy but I think it seems to work rather well.

Here he is compared to a necromancer and a man at arms:

I do love the Necromancer sculpt, he has a proper arrogant/aloof look you would expect from a magister.

Currently on the painting table I have a gamezone vampiress, I have got to have had this model lying around for at least 4 years:

This model has a little back story to it. In the rule book theres a little blurb about adventurers finding someone frozen in the ice.

The idea is that she was a vampiric noble woman frozen during the cities fall, some unfortunate adventurers found her frozen and decided to chip her out the ice to take her gold jewelery, Needless to say that was a bad idea. Now she wanders the city in her tattered finery feding on any unwary explorer.

She is heavily Paint in progress.

When she is done I have 2 demons to paint:

Both reaper sculpts, really like the fire elemental at the back, fantastic sculpt and the sort of thing that finds a home in a game like frostgrave.

Anyway thats it for now, I'll be back with more before long currently alternating between working on these guys and some Deadzone bits. Again thanks for all the feed back and welcomes guys :)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »
Fantastic start!! :o
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Maelstrom

• Schoolboy
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
Evening guys,

Sorry for the silence in here been rather busy in real life, even journeyed to Stockholm since the last update. I do however come bearing some WiP pics:

Very nearly finished the next member of the warband an Infantry man:

rather happy with how he has turned out, I need to make a few more options for the warband and I'll soon be ready to begin painting them.

With some left over GS I also had  a bit of a play around with adding chain mail to one of the plastic Frostgrave soldiers:

I think it works quite well, I intend to make a warband with more of a mercenary feel next so this guy may well serve as a concept piece.

On the painting front I have been working on 2 skeletons, still more work to do on them but you can see where they are going:

well thats it for now, I hope it wont be so long between updates again. Let me kno wwhat you think guys :)

Offline admiraldick

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 07:45:05 PM »
all looks really good. I think you're going to have to give us a tutorial on your dragon scale armour and fur.

Offline Urquhart

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:37 PM »
all looks really good. I think you're going to have to give us a tutorial on your dragon scale armour and fur.

+1
“Youth is not made for pleasure but for heroism” - Paul Claudel
New Missions and ideas for Frostgrave topic
Felstad's incursions topic